Ravens at Cardinals PS 2 gameday thread 8-21-22

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just want to point this out. Neither Nick Vigil or Tanner Vallejo have played a single pre-season snap along with Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson, and Isaiah Simmons. Not sure how it works with all of them on the field at the same time, but that things are looking like.

I kind of thought Vigil would end up starting when we signed him.

It does look like maybe we're going to end up moving Collins outside eventually he just doesn't seem like he's taking to ILB.

That sucks but I do like that we were at least smart enough to recognize it and get Vigil.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eno does nothing for me…

he actually had one really good run and I think he got 2 yards on it but there were guys all over him and he made the first guy miss and then dragged the defender.

But yeah so far not impressed but the run blocking was awful

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Preseason is worthless, this is BS. There really should only be 1 preseason game and the starters should play a couple of series at least. To expect people to spend time and $ on this is a joke. I was annoyed that i even made plans at home to watch. Putting on a scrimmage of 3rd and 4th stringers.... stupid. Mahomes can play and get ready but Kyler cannot? More enabling by management...
I see the "get rid of preseason" bandwagon, which I jumped on at least a decade ago, is gaining steam.

These games are scrimmages. Like Charles Barkley once said, "Preseason is just a way to screw fans out of their money."

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think pre season still offers some value to the coaching staff. I would imagine every year you have some players who are neck and neck in practice and the deciding factor could be how they perform under fire. What they should do is let fans in for free. They will still pick up some coin with merchandise and food sales.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Huntley was impressive. Plenty of times we got good pressure but he either evaded or just got rid of the ball too fast. Watching the amount of time it took the offenses to get the pass off, the difference was stark.

Lucetis had a real tough time with #99. Understandable I guess. That guy was massive.

Waited for McBride to get a catch. His blocking looked pretty good though

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is the stuff you actually look for in preseason: how individual players who will actually play look.

Jones played well as did Smith on the OL. The guards were bad, but those guys aren't making the team.

I'd love to find a way for Luketa to make the roster too.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Game aside, I do NOT like the new helmets on field. Loved them when they're being shown on a podium, but in-game action? It looks like a red blob on the helmet, and stylistically we look too much like the Falcons. I'm glad these won't get more than just a few game's usage.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game aside, I do NOT like the new helmets on field. Loved them when they're being shown on a podium, but in-game action? It looks like a red blob on the helmet, and stylistically we look too much like the Falcons. I'm glad these won't get more than just a few game's usage.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It actually made me MISS our regular helmet! At least we have some identity with the white and the black contrast. These black ones would probably look better with the color rush uni's. Still an ultimate fail though IMO. Let's just get new GOOD unis next year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Can’t see it I.n Person either or on a massive HD screen in stadium

Me too. I really liked it as the game was going but after a bit, I wanted to see them on the red unis.

Maybe they will look better with the color rush version of our jersey but in the end...... I think I will like them.... but not love them.

And the red flecks were invisible. I have a great tv and great picture resolution on my Sony master series and never saw them. Even on the up close shots in the huddle I didn't see them.