Ravens at Cardinals PS 2 gameday thread 8-21-22

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I hope they put the black helmets is storage and never bring them out again.
Bolden goes to the PS unless someone else picks him up.
Dortch should be one of the 53.
Collins still is unimpressive.
Dimukeje looked more ordinary last night. His only tackle last night, he came in clean, untouched.
The secondary is a hot mess.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The wide open catch was on Zaven, no?
in fairness to Zaven-- he was the only guy over on that side of the field, so the choice was let the QB run for the first down or come off his man to stop the run

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And something about the color of the Cardinal on that black gets totally washed out by the lights on TV so it just kinda looked like a black helmet with a little indistinguishable red on it.
It's actually the sparkles you do not see which are causing the dimensional shading of the crest to flow into the black more than if it was just the altered logo, since the red is not going into a straight black

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Maybe PS and cut McSorley?
No way am I going with Guarantano Bay over McSorley. Guarantano does not see the field quick enough yet holding the ball too long and too many throws into the turf while not having the productive scrambling ability of McSorley. Put Guarantano on the PS and let him learn the offense and acclimate himself to the NFL

Reactions: PJ1

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THey said very late in the game we only had 6 OL's dressed for the game so no wonder the OL was so bad, we were playing lots of backups and they had almost no rest.

You can't run when there are unblocked guys in the backfield that often.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Couple of first impressions from the game:
1. Didn't like the uni look.
2. W/O Hernandez and Hayes at OG, our running game suffered.
3. Of our three smurf WR's, this is my take:
a. Isabella, I'm rooting for him, but rank him #3.
b. Bolden had a bad drop of what should have been a TD pass. But, there is no denying his speed and quickness.
c. Dortch is probably the safest pick of the three, but I think Bolden's upside is higher, even if I don't know enough about his 'hands'.
4. Assuming, Murphy and Hamilton are 1-2, I believe that Jackson had a bad game and is now behind Wilson and Matthew. I am POSITIVE that the team will add a CB, who will become our #2 or 3.
5. Did Wiggins play himself off the team?
6. Just a guess on my part, but I like Ringo and Ledbetter on the DL.
7. Gardeck and Dmukeje offer hope.

Bottom line-Game showed how important the QB position is. JMO.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Playing only third and fourth stringers really sucked. I was hoping the second string would have all played for a half. On offense Isabella was the best out there followed by Dorch.

On defense Ledbetter did pretty good making a couple tackles but no pass rush and horrible coverage made the game harder to watch.

I guess having a game to watch is better than not. Since this is my first game since moving to Arizona two weeks ago I was still very excited and I got autographs from Jay Feely and Ray Perkins. Both were very friendly. Loved the seats and looking forward to real games.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
THey said very late in the game we only had 6 OL's dressed for the game so no wonder the OL was so bad, we were playing lots of backups and they had almost no rest.

You can't run when there are unblocked guys in the backfield that often.
Which was pretty interesting. Thought Jones, Smith and Miles held their own which was good. Guard play was pretty bad. I would have liked to see more of Hayes but oh well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Which was pretty interesting. Thought Jones, Smith and Miles held their own which was good. Guard play was pretty bad. I would have liked to see more of Hayes but oh well.
I keyed in on Jones quite a bit and he mostly did a really good job. He reaches a bit in pass pro though, but he tries to keep his hands moving.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
b. Bolden had a bad drop of what should have been a TD pass. But, there is no denying his speed and quickness.
c. Dortch is probably the safest pick of the three, but I think Bolden's upside is higher, even if I don't know enough about his 'hands'.
4. Assuming, Murphy and Hamilton are 1-2, I believe that Jackson had a bad game and is now behind Wilson and Matthew. I am POSITIVE that the team will add a CB, who will become our #2 or 3.

Good news is that the players who mostly needed to look good, looked good.

