Supporting Member
Reaction score
Restrepo

Release Date: June 25, 2010 (NY, LA)
Studio: National Geographic Entertainment
Director: Tim Hetherington, Sebastian Junger
Screenwriter: N/A
Genre: Documentary
MPAA Rating: R (for language throughout including some descriptions of violence)

Starring: N/A

Plot Summary: Winner of the 2010 Sundance Film Festival Grand Jury Prize for a Documentary, "Restrepo" chronicles the deployment of a U.S. platoon of courageous American soldiers in Afghanistan's Korengal Valley, considered to be one of the most dangerous postings in the U.S. military. From May 2007 to July 2008, Tim Hetherington and Sebastian Junger dug in with the men of the Second Platoon, Battle Company of the 503rd Infantry Regiment (airborne), stationed at Restrepo, sharing duties and shooting more than 150 hours of combat, frustration, routine, jokes, terror and bravery during daily life at the outpost. Hetherington and Junger, have made a film unlike any other about men in harm's way. We see their courage. We experience their frustrations. We share their bonding. We hear the music they listen to, and we see the snapshots of their kids that they pass around. It is something that audiences have never before experienced. As they fight the Taliban, these 15 men win our hearts and minds in a way no fictional film can.

You must be registered for see images attach

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
It is one of the coolest documentaries I have seen. They have it on Netflix by the way for those of you that have it set up where you can stream from your wifi. It is pretty intense and by the end of it you can't help but be emotionally caught up in everything the soldiers are going through. It definitely opened my eyes and also showed the reality of what our soldiers have to deal with not only during combat but also once they return home. I would highly reccomend you watch it if you haven't yet.

P.S. I didn't check but there may already be a thread on this in the TV/Movie section. If not it might not be a bad idea for one of the Mods to move it there since it seems more suitable for that section......then again what do I know!!

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Really great documentary that shows you what goes on over there. Very well done....highly recommended

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renowned war filmmaker, prize-winning photojournalist killed in Libya
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42682853/ns/world_news-mideast/n_africa/?GT1=43001

An Oscar-nominated war-film director and a second prize-winning photojournalist died covering a battle between rebels and Libyan government forces in the western city of Misrata on Wednesday.

Two other Western photographers apparently working alongside them were wounded.

British-born Tim Hetherington, co-director of the 2010 documentary "Restrepo" about U.S. soldiers on an outpost in Afghanistan, was killed, said his U.S.-based publicist, Johanna Ramos Boyer.

Chris Hondros, a New York-based photographer for Getty Images, died later Wednesday after suffering a serious head wound, according to Getty's director of photography, Pancho Bernasconi.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard