Recipe-a-Day #1 - Resurrection Biscuits

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In honor of today being Easter Sunday, I am posting this recipe for Resurrection Biscuits. I made these with my kids yesterday and they turned out great! I was actually surprised at how tasty they really were. One tip, make sure that the dough is completely sealed around the marshmallow or you have marshmallow goo all over you cookie sheet and the biscuit is all flat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Resurrection Biscuits

Refrigerated biscuit dough
Large marshmallows
Cinnamon sugar
Melted butter

Wrap the biscuit dough around a marshmallow and pinch all the edges well. Dip in melted butter and then roll in a mixture of cinnamon sugar. After you bake these for 10 – 15 minutes, the marshmallows have disappeared, and surprise -- you have an empty tomb!

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Wow. You don't consider the name of that recipe exploitive and/or sacreligious? Not that I give a damn about the sanctity of christianity, but I don't see how a gooey, fluffy treat can properly take on the name of one of the tenets of a religion without trivializing the meaning of that tenet. Just seems odd to me that it would be considered OK....

:shrug:

What's next? Horchata's renamed Milk of Magdelan? Donuts called Palms of Jesus Christ? Neopolitan ice cream renamed The Holy Trinity Ice Cream? A fruit cocktail dish called The Fruits of the Virgin Mary?

Not trying to bust your balls, but I'm just a bit confused on that....

OP
OP
C

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's simply a tradition in many Christian families. I didn't invent the recipe or the name of it. It is used as an example, a story telling aid. You can actually Google and find the recipe for yourself. I apologize if the name of this recipe offends anyone. I didn't think that the P&R mud would be slung over a recipe.

Oh, and yes, if I were Jewish and had a recipe that had to do with a Jewish holiday, I would post it without question.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
CQ:

I wasn't getting at you. I was just completely confused as to how something like this that blatantly trivializes a vital tenet of christianity is acceptable. I don't know that anyone would actually take offense to this, but it just struck me as very odd....

I mean, the recipe sounds chewy and delicious, but the naming of it throws me....

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At least it wasn't erection biscuits....

:|

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I attend church regularly; I attempt to live my life as a Christian--and I'm not at all offended by it. Now, if you made sugar cookies in the shape of a hand, and stuck a red jelly bean in the center and cooked them so the jelly bean would melt and look like blood and called 'em "Crucifix Confections" then maybe, yeah. But "resurrection biscuits" seems a benign.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson