The Official High Fructose Corn Syrup Thread

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donald - do you drink milk, or any dairy products?

As his spokesperson, I will respond;

"I drink some milk, mostly 2% and usually the Safeway brand that has no rbGH. I know it isnt organic, but at least it is missing part of the bad stuff. We give the kids 100% organic though. It's expensive, but it's worth it, IMO."

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As his spokesperson, I will respond;

"I drink some milk, mostly 2% and usually the Safeway brand that has no rbGH. I know it isnt organic, but at least it is missing part of the bad stuff. We give the kids 100% organic though. It's expensive, but it's worth it, IMO."

the reason I ask is because our bodies are not designed to process lactose (once we are weaned) either. By Donald's anti-fructose logic, he should be boycotted all dairy, as well.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the reason I ask is because our bodies are not designed to process lactose (once we are weaned) either. By Donald's anti-fructose logic, he should be boycotted all dairy, as well.

You must be registered for see images

"Please move along. Donald's press conference is over"

;)

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have read, and semi-agree with the lactose argument.

However, it does not do the same thing as HFCS does in the liver, nor is it in every single thing we eat. I know and am FULLY aware of the amount of dairy I ingest. I am not, however, of HFCS, even though I try to pay attention.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets not over-exaggerate here Donald. That's quite an over statement.

Not really. Start reading labels, my man. HFCS is probably all over those donuts you pound down while pretending to watch hookers on the beat. :p

(ok, not every single thing, but damn near)

Oh, and the mexico coca cola is WAY better than the US coca cola. Reason..they use sugar. You can taste it. Also, they use it because it is incredibly cheaper to use sugar outside of america because the sugar lobby has made it god awful expensive here in the states. Our government at work, for us...per usual.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets not over-exaggerate here Donald. That's quite an over statement.

Wait, I was actually talking about dairy there. So no, lactose is NOT in every single thing we eat. So SUCK IT, SHANE! Hahah! I win!

:iwin:

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Donald, stop fighting. In this argument like most political ones, Americans dont want to hear the bad news. Bury your heads in the corn syrup people!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. Start reading labels, my man. HFCS is probably all over those donuts you pound down while pretending to watch hookers on the beat. :p

(ok, not every single thing, but damn near)

Oh, and the mexico coca cola is WAY better than the US coca cola. Reason..they use sugar. You can taste it. Also, they use it because it is incredibly cheaper to use sugar outside of america because the sugar lobby has made it god awful expensive here in the states. Our government at work, for us...per usual.

I do buy the bottles at Costco that come from Mexico. But mainly because my kid loves them. I personally like them too. But I have finally come to the conclusion that US Coke just tastes better.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do buy the bottles at Costco that come from Mexico. But mainly because my kid loves them. I personally like them too. But I have finally come to the conclusion that US Coke just tastes better.
OMG, your own kid loves it. How can you be such a jerk face!!!!!????

Only kidding. :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, I was actually talking about dairy there. So no, lactose is NOT in every single thing we eat. So SUCK IT, SHANE! Hahah! I win!

:iwin:

Here is your quote:

"I have read, and semi-agree with the lactose argument.

However, it does not do the same thing as HFCS does in the liver, nor is it in every single thing we eat. I know and am FULLY aware of the amount of dairy I ingest. I am not, however, of HFCS, even though I try to pay attention."

You stated that nor is it(lactose) in everything we eat implying that HFCS is.

SO SUCK IT DONALD! HAHAHAHA! I freaking win! :head2head:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is your quote "I have read, and semi-agree with the lactose argument.

However, it does not do the same thing as HFCS does in the liver, nor is it in every single thing we eat. I know and am FULLY aware of the amount of dairy I ingest. I am not, however, of HFCS, even though I try to pay attention."

SO SUCK IT DONALD! HAHAHAHA! I freaking win a nice Diabetes!!!! :head2head:
:mulli:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donald, stop fighting. In this argument like most political ones, Americans dont want to hear the bad news. Bury your heads in the corn syrup people!

Come on now schut there is nothing wrong with Corn Syrup. Its the High Fructose kind there is a problem with :)

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is your quote:

"I have read, and semi-agree with the lactose argument.

SO SUCK IT DONALD! HAHAHAHA! I freaking win! :head2head:

You have to guess at what I was implying to get your win, while you even stated what I stated exactly...that lactose is not in everything we eat. So muuauaahahahahahahaa :iwin:

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hmm, I don't think you are drinking your coke.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Headed over to Wal-mart for a couple of things, one of them being jelly for my English muffins. I counted about 30 varieties/flavors of jellies and jams and every single one contained HFCS as the second ingredient. In fact, some contained HFCS #2 and CORN SYRUP #3.

I guess I will use honey.

:thud:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checked and both my bottles are 100% natural honey. One is from Safeway.

Oh, you mean the kind that can kill infants with botulism? ;)

"Sure, my baby died, but it was 100% natural honey that did it, not that HFCS at the age of 70!"

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, you mean the kind that can kill infants with botulism? ;)

"Sure, my baby died, but it was 100% natural honey that did it, not that HFCS at the age of 70!"

Ha ha. Thankfully I read the label. ;)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got one of those $5 Fill Up boxes from KFC for lunch yesterday, and got a honey packet to go with my biscuit. I notice it reads "Honey Sauce" on it, not "Honey". I check it out...first ingredient: HFCS. Followed by Sugar, Honey, Corn Syrup, Natural Flavor, Caramel Color.

11% real honey. I really don't care too much about HFCS, but that's a little gross, even for me.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yeah - real honey has gone away a while ago ...... way too expensive to just hand out in little packets

you want to look at something fun as well, check out the papa johns crushed red pepper packets

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson