R.I.P. Bill Bidwill (1931-2019)

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
One would assume everything was drawn up before Bill Sr lost any cognitive ability. And that there's no way any legal professional would allow any changes afterwards.

What I do know is this - assuming they haven't taken on any partners over the years the family just inherited around a $2.5 billion asset (minus taxes of course). That sort of money always get messy when you have 5 kids some of whom do not get along at all. Look no further than the Lakers.

It just depends how the trust is written up and how the company is split up amongst his kids. Also - all of them are in their fifties and sixties. You're telling me none of them at their ages assuming he split up the team five ways would like to keep making maybe a million or two in distributions per year instead of getting handed a check for $250 million?

There will be interesting times ahead for sure. There's also MB handling of the team. The NFL is good about spreading the wealth, but bad seasons will definitely hit the Bidwill family's pockets. How many more losing seasons do the siblings endure before either an attempted coup or forcing a sale?

If I’m in my 60’s, I’d take the lump sum everyday of the week before $2million a year. Assuming that I live to 95, I’m still well short of the lump sum.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
RIP. Very nice man, brought the Cards to Phoenix and very involved in charitable contributions for the community.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well the last cardinal championship was the year Charles passed away, 1947. Would Love to see them win one for Billy - put were intent on passing too much and rushing too little. End of era,

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asshats:
TODAY: Funeral services for late Arizona Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill | Arizona Cardinals | azfamily.com https://www.azfamily.com/sports/ari...cle_502ac9f8-e9c5-11e9-8d37-af5ad67e3e11.html

I tweeted about it; hopefully they fix soon.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Asshats:
TODAY: Funeral services for late Arizona Cardinals owner Bill Bidwill | Arizona Cardinals | azfamily.com https://www.azfamily.com/sports/ari...cle_502ac9f8-e9c5-11e9-8d37-af5ad67e3e11.html

I tweeted about it; hopefully they fix soon.

FOX 10 tweeted the same misspelling (and later fixed it):

You must be registered for see images attach

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hundreds from across the Cardinals, the NFL gather for Bill Bidwill funeral
The bow ties were as different as the people who wore them. Light pink and red, gingham and striped, decorating the dress shirts of men young and old. Others had small buttons with the initials "WVB" and the symmetrical triangles adorning their outfits. Bow ties all around, speckling the large crowd.

On Tuesday, hundreds from around Arizona and across the NFL gathered to celebrate the life of a man who tied them all together.

Bill Bidwill's funeral at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church brought together people from all areas of his life, which spanned 88 years and numerous chapters. The Cardinals team owner, William Vogel Bidwill, was born in Chicago in 1931 and was laid to rest Tuesday in Phoenix, after passing away the Wednesday prior.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...dinals-nfl-gather-bidwill-funeral/3909279002/