Recipe-a-Day #9 - Mexican-Style Stuffed Peppers

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have made this one many times and it turns out GREAT each time!!! I have cut the peppers the way the picture shows, but I actually prefer to carefully cut off the tops and dig the seeds out and fill it so it stands up fully intact. If you can cut the top off carefully enough, after you stuff the peppers, you can replace the top for cooking and it has a nice look while serving. Also, the recipe doesn't call for any meat in it, but I always add some browned ground beef. Makes it more like a meal than a side dish. Very easy to make!!! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mexican-Style Stuffed Peppers
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Rice and tasty, tender vegetables make the centerpiece of these savory stuffed peppers. Seasoned with Garden Salsa and finished with a 4-cheese Mexican blend this corn-flecked rice filling makes these peppersdelicioso!

Estimated Preparation Time: 15 mins
Estimated Cook Time: 30 mins
Servings: 8

Ingredients
:

8 medium green bell peppers halved and seeded
3 cups cooked long-grain white rice
1 (10-oz.) package frozen peas and carrots
1 cup whole kernel corn
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 3/4 cups ORTEGA Salsa - Homestyle Recipe (Mild) divided
1 1/2 cups 4 cheese Mexican blend divided

Directions
:

PREHEAT oven to 375°F.

PLACE bell peppers in microwave-safe dish with 3 tablespoons water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly tender. Drain.

COMBINE rice, peas and carrots, corn, green onions, 3/4 cup salsa and 1 cup cheese in large bowl. Fill each pepper with about 1/2 cup rice mixture. Place peppers in ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking dish; top with remaining salsa and cheese.

BAKE, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover; bake for additional 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OK, i'm so confused.

Whose recipes are these?? jenna's or CQ's??

OP
OP
C

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
OK, i'm so confused.

Whose recipes are these?? jenna's or CQ's??

These are mine. I am posting recipes in REPLACEMENT of jenna's while she's not feeling well.
Clear as mud? ;)

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm a stickler for protocol.

Unless, for the rest of the month, you've been given a blank check, to speak on behalf of jenna.....I gotta question this.

Are you in constant communications with her on these decisions?? Are you just the frontman....and she is working in the background, delivering us the highest RoD's known to ASFN?? Are you searching through her personal database of recipes?? Has she given you a list of say, 15 or so recipes, and you are just choosing from that list??

This doesn't feel right....I'm thinking these last few recipes are unofficial.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CQ said:
These are mine. I am posting recipes in REPLACEMENT of jenna's while she's not feeling well.

WTF?

OP
OP
C

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, Jenna's been sick with the flu. She did one RoD this week, but is just too sick feeling to do any others. So instead of having only 1 recipe posted this week, I did another week of RoD so we wouldn't have to hear about how people are starving because there haven't been any new recipes posted.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be difficult here. I just feel deceived.

I was promised recipes by jenna....and that is what I wanted to eat last night.

I'm not going to pass judgement, even though, if this were me, the only thing that could hold me back from my RoD committment.....would be getting torn apart by a pack of wild coyotes, or amoebic dysentary.

My menu for this week looks like.....

Offical ASFN Recipes.......--jenna

I'm not saying what is being done here isn't valiant....by all means its wonderful. It's just not official..............it's like my "Hope you like seafood" thread. Fine....but not officially ASFN RoD certified foods.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This threatens to shake ASFN to the Core.

The once powerful, Guild of RoD Chefs, now appears fatally splintered.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is like that episode of Different Strokes where Arnold was almost molested by the bike store guy

:(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard