Raptors @ Suns

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think tonight's game will show us what our beloved Suns are made of. They played like crap last night, lost a very important game. They can either, lose to a bad team, or they can rise to the occasion and unleash their wrath upon the unfortunate Raptors.

I am not going to make any predictions tonight, but I will say that tonight's game will show us a lot about our team's heart.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I agree unfortunaly I will not be able to watch the game, but I will try to listen on my way home.

Go Suns we need this win.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Big Jake looked pretty good last night for someone who had been off for so long. Lets hope they continue to get him involved his size can be a factor on both ends of the court.

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not a big guy for predictions, but (and not to toot my own horn or anything) since I was dead on about my prediction about the second half of the Rockets game when I said the Suns would certainly get it down to 10-12 points pretty quickly, I'll make one for tonight.

I think the Suns will win tonight. The Suns have struggled against teams with below .500 winning percentages, but mostly their struggles have been on the road. Up until when Penny went out, the Suns were one of the best home teams in the league, with only 3 losses at America West. In my mind, the Raptors are a little bit scary, because Vince Carter has had a subpar season. That means that, while consistently they are a mediocre team, on any given night they have a guy who can go for 40+ points and turn them into the team they were a few years ago when they were a fadeaway jumpshot away from going to the Eastern Conference Finals. On most nights this, Vince has been only slightly above average at the guard position, but like the Houston Rockets, he can get into a flow, and bad knee or not, it's over once that happens. That being said, I stick by my prediction and say the Suns will win this game. I'm not going to say by how many points, but a win is a win, and in our current position, that's all that matters.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirChaz
Big Jake looked pretty good last night for someone who had been off for so long. Lets hope they continue to get him involved his size can be a factor on both ends of the court.

I hope so also. I couldn't believe how well he played and how many minutes he played since it was his first came back.

Joe Mama

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Maybe his limited minutes at the begining of the season was do to his back not Frank. To bad Voskel didn't get more time last night.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
well since that basically put us 2 games out on the 8 spot, I'm actually rooting for them to lose I don't want the 9th seed I would just assume they get in or fall badly. However I do think that we will win tonight, The raptors lost last night also on the road. I say the suns by 5!!!:mad:

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirChaz

He looks good tonight too. Looks like his hands are a lot better than before.

Hopfully FJ will continue to use him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Jake Voskuhl has 5 offensive rebounds and zero fouls in 8 first-half minutes.

This means he will not play in the second half.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wally
Was that a foul on Hardaway or not???? :mad:

No, no, no it's perfectly legal for the defender to wrap his arms around a guy going to the basket as long as the guy makes the basket. What about the one on Amare Stoudemire earlier?

Bo Outlaw is constantly out of position on defense. He's great at scrambling around in the open court, but otherwise I don't like him. He should be getting called for defensive three second violations almost every time down the floor also.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Phoenix Suns are not shooting especially well, and the Raptors are hitting everything they are throwing towards the basket. It doesn't help that they are playing 5 on 8 basketball.

Where did the three-point shooting go?

Joe Mama

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Why must they wait untill late in the second half to wake up on defense?

Here we go again, living on the edge. We all know the Suns are better than this, They are much too inconsistent.

Watch McCoy he is traveling evey time on the post up.

OP
OP
SirStefan32

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Who the heck are these guys anyways- McCoy, Lennard, Alston?

I don't get it- how can you not blow out Toronto Raptors?

The problem I've been seeing all year long is that the Suns go only as far as Stephon carries them. When Steph is off, the Suns look like a WNBA team. Hardaway, Johnson and Marion are playing well tonight, so they might pull this one out.

OP
OP
SirStefan32

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I guess Marbury finally realized he has to win this game for the Suns. Also, how about Penny tonight?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The last 2 games have seen Penny playing as well as I remember seeing him since we acquired him so many years ago. Imagine how he'd be if he wasn't so tentative!

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Penny has been great. He has been doing a great job all season. He is always playing under control. Efficient describes Pennny's game this season.

At least we have a lead in the fourth tonight.:)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. Now the referees are helping us. I can't believe some of the stuff the Phoenix Suns have gotten away with here in this fourth quarter. It's too bad they can't make their free throws.

Joe Mama

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
OK. Now the referees are helping us. I can't believe some of the stuff the Phoenix Suns have gotten away with here in this fourth quarter. It's too bad they can't make their free throws.

Joe Mama

We need to add a free throw coach. It's nice to get a few breaks.
:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson