R I S E ___ U P ___ D A R K ___ S I D E (2023)

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever replied to one of these threads in 20+ years with you all. But my word it is Michael, isn't it? He alone made those inexplicable decisions last year to extend and overpay everyone, bowing down to Kliff/Kyler's agent who isn't exactly Jerry MaGuire. Now he has a team with a perception problem so deep no one wants to coach here. Like or dislike Kyler, his contract, performance, and perceived attitude are an albatross over this organization. I wonder if Bidwill is self-aware enough to truly course-correct, but last year's decision making was clearly beyond the pale and may hamper the team for a long time. Dan freaking Quinn rejected us. DeMeco Ryans didn't bother to interview here. Payton played us for more money from Denver, and our GM (which actually seems like a great guy and, I hope, a good hire) was our second choice. The drama has continued into the offseason, it did not leave for Thailand like we thought.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Count me as a current darksider.

The HC interview process has taken too long and a few of the candidates are definitely scaring me. I think the Cardinals are going to go with Aaron Glenn. :rolleyes:
Welcome, get comfy, you'll find it's much easier without any expectations lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm usually the first to berate the Bidwill family, but at this point in time, I'm hoping and praying that we wait until after the SB to pick our HC. We should be in no rush now. I laugh at those that think that it's because of Bidwill or Murray that we don't have a HC. Please.... Don't buy into that spin crap. Would love to see either of the Philly Coordinators added to the mix, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts hire the Philly OC soon. I'm sure that things look bleak right now, but I still remember how bad things looked before we hired a guy named Coryell back in the 70's. People ridiculed that hire far more than anyone we ever hired. But the old saying that winning cures everything is 100% true. Michael never promised a quick hire, in fact he said he was going to go wide and deep, which alluded to the fact it might take time.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
We have fallen back into the dark ages but thankfully it will get worse before it gets better, and the darker it gets the better. We need to hit rock bottom, if we continue to barely hover above it there will be no way to rise from it. Embrace the dark side my friends, but do so temporarily. Fill the team with young talent, promise, and start structuring the contracts so that they benefit us. I don't want to lose, I hate losing, if we somehow start winning in 2023 I'll be one happy camper but that ain't happening
Well, that should cheer us all up!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What are you talking about? You're the guy we give the big bucks to since you'll be on the sideline all season.
:biglaugh:

I'll be the PROTF (Pass Rusher of the Future)! Who needs Anderson? I once ran a sub-5.00 40! Granted, it was only once, and at the peak of my athleticism, and I'm old, broken, and going in for surgery, but I still got killer burst!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

I'll be the PROTF (Pass Rusher of the Future)! Who needs Anderson? I once ran a sub-5.00 40! Granted, it was only once, and at the peak of my athleticism, and I'm old, broken, and going in for surgery, but I still got killer burst!

In Stout We Trust.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, we suck at drafting. And when we don't suck we don't retain those players that did actually play well for us.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Bring on the dark side this year, I am normally not all doom and gloom. I don't normally get too upset when we don't sign some big name free agent but choosing not to sign the rare draftees that work out to a second contract rubs me the wrong way.

Everything is pointing to this team sucking BIG time this year and being even less fun to watch than last year (and that wasn't fun).

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm here. I have the smoke. I'm cheaper than Prater.

What an ungodly team we all root for friends.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose