Reasons to not panic;

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think there are two camps right now for the most part; the 'wait and see-ers' and the 'they are doing this all wrong' and both sides have a valid stance. I am leaning to the 'wait and see' (probably because I am sucker diehard fan who wants to be optimistic no matter the percentages) but I also think the reality is we have no idea how bad Keim has messed this franchise up behind the closed doors of the Cardinal facilities and his job, to simply missing in action

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there are two camps right now for the most part; the 'wait and see-ers' and the 'they are doing this all wrong' and both sides have a valid stance. I am leaning to the 'wait and see' (probably because I am sucker diehard fan who wants to be optimistic no matter the percentages) but I also think the reality is we have no idea how bad Keim has messed this franchise up behind the closed doors of the Cardinal facilities and his job, to simply missing in action
I have an idea how Keim screwed up this team.
1. Virtually nothing on the d-line
2. Virtually nothing at cb
3. Virtually nothing at running back
4. A room full of Smurfs at wr.
5. Contracts that have tied our hands.
6. A decimated o- line

Enough? And yet there are some that think adding one or two mediocre free agents would turn this team around.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
6. A decimated o- line

Enough? And yet there are some that think adding one or two mediocre free agents would turn this team around.
My point is that it goes past just the state of the roster but the overall professionalism and behavior he imparted to all facets of the organization which Monti and Sears are trying to rectify now

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
6. A decimated o- line

You have to start somewhere. We can’t add 14 quality NFL starts in one offseason. In my view, filling two holes is better than creating two holes.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Where? All I've seen is a bunch of criticizing of others for not seeing the "way" they are going. It's pretty much the front office & coaches don't have a clue on how to do their jobs from what I gather. At least point me to your post explaining what you think is happening & the teams plan.
He has. Many times. You don't agree so you're pretending he's (and others) are just being hysterical. Classically awful arguing technique.

Stout

Reaction score
You have to start somewhere. We can’t add 14 quality NFL starts in one offseason. In my view, filling two holes is better than creating two holes.
Bingo. Retaining two young guns and signing two mid-level young FAs to decent long-term contracts would put us on par to compete in 2024. Doing neither puts us 4 quality young starters behind and makes a 2024 winning season a pipe dream.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bingo. Retaining two young guns and signing two mid-level young FAs to decent long-term contracts would put us on par to compete in 2024. Doing neither puts us 4 quality young starters behind and makes a 2024 winning season a pipe dream.
Ha. You think that’s all it’s going to take to compete in 2024? Okay.

Stout

Reaction score
Ha. You think that’s all it’s going to take to compete in 2024? Okay.
Well, that and drafting well, yes. Right now, we're 4 players short of even that. So, since you're good with the trajectory we're on, you're agreeing our plan will not lead us to competing in 2024? Good to know.

Reactions: PJ1

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that and drafting well, yes. Right now, we're 4 players short of even that. So, since you're good with the trajectory we're on, you're agreeing our plan will not lead us to competing in 2024? Good to know.
If EVERTHING fell into place we could be a pesky and fun team to watch in 2024. Watching this team in 2022 was like getting your fingernails pulled out one by one. Even sadder then that is knowing by game 4 2023 was going to be worse.
Watching a team in a downward spiral is much worse than going through a rebuild.
This is going to be a terrible year. I’m hoping we just see some progress.

Stout

Reaction score
If EVERTHING fell into place we could be a pesky and fun team to watch in 2024. Watching this team in 2022 was like getting your fingernails pulled out one by one. Even sadder then that is knowing by game 4 2023 was going to be worse.
Watching a team in a downward spiral is much worse than going through a rebuild.
This is going to be a terrible year. I’m hoping we just see some progress.
Okay. If you're whole point is you're expecting us to compete in 2025 and no earlier, I can see your point. I don't agree that this should be our target, but I see it. Other folks are saying the plan we're following will get us to competing in 2024, which is a laugh.

Reactions: PJ1

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. If you're whole point is you're expecting us to compete in 2025 and no earlier, I can see your point. I don't agree that this should be our target, but I see it. Other folks are saying the plan we're following will get us to competing in 2024, which is a laugh.
Cool. We will not compete barring a friggin miracle in 2024. But that doesn’t mean 4-13 again. Even a team that’s a little under .500 for most of the year is an improvement and actually keeps you in the hunt for a little while.
So much of that depends on Kyler and his improvement.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For the wait and see crowd, why make comments about anything at this point? If you think it's not worthy of discussion or that people shouldn't have any opinions at this point, then why are you here?
I'm in the wait & see mode, I'm also gonna make comments & there's plenty of things worthy of discussion. People should have opinions either way. We're Cardinals fans & that's the reason everyone should be here.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Not uncommon for a new GM to burn it to the ground and then try to build it back up. That was they can say look at me I did it my way and was successful.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get that but did you actually watch Simmons in college? Now think about his DC with the Cardinals? I rest my case lol.
I did watch him and yes he was excellent in college but that doesn’t automatically mean he will be great in the NFL. Yes Vance was an issue but how often do we see Simmons out of position on plays of his own volition and not seemingly from scheme? Too often. Simmons in the NFL is a JAG.

How often was the defense playing really well (as well as they could have) even when undermanned and then ran out of gas due to a weakass offense? I seem to recall that happening a good amount of the time. Vance get any credit for that?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I did watch him and yes he was excellent in college but that doesn’t automatically mean he will be great in the NFL. Yes Vance was an issue but how often do we see Simmons out of position on plays of his own volition and not seemingly from scheme? Too often. Simmons in the NFL is a JAG.

How often was the defense playing really well (as well as they could have) even when undermanned and then ran out of gas due to a weakass offense? I seem to recall that happening a good amount of the time. Vance get any credit for that?
I get what you're saying but I watched almost all of the Clemson games & this kid has all the talent in the world. We could go back & forth about it all day long lol. I'm looking forward to seeing Simmons play for a good DC.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I get what you're saying but I watched almost all of the Clemson games & this kid has all the talent in the world. We could go back & forth about it all day long lol. I'm looking forward to seeing Simmons play for a good DC.
This is also Rondale Moore’s biggest fan so YMMV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr