Report: Kobe wins MVP award

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Kobe Bryant has been selected the NBA's most valuable player for the first time in his 12-year career, the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.

The newspaper cited sources familiar with the outcome who were not authorized to speak publicly about the award until the official announcement next week.

"We have not been told anything by the league," Lakers spokesman John Black told The Associated Press.

Bryant, 29, has won three championships with the Los Angeles Lakers and is widely regarded as the league's premier talent. But he had never come close to winning an MVP before this season — he was third in voting last year, his highest finish.

Bryant averaged 28.3 points, 6.3 rebounds and 5.4 assists in the regular season. More importantly, he led the Lakers to a 57-25 record and the top seed in the rugged Western Conference.

The award figured to go to either Bryant, New Orleans point guard Chris Paul or Boston Celtics forward Kevin Garnett.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8099444?MSNHPHMA

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Damn you Joe, you're too fast for me. I was just about to post this. :D

Hopefully it's true, it's long over due. Congrats KB24!

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I understand when people don't like Kobe. I was the same with with Michael Jordon. I friggin HATE Michael Jordan, always have. I never could stand him, but as much as I hated it, I never could argue his greatness.

I'm just glad he finally retired for good. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard