Rockets @ Suns 2-19-16

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What am I missing with Humphries? It seems like whenever he gets minutes he puts up a double double. But he hasn't been getting many minutes the past few years.

It's only 1 game but this is what an NBA PF should be. Hell, even Leuer & Teletovic had better games than Morris. I know, I'm the guy posters mentioned will not let sleeping dogs lie, I'm done now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's only 1 game but this is what an NBA PF should be. Hell, even Leuer & Teletovic had better games than Morris. I know, I'm the guy posters mentioned will not let sleeping dogs lie, I'm done now.

Wake up the sleeping dogs. I would like a player like Kris Humphries if he can bring it every night. I'm not sure a lot of Suns fans are locked into stretch 4s except as another offensive weapon to spread the floor.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Wake up the sleeping dogs. I would like a player like Kris Humphries if he can bring it every night. I'm not sure a lot of Suns fans are locked into stretch 4s except as another offensive weapon to spread the floor.
And he is probably now our best rebounder.

With the injuries at the Center position, we need that.

Of course, as devoid of team chemistry as the Suns are, what does it matter?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And he is probably now our best rebounder.

With the injuries at the Center position, we need that.

Of course, as devoid of team chemistry as the Suns are, what does it matter?

I think team chemistry will return with Bledsoe and a healthy team. The Suns need a pass first PG to play behind Bledsoe in the worst way. Knight is primarily a SG and things go astray when he is asked to be a PG other than a few minutes a game... sort of like Barbosa.

IMO, a younger player similar to Humphries is what the Suns should be looking for in a PF.

Last edited:

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm surprised no playoff team offered a first round pick or some other trade offer for Mirza Teletovic. If I were a contender I would have preferred him to Channing Frye. I can't buy the Suns sole effort at the trade deadline was to trade Markieff. The Suns were a lot more active at the 2015 trade deadline. Maybe Frye's guaranteed contract had something to do with it. I wouldn't mind keeping Mirza.

Me too, it just seemed like a no-brainer. Maybe he likes it here and we have an unspoken agreement to give him a decent contract after this season. He'd be a great weapon to have off the bench. I'd probably still rather have pocketed another 1st round pick as we don't seem to be all that close to contending but what we think and what the front office thinks isn't always close to being the same.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too, it just seemed like a no-brainer. Maybe he likes it here and we have an unspoken agreement to give him a decent contract after this season. He'd be a great weapon to have off the bench. I'd probably still rather have pocketed another 1st round pick as we don't seem to be all that close to contending but what we think and what the front office thinks isn't always close to being the same.

Maybe Mirza is one of those players McDonough talked about bringing back on a reasonable contract. IMO, it would be a good move.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
What am I missing with Humphries? It seems like whenever he gets minutes he puts up a double double. But he hasn't been getting many minutes the past few years.

I've been wondering that for years too. He's one of those guys you want to take in the late rounds of a fantasy draft, but talk yourself out of.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been wondering that for years too. He's one of those guys you want to take in the late rounds of a fantasy draft, but talk yourself out of.

I have thought the same thing. The Suns are going to have to keep some veteran players on the roster. I would be find if Humphries is one of them.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

That's funny because I would ALWAYS target him in the mid to late rounds in our sports.ws league. (Which I miss BTW.)