1 - Interested to see how long the Cam Thomas EDGE experiment lasts. He doesn't offer much outside at this point. Felt like he was a candidate to get bigger and play DE when we drafted him. So far that looks like the only place he can stick.

2 - I feel like Collins is gonna get a new position next year ala Isaiah Simmons. He didn't look bad but IMO he also does not look natural inside.

3 - Defensive backfield did not have a good game.

4 - Between Golden, Kennard, Gardeck, Dimukeje, Sanders and Collins (I think he will get some snaps outside) our EDGE group should be able to stay fresh. Vance using a rotation to do so is the question.

5 - Looking at the CB room, won't shock me if we see Simmons at S and Jalen at CB in dime packages. Seems like that would get the best players on the field.

6 - Offensively, we will go as far as our OL will take us IMO. I have liked the reps that Jones and Miles have gotten.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The helmets flat out suck… the red flecks are pointless under the light in the stadium and on a 100 foot long High def screen they still can’t be seen.

The helmets looked good on television but there were a lot of close-ups. The Cardinals FO may have to choose... television or the fans at the stadium.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The drop was bad but I did like that Bolden got open there it was a complete improv play and he got WIDE open. No idea if his hands are good or not but to get that open was nice to see.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I looked fwd to this game to confirm that the defense played competantly and holes could be filled at CB.

I think we’ll be OK at WR depth-wise and talent-wise, but hoped to see us win more one on one battles and am terrifiied by our pass coverage. Wooten’s sack was the only defensive bright spot I recall.

I’ve been a Cardinal-rooter too long to hang my hat on predictions. But do not approach this season with breezy confidence.

Fasten your seat belts but don’t forget to fill ‘er up.

Last edited:

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I looked fwd to this game to confirm that the defense played competantly and holes could be filled at CB.

I think we’ll be OK at WR depth-wise and talent-wise, but hoped to see us win more one on one battles and am terrifiied by our pass coverage. Wooten’s sack was the only defensive bright spot I recall.

I’ve been a Cardinal-rooter too long to hang my hat on predictions. But do not approach this season with breezy confidence.

Fasten your seat belts but don’t forget to fill ‘er up.
I didnt take anything from these preseason games other than the only players who arent going to be on the practice squad, selling insurance, or flipping burgers in about a week are Prater, Collins, and Dortch. Wake me up when the ones and twos start playing again.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they put the black helmets is storage and never bring them out again.
Bolden goes to the PS unless someone else picks him up.
Dortch should be one of the 53.
Collins still is unimpressive.
Dimukeje looked more ordinary last night. His only tackle last night, he came in clean, untouched.
The secondary is a hot mess.
I agree about the helmets. They blow. Different isn’t always better. We look like the Atlanta Cardinals.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Liked the helmets but would have liked them with the red unis instead of the black. As far as the game, it was hard to watch but that's preseason football. They should go to 1 or 2 preseason games at the most IMO. I'd be all for doing away with them all together but it's not my money :cool:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only take I had from that game is a guy like Huntley proves if you can read a defense, know the offense and know what to do and where to go you can look remarkably good against 2nd and 3rd string defenses. They kept saying he's a starter I'm not saying he sucks but it shows you the difference between a competent NFL QB and young guys like Trace that don't necessarily know what they're doing.

Huntley would take the snap and know immediately where to go, very few times did he have to improvise but when he did, he knew where everyone was.

You wonder what a guy like say Tom Brady would do in a game like that, 300 yards passing in one half?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The helmets flat out suck… the red flecks are pointless under the light in the stadium and on a 100 foot long High def screen they still can’t be seen.
They don’t suck, I like the black, I like the metallic cardinal, I like the fade on the logo. But the red flecks are meaningless as you just can’t see them.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just want to point this out. Neither Nick Vigil or Tanner Vallejo have played a single pre-season snap along with Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson, and Isaiah Simmons. Not sure how it works with all of them on the field at the same time, but that things are looking like.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson