Riverdale (The CW)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
A quick search shows there hasn't been a thread for this. I'm quite glad I didn't know what network this had aired on, because, considering the premise, I would have given a CW show like this an obvious pass. Well, I'm glad I didn't know, because I quite enjoy it. Sure, it's one of those guilty pleasure type of shows. It's overly dramatic in the CW soap-opera style. And the premise is absolutely ridiculous. But, you know what? It's just fun.

Also, I found this neat:

Riverdale exists in the world of Lovecraft. Love it!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I skipped it because I assumed it was based on the Archies.... didnt feel the need to see a live action jugghead

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I skipped it because I assumed it was based on the Archies.... didnt feel the need to see a live action jugghead

It is, but really only in name. It's a really, REALLY nasty, dark type of Archie world. Murder, sex, drugs, etc. Plus they added a super, super, suuuuper hot redheaded biotch to the cast lol

Not the first time they've taken Archie dark. There's a series of Archie/Predator comics, I think.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It is, but really only in name. It's a really, REALLY nasty, dark type of Archie world. Murder, sex, drugs, etc. Plus they added a super, super, suuuuper hot redheaded biotch to the cast lol

Not the first time they've taken Archie dark. There's a series of Archie/Predator comics, I think.
so,...theres like,... Archie, Jugghead, Veronica, Moose...all of them??

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Tried it, didn't like it. It's still a teenage angst show. Vampire Diaries without the vampires.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Tried it, didn't like it. It's still a teenage angst show. Vampire Diaries without the vampires.

Can't blame you a bit. I could 100 percent see why someone wouldn't like this. I canNOT agree about Vampire Diaries w/out vampires, because I'd never watch that decroded pile of crap, but still... :)

so,...theres like,... Archie, Jugghead, Veronica, Moose...all of them??

Yep. Just...different.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson