Rams-24 Cards-22: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess I didn't know it was an argument, or a win loss thing. Are you always this competitive? And to answer your question, I don't have a problem with the play calling as both time we had receivers wide open. It's the execution of the plays I have a problem with with.
It's what debates are. Just a fancy word for argument. We're debating and yes I'm always competitive. I don't like to lose which means I've suffered a lot with this franchise.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
31-19
48-23
47-7

All 3 are inferior teams(although the Saints still have a potent offense), Cards stomped all 3 so so far they fit your criteria. If we beat Pittsburgh or Baltimore, would we qualify as an elite team?

Well continuing to beat up on inferior teams would meet ONE of my criteria sure. Which was my point. They should be taking care of business until we meet up with the Bengals.

However, did you look at the combined record of the next 5? Beating up on those teams would not make us elite unless some of those team pull off some win streaks and look like word beaters. That's also assuming we beat them as well. However, now? No.

Nobody I know is making the argument the Cards can't be elite and occasionally drop a game they should win. It's the NFL and elite teams lose. Just making the point you have to take several factors into calling a team elite. How often do they lose to inferior teams, what was the record of the teams they have beaten and have they beaten any other elite teams.

Calling this team elite now is way premature IMO.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well continuing to beat up on inferior teams would meet ONE of my criteria sure. Which was my point. They should be taking care of business until we meet up with the Bengals.

However, did you look at the combined record of the next 5? Beating up on those teams would not make us elite unless some of those team pull off some win streaks and look like word beaters. That's also assuming we beat them as well. However, now? No.

Nobody I know is making the argument the Cards can't be elite and occasionally drop a game they should win. It's the NFL and elite teams lose. Just making the point you have to take several factors into calling a team elite. How often do they lose to inferior teams, what was the record of the teams they have beaten and have they beaten any other elite teams.

Calling this team elite now is way premature IMO.

Agreed.

Anyone want to bet that the Packers beat the Rams by at least 10 this week? Wouldn't surprise me at all if that game was a complete ass-kicking.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed.

Anyone want to bet that the Packers beat the Rams by at least 10 this week? Wouldn't surprise me at all if that game was a complete ass-kicking.

OK, the scheduling Gods are horsecrap here. Why are the other 3 teams in this division playing the Pack in the first 5 weeks including the Seahawks getting them in GB in September but we're being forced to play them in December in GB when it's guaranteed to be ass crack cold and snowing?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OK, the scheduling Gods are horsecrap here. Why are the other 3 teams in this division playing the Pack in the first 5 weeks including the Seahawks getting them in GB in September but we're being forced to play them in December in GB when it's guaranteed to be ass crack cold and snowing?
It's a conspiracy, I'm sure. The conspiracy thread is that way (pointing). Take a left past the luminati did 9/11 thread, hang a right after the Kim Davis rally in Peru, and keep going until you hit Oprah baby. You go.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dude... we're playing the Packers IN ARIZONA.

the scheduling gods are anything but horsecrap when they give us 3 of our first 4 games at home to get off to a strong start and give us the Packers/Bengals/Ravens (who were a play away from the AFC Title game last year) all at home.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude, you're messing up a good thread here by introducing facts.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

the scheduling gods are anything but horsecrap when they give us 3 of our first 4 games at home to get off to a strong start and give us the Packers/Bengals/Ravens (who were a play away from the AFC Title game last year) all at home.

Dude, you're messing up a good thread here by introducing facts.

Ok I'm done reading this dude stuff. On one hand he says he can take a loss, and then 5 minutes later he says I hate to lose. It's just like the game day threads, he adds nothing for me so its off to ignore land.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Agreed.

Easily could happen but that's irrelevant to the Cardinals/rams game or what would happen when the Cards/Pack play.

Ohio State struggled to beat Indiana last week, only winning by 7. If Michigan or MSU goes into Indiana and blows them out, it doesn't make them a better team than OSU.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easily could happen but that's irrelevant to the Cardinals/rams game or what would happen when the Cards/Pack play.

Ohio State struggled to beat Indiana last week, only winning by 7. If Michigan or MSU goes into Indiana and blows them out, it doesn't make them a better team than OSU.

You missed my point. It's about knowing GB will take care of business at home against a mediocre opponent, because that's what they do habitually do and where we failed trying to do the same thing. It's also more about how mediocre I think the Rams are, especially on the road.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is what happens when I look at schedules without my glasses on. Thanks for the clarification. However, truth be told it might be snowing in GB. :D

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok I'm done reading this dude stuff. On one hand he says he can take a loss, and then 5 minutes later he says I hate to lose. It's just like the game day threads, he adds nothing for me so its off to ignore land.

Soooo, being able to take a loss automatically means I can't hate to lose? Makes sense coming from you. Don't know about you but it's OK to hate to lose but be able to accept a loss only so far as it's rare anyone goes undefeated. But go ahead and put me on ignore. You're really not that important to me.

Reaction score
Soooo, being able to take a loss automatically means I can't hate to lose? Makes sense coming from you. Don't know about you but it's OK to hate to lose but be able to accept a loss only so far as it's rare anyone goes undefeated. But go ahead and put me on ignore. You're really not that important to me.

Some things never change...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm surprised Powers hasn't been mentioned more than a couple of times in this thread. I just re watched the game (took me until Thursday to be able to stomach it) and Powers got absolutely torched all day long on Sunday. It wasn't just the TD's his men scored but it was drive after drive they just picked on him all day. Whomever Powers was covering, Foles went there like 60% of the time. It was a really, really bad day for him and it was the first moment this season where we could clearly see how much we miss Cromartie.

Not saying Powers cant play, but he is going to have to come back from that disaster because I guarantee you, as well as PP is playing, Stafford is going to test Powers early and often.

Pay close attention and lets see how he bounces back from that.