Raptors @ Suns

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Shawn's shot selection the last two times down has been atrocious!

He was wide-open on the for shot, but that second shot was terrible. He shot the ball from a strange angle on the baseline.

On the other end of the court Bo Outlaw didn't give any help on Leonard. Usually you can't get him to stay with his man defensively, and on that possession he wouldn't believe Jerome Williams.

If the Phoenix Suns lose they can really blame it on poor free throw shooting though.

Joe Mama

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Do you think there's anyone left in the NBA that doesn't know what play the Suns run with a few seconds left? Marbury way out high, tries to get right for his floater off the glass. It has been the Suns' last play of regulation at least half a dozen times this season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
He was wide-open on the for shot, but that second shot was terrible. He shot the ball from a strange angle on the baseline.

My thing is that he may have been wide open, but there is no reason to take a 3 pointer, when a 2 would have put us up by 4 points.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
A win is a win - We were damn lucky on this one.:D
Free throw shooting practice starts at 8 am.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I seriously wonder whether it occurs to the coaching staff that they should try to come up with plays that the other team isn't expecting.

It's just like under Skiles, with the Stupid First Play to Robinson. Why did it never work? Well, for openers, because it was a stupid play. But also, I think it was because every Suns opponent knew what the Suns were going to do, so that made the play particularly easy to defend.

Hasn't anyone figured out that the same is true for Marbury's drive at the end of the game? Isn't there a reason that he doesn't get a good look from that anymore? Sure, at other times in the game, he does fine with it, because not everyone in the building knows what he's going to do and when he's going to do it. During the closing seconds, however, there's no point Johnson calling a huddle. He might as well just call out, "Same play as always, Steph!"

OP
OP
SirStefan32

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It is a very good play, Steph hit five or six game winners running that play, but the teams know that he is going to do it now. I really hope they come up with another last play.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
According to the article by Bob Young this morning, that WASN'T the play they were running, but it broke down, and Steph automatically compensated by running the standard runner play.

OP
OP
SirStefan32

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Bob Young is a very credible writer, so I guess I believe it.
I liked that play they ran a couple of times last year, when Steh drives to the basket, while Penny cuts from the week side right behind Steph.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I seem to remember a different play once. I think it was in Toronto...They faked getting the ball to Steph up top, instead they went to Marion (or someone) who passed to steph going back door down the lane. A great play but Steph blew the lay up.
Thats the last time I saw that play????
Maybe he needs that defense on him.;)

Stefan...Dude, you are freaking me out.
I had this nice comfortable image of Steven Hyde posting. Now your Hannibal Lechter......creepy.:D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson