Reed out Six months!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Major bummer. It's hard for second-round picks to make it because they don't have the default four-year contract, so hopefully this won't set him back too severely. But there's already a knock against him because of his age, so it will be tough.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That sucks I really liked what I seen from him in summer league

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Knight, then Reed. Let's hope the major injuries stop here.

If the Suns sign a guard outside the organization they will probably looking for someone for the veteran minimum.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed the Suns had agreed to sign shooting guard Peter Jok of Iowa to a partially guaranteed contract.

The 6-foot-6, 205-pound undrafted rookie spent four years at Iowa, seeing an increased role and improved point-per-game average each year. As a senior in 2016-17, he averaged 19.9 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game while shooting 43 percent overall and 38 percent from three.

Let's hope for the best.

I would prefer the Suns sign a younger player if they feel the need to add another guard.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1216049/report-suns-sign-iowa-product-peter-jok/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot Mike James. Anybody think he wants to shoot. :)

Position filled.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh i think he would have had a decent rookie season showed flashes in preseason anyway.

Hope a decent sg in fa could go after

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah, it is too bad... I wasn't a fan of him when he was picked, but have to admit he looked like a player in the summer league. Of course, he still can be a solid contributor down the road if he comes back from the injury (luckily not a ligament). But not counting on much from him this year.

And now I am back to wishing we had taken Jordan Bell with that pick, who has looked like an ace pickup by GS. Though of course, that is through no fault of Reed's.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Hope he comes back and gets playing time after the all star break. Looked like a solid backup in summer league. Steady play with a pretty good shot and defence. Not a fan of Mike James but I could be wrong.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now it looks like waiving Barbosa was a bad move, with the injuries to Knight and now Reed. I wonder if he'd be interested in coming back? I know we have a few options with the recent signing of Peter Jok and Mike James being on a 2 way contract.

We also signed Elijah Millsap to a partially guaranteed deal at the end of the season last year. I thought that was questionable at the time, he was signed April 9th with 2 games left in the season, but he may actually see some playing time on the main roster after being on our D-League team for a few years.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/04/09/phoenix-suns-sign-elijah-millsap

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Suns would be interested in Shabazz Muhammad as a replacement. Once upon a time the Suns reportedly had interest in him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Anyone want to kick the tires on Ben McLemore?

Edit: Never mind, I didn't realize that the Grizzlies have already picked him up.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ben Mclemore would have been an interesting option but the Grizzlies signed him to a 2 year contract in July for 10 million plus and he is out 12 weeks with a foot injury.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know Jackson was billed as a F/G by a lot of draft sites, I wonder if he'll see any time at SG this season. He's definitely one of the players who fit the bill for the move toward position-less basketball. I know it's been discussed if he can play some PF but I think he can play some SG, he'll already be assigned to defend top SG.

I'd like to see Bledsoe at SG sharing time on the floor with Ulis. It's not like he's not accustomed to playing off the ball, having played with Chris Paul in LA and then the 2 PG system alongside Dragic, IT, and Knight his first few years here.

There were some recent highlights that came out of Bledsoe playing with Rondo at the Kentucky alumni game. If he was 2-3 inches taller I think he'd be a great SG.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard