Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You were incorrect sir. Tristan Dunn is still committed.

As is the highest rated kicker.

Not as bad, still need some solid corners through the portal.
Ha, whoopie! This is the worst recruiting class in the history of ASU football.

The portal should be viewed like JUCO players - the top programs will get all the best players, and everyone left will have question marks.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ha, whoopie! This is the worst recruiting class in the history of ASU football.

The portal should be viewed like JUCO players - the top programs will get all the best players, and everyone left will have question marks.

I think you are right in that from the high school ranks, it will be one of our worst.

But "recruiting" has changed due to the portal. We'll have to see how that shakes out and we won't know today.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like we picked up a possible successor to Daniels at QB...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think you are right in that from the high school ranks, it will be one of our worst.

But "recruiting" has changed due to the portal. We'll have to see how that shakes out and we won't know today.
I appreciate your optimism, I genuinely do, but there is a reason that players are in the portal. If you think the portal is a substitute for actual recruiting, you'll be really disappointed.

The failure of this recruiting cycle will be felt for a long time.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A bunch of guys that were not making it elsewhere. Maybe some will pan out. I mean what else have we got?

This year is going to devastate the program. With the transfers, you aren't getting guys for four years, which builds the program from the ground up. they will be gone in a year or two, maybe 3.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I appreciate your optimism, I genuinely do, but there is a reason that players are in the portal. If you think the portal is a substitute for actual recruiting, you'll be really disappointed.

The failure of this recruiting cycle will be felt for a long time.

You may be right, but you are not acknowledging the big shift that the portal has made. You are able to get players that are ready to play, which is big if you aren't signing 5 stars every year, or hit rough patch like ASU.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...rything-about-the-way-football-teams-recruit/

We are supposed to have about 10 more players coming to ASU through the portal.

This "recruiting class" won't be settled today and we'll have to see how it sorts out over the next several months.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You may be right, but you are not acknowledging the big shift that the portal has made. You are able to get players that are ready to play, which is big if you aren't signing 5 stars every year, or hit rough patch like ASU.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...rything-about-the-way-football-teams-recruit/

We are supposed to have about 10 more players coming to ASU through the portal.

This "recruiting class" won't be settled today and we'll have to see how it sorts out over the next several months.
Honestly, I don't anticipate the portal to be any different than recruiting at the high school level. The top teams will clean up, and ASU will be amongst the also rans picking amongst the scraps.

We're basically in purgatory until the investigation is over and Herm is gone. Rebuilding from there will take years.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m not saying it’s a good class but Herb is on record saying they plan to have about 10 transfers. The recruiting is an issue though with the investigation. Hopefully that gets cleared up soon.

The Devils have had some recent luck with transfers though(kellen dietsch, Henry hattis, jack jones) . So hopefully it all works out. I mean heck Raschad White was a juco transfer right?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU announces the signing of six players.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a poor showing. Not sure I will go so far as to suggest it will devastate the program but obviously it will hurt. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, that transfer portal changes the dynamics. The portal probably cannot reverse the weakness of this class but it can take some of the edge off.

I know it is fun to bust on kickers but don’t underestimate the importance of a good kicker. Zendejas can barely hit from 40 so an upgrade was needed

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah the investigation(which is warranted) is really hurting. The team was off to a pretty fast start recruiting wise with a bunch of really good players . I’d like to see that get resolved asap so they can move forward with the 2023 class (if the staff is still here anyway).

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah the investigation(which is warranted) is really hurting. The team was off to a pretty fast start recruiting wise with a bunch of really good players . I’d like to see that get resolved asap so they can move forward with the 2023 class (if the staff is still here an yway).
To me it seems like ASU is going the self imposed sanction route by keeping AP and others off the recruiting trail. This may lessen any sanctions

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some good players leaving through the transfer portal.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Herm Train is definitely getting derailed. With the departures and poor recruiting, we may be in for some dark days.

The alleged recruiting violations, if they occurred, were incredibly stupid.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dumpster fire. ASU is going to be au bad sooner rather than later.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wilson is the only new one here. He really didn't play much this year and when he did, people here ripped on him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Herm Edwards is looking to bring in a dozen players through the transfer portal.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Herm Edwards is looking to bring in a dozen players through the transfer portal.

Go get em Herm!

In other news. I guess Trayanum has already signed up with Ohio State, as a linebacker! He is heading home, that's his home state. Good luck to him, he has a bright future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson