R.I.P. Bill Bidwill (1931-2019)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If you get a chance watch the 3.5 minute tribute video made about him and narrated by Larry Fitz it’s pretty freaking awesome tribute!!!

It was pretty cool!

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
RIP Bill; only came today to say goodbye.

Wish the Big Red could have given you some of that World Champion ice cream!

Via Con Dios!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
RIP Bill Bidwill!! A great tribute by Fitz. I’ll always remember how proud he was to hold up the NFC Championship Trophy after beating the Eagles. A very good man indeed!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
RIP Sir..... It is always hard to lose someone close to you. I hope Michael is with his family today.

Let's go win one for Bill this Sunday. Going up against Mike Brown's Bengals seems fortuitous to me. His father Paul was also one of the old guard of the NFL.

RIP

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. RIP Bill Bidwill. I met him multiple times in St Louis and he was always willing to talk to a fan. Remember after a Jake Plummer win against the Rams in St Louis him telling me how hot it was in Arizona. Hated when they left St Louis but he wasn't getting a stadium from the politicians at that time.

Rottweiler

Reaction score
RIP Mr "B". Its easy to look at this man from only the lens of the success of the franchise.

But if you really look at his life, I find him quite remarkable.
Served our Military.
Moved his team to AZ
Transferred day to day to his son.
Served his and our community well and without expecting recognition.

much respect.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
RIP

That is very sad to hear. I always heard he was a very nice man.

Getting some icecream tonight out of respect.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was a very charitable man and cared a lot for the local communities. My condolences to the entire Bidwill family.

Fair winds and following seas, Sir.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Met Mr. B in 1998 at Cards training camp. He was a very kind and soft spoken man. He thanked me for coming to camp and supporting the Big Red.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Did anyone know he was on his death bed? Never hear anything about it. Shocked when I heard about it a few minutes ago.
I wrote a little about it here...

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/keim-bidwill-other-thoughts.323087/

Bill Sr's health decline has been pretty rapid last few years from what I gather and I don't think he has been seen publicly in awhile hence Michael's ascension. Regardless of what you thought of him as an owner, his philanthropic contributions to the community are to be held in the highest regard. And that has trickled down to the rest of the organization including so many players who have exceeded their responsibilities charitably off the field both during and after their playing days here. Guy had a vision of a future of Phoenix that not many folks had 30 years ago and for that all Arizonans owe him a debt of gratitude.

The question for us fans will be what happens next. He has five kids, some involved and some not. How his trust is written up will determine a lot of what direction the franchise moves in.

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
RIP to my owner. No matter what I thought of his practices and way that he ran the team, the relative lack of success that hung over the franchise, he owned MY team, and I always looked at him as that Grandfather that you may not have been that close with, but you still loved. A sad day in Cardinal land, and my sincere condolences to his entire family and those close to him.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Did anyone know he was on his death bed? Never hear anything about it. Shocked when I heard about it a few minutes ago.
I can tell you from talking to Nicole Bidwill over the last couple of years, he has had some health issues particularly this year and not doing well. God blessed him with 88 years on this planet, a great family & a life not many of us ever get to experience. A lot of people here & mostly in Stl don’t & will never like the man, but he gave his 3 communities more things valuable than football, his time & money.

I think the family will stay with the franchise, but weird things happen with a legacies passing. Let’s hope Michael & Nicole run this franchise, because it could be worse with different ownership

Last edited:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Thx, for the Cardinals, Mr. Bidwill. Forever grateful. Rest in peace. Our condolences to the Bidwill family.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose