Rambo: Last Blood

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I really wanted to see the last one because it was purported to be a really serious and non-cheesy Rambo, much like the first one, and because many people were saying it would be the series capper. It also very much had the feel of finality to it for me. I think this one has the feel of a money grubber, because of the success of the last one. No thanks for me.
I don’t think it’s money (maybe not solely money) as it is sly grasping for a fading spotlight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
the Rambo: First Blood Part 2 score was actually written by Jerry Goldsmith who wrote the original score. It was just more... uh... actionized (for lack of a better term) up from the original score "It's A Long Road" from First Blood. You can listen to the two here:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

and Goldsmith's score from Rambo 3 (which was pretty awful except for the incredible exchange of Who Are You? I'M YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!)

To not use ANY version of those scores or at least an updated one just seems stupid to me... if you hadn't noticed by now. :)

Man... I miss Jerry Goldsmith scores. Total Recall, Gremlins, Poltergeist, Hoosiers, Rambo are some of my favorites ever and all so completely different.
Okay I gave those a listen. And I’m sorry to say that as a HUGE First Blood fan who has seen every Rambo multiple times (I grew up in a house with cheese as a video-obsessed little brother) I have zero recognition of the score. It stirs zero nostalgia. I won’t miss it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay I gave those a listen. And I’m sorry to say that as a HUGE First Blood fan who has seen every Rambo multiple times (I grew up in a house with cheese as a video-obsessed little brother) I have zero recognition of the score. It stirs zero nostalgia. I won’t miss it.

you're a moran.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rambo: Last Blood

Release date: September 20, 2019
Studio: Millennium Films
Director: Adrian Grunberg
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriters: Matt Cirulnick, Sylvester Stallone
Genre: Action

Starring: Sylvester Stallone, Paz Vega, Yvette Monreal, Sergio Peris-Mencheta

Plot Summary: The new film finds John Rambo coping with intense PTSD while living on a ranch in Arizona, trying to pick up casual work wherever he can. Soon his friend and estate manager Maria informs him that her granddaughter went missing after crossing into Mexico for a party, so John travels south of the border to find the youngster. The quest quickly turns into a violent descent into hell as Rambo uncovers a sex-trafficking ring, teaming up with a journalist whose half-sister has also been kidnapped. Rambo has to deploy all his skills to save the girls and bring down a vicious crime lord.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I'm gonna hurt ya real bad."

Now that's some damned fine dialogue..... :rolleyes:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Finally saw this last night and it was... underwhelming. And that's being generous. It's funny, I think just giving Stallone longer hair would have improved this, instead it just looked like a revenge story that happened to have Rambo's name slapped on it.

That said, the fears about the score are unfounded, the classic melody is heard throughout the film. Too bad the rest of the movie wasn't better. But if you like exploding bodies being ripped apart in graphic detail, maybe this one is for you.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched it over the Holiday - underwhelmed as well.

Basically Rambo does Taken, poorly.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This wasn't a good movie. Just watched it. Glad I didn't waste the money seeing it in the theaters. Hopefully, this is the last.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose