Robert Griffin III- Gruden's QB Camp

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
I had the missus tape this for me last night as I was anxious to get an up close and personal look at RG3. And all I can say this kid is damn IMPRESSIVE, both in his analysis of his game and opponents and his understanding of his skill and how to use it. His throwing at the end was short but very impressive as well

The Redskins had to overpay (a lot) to get that 2nd pick but I really believe this kid will repay the price paid for him and then some. He's got potential star written all over him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyZEKtbDvqo

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i like baylor and love griffin ....... just hate that he will be performing for such an unlikeable dumpster fire as the redskins

also like that griffin declined Indy on their invite for a private workout

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Reaction score
i like baylor and love griffin ....... just hate that he will be performing for such an unlikeable dumpster fire as the redskins

also like that griffin declined Indy on their invite for a private workout

I can see his reasoning for declining the invite but if I was his agent I would have told him to go compete for that spot.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
there is no spot to compete for ..... he had a great senior season complete with heisman trophy and major bowl win, had a good combine, had a good pro-day (which me moved from the same day as lucks), had good interviews and public appearances

the colts can keep their theatrics and side show ..... he's a top 2 pick in the draft, no benefit to going out there and being a pawn in their game

if they like him they like him ...... if they like luck they like luck ...... these private workouts above and beyond the pro-days are a bit much

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Reaction score
there is no spot to compete for ..... he had a great senior season complete with heisman trophy and major bowl win, had a good combine, had a good pro-day (which me moved from the same day as lucks), had good interviews and public appearances

the colts can keep their theatrics and side show ..... he's a top 2 pick in the draft, no benefit to going out there and being a pawn in their game

if they like him they like him ...... if they like luck they like luck ...... these private workouts above and beyond the pro-days are a bit much

Can't really disagree with any of that.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
He turned down a private workout for the Redskins as well, so dont read to much into turning down the Colts.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to watch this show, always sounds awesome but never seen it before.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Born 2-3 years too late. Cost guys like Luck and Griffin what, 25-35 million dollars?

Oh well hard to complain about getting a check for around $15 million dollars before you even start your job.

Like Lee Trevino said when a reporter asked him if he felt the pressure over a putt to win a tournament and $500,000. "There's no pressure. I get $250,000 if I miss!"

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Born 2-3 years too late. Cost guys like Luck and Griffin what, 25-35 million dollars?

Oh well hard to complain about getting a check for around $15 million dollars before you even start your job.

Like Lee Trevino said when a reporter asked him if he felt the pressure over a putt to win a tournament and $500,000. "There's no pressure. I get $250,000 if I miss!"

Exsactly, these guys owe the game coming in, not the other way around.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Reaction score
He turned down a private workout for the Redskins as well, so dont read to much into turning down the Colts.

I could be wrong but I believe it was the other way around. I believe it was the Redskins who said that a private work out for either RG3 or Luck was not in their plans because they saw enough in their respective pro-days.

I would think that If the Redskins asked RG3 for a private workout he'd probably agree, seeing as they are most likely to draft him.

Either way I dont think its an issue that changes anything, Luck will be #1 and RG3 #2.

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I believe it was the other way around. I believe it was the Redskins who said that a private work out for either RG3 or Luck was not in their plans because they saw enough in their respective pro-days.

I would think that If the Redskins asked RG3 for a private workout he'd probably agree, seeing as they are most likely to draft him.

Nope, Schefter just repeated himself.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Either way I dont think its an issue that changes anything, Luck will be #1 and RG3 #2.

multiple reports today that he wont do private workouts as they are a waste of time in his situation.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I think he will be better than Luck. Not only on the field but the playstyle will be more attractive to the media and marketing people too.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he will be better than Luck. Not only on the field but the playstyle will be more attractive to the media and marketing people too.

I like the kid a ton, but there's no way you can draft RG3 over Luck. I'm not sure why the media & marketing people factor into this decision??? The only thing that matters is how they perform & if they win. Luck is as gifted as any college QB I've seen in the last 50 years. He's every bit as impressive as Manning & Elway were coming out, maybe more. RG3 has great character, great poise, great accuracy, BUT he needs to resist the urge to run from the pocket. The ONLY downside to RG3 is the risk of injury due to his proclivity to take off & run occasionally.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the kid a ton, but there's no way you can draft RG3 over Luck. I'm not sure why the media & marketing people factor into this decision??? The only thing that matters is how they perform & if they win. Luck is as gifted as any college QB I've seen in the last 50 years. He's every bit as impressive as Manning & Elway were coming out, maybe more. RG3 has great character, great poise, great accuracy, BUT he needs to resist the urge to run from the pocket. The ONLY downside to RG3 is the risk of injury due to his proclivity to take off & run occasionally.

:yeahthat:

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
I think Irsay is contributing a lot to this alledged rumor of RGIII going to the Colts instead. I swear that dude is a complete headcase. If the Colts take anyone but Luck then Irsay should be taken out behind the barn for a good old ass kicking!

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
As an after thought, why the hell don't the Cardinals ever get the chance to draft a QB coming out of college like Luck or RGIII. When was the last time we had the chance to draft a sure fire can't miss QBOF?

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As an after thought, why the hell don't the Cardinals ever get the chance to draft a QB coming out of college like Luck or RGIII. When was the last time we had the chance to draft a sure fire can't miss QBOF?

Well, the picks that you speak of are usually off the board at either 1 or 2.

Which basically means, we suck.. but just never enough to draft our own franchise QB.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

We thought we did in 2006. Well, that's really not the same I guess. Leinart was considered the most NFL ready of the QBs in '06 but not a sure fire can't miss selection.

We also could have drafted Philip Rivers in 2004 but I don't remember if he was considered a can't miss QB at the time.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We thought we did in 2006. Well, that's really not the same I guess. Leinart was considered the most NFL ready of the QBs in '06 but not a sure fire can't miss selection.

We also could have drafted Philip Rivers in 2004 but I don't remember if he was considered a can't miss QB at the time.

I remember that day well. I was thinking that we finally had our franchise QB and it was all uphill from there. What a let down.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Rams are going to come out of this with some great picks. I personally think RGIII will struggle pretty significantly his 1st year; his footwork will get him into a lot of trouble, his inability to read through full progressions, and his instinct to run after 1st option isn't open will certainly make it tough for him to stay healthy. Shannahan will force his system on RG, and in my opinion, it's going to fail miserably.