Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nelson and Miller Have Ambition
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
December 27, 2006

Willie Nelson and Larry Miller have joined the cast of Blonde Ambition, Nu Image/Millennium Films' loose remake of the 1988 film Working Girl, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Jessica Simpson is starring, with Scott Marshall directing.

The story follows a young woman (Simpson) who becomes the unwitting pawn of two ruthless business executives in their bid to usurp and replace the head of an international conglomerate. Nelson is playing Simpson's grandfather, and Miller is the CEO.

The casting reunites country legend Nelson with Simpson, with whom he worked on her feature debut, The Dukes of Hazzard. Miller, meanwhile, worked with Marshall on Keeping Up With the Steins.

Also cast in the film are Luke Wilson, Rachael Leigh Cook, Andy Dick and Penelope Ann Miller.

The script was written by Matt Flanagan, Dave McHugh, Jessica O'Toole and Amy Rardin.

The movie is shooting in New York and Shreveport, La. Sony Entertainment will release the film theatrically.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good lord. I guess next are remakes of Top Gun, Breakfast Club and Goonies.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Very quiet on the specialty front, but Jessica Simpson’s Blonde Ambition (First Look) remains an embarassment for Dallas Cowboy quarterback Tony Romo’s current “squeeze.” The film had a Per Theatre Average of just $62 on its 8 screens in Texas on Saturday. That equates to about 8 tickets sold at each location, and the movie will finish the weekend with $1,251 and a 3-day PTA of $227. That’s a disaster for the woman being called the “Yoko Ono of the Dallas Cowboys.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/

Last edited:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i just read that this is being abandoned in theaters and will have a DVD release in the next 30 days

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson