Quick Thought on the NFL Draft

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
With all of the issues that Keim has had drafting and developing players early over the past few years add in his drinking issues it will be interesting to see what he does if his team ends up with the first pick of the 2019 draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Separate issues... SK isnt ********* in the war room.....
And so far it looks like he is doing well with top ten picks

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
If Rosen didn't become available, I'm pretty sure the Cards would have drafted OL last draft in Rd. 1, probably the guy the Raiders took. I agree with Harry here, they still need to upgrade there the most, and teams aren't letting anyone who can play walk, at Tackle. DL & LB's can be had in FA. Only caveat would be if Oliver did indeed fall into their laps. Other then him, pass on DL, imo.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If Rosen didn't become available, I'm pretty sure the Cards would have drafted OL last draft in Rd. 1, probably the guy the Raiders took. I agree with Harry here, they still need to upgrade there the most, and teams aren't letting anyone who can play walk, at Tackle. DL & LB's can be had in FA. Only caveat would be if Oliver did indeed fall into their laps. Other then him, pass on DL, imo.

Devin White... MLB.... LSU

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Ehh I don’t think I would take a ILB top 3
not even the next Ray Lewis except with sterling character?

there are gonna be three MLB's in this draft I think... would be cool to get Oliver and then use 33 to trade back into the first and snag one of them... but Devin White is special

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would then. If he’s Patrick Willis, I wouldn’t hesitate at all.
this from walter football...note the scout comments...

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/LSU_logo.gif

You must be registered for see images attach
Devin White*, ILB, LSU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 236.
Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
Projected Round (2019): 1.
9/29/18: White made some huge plays to help LSU pull off a road upset at Auburn. He had eight tackles with one for a loss. White had a quality start to the season with eight tackles versus Miami. Through three games, he has 27 tackles with two for a loss and one forced fumble.

8/29/18: White had an excellent 2017 season, totaling 133 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, three passes broken up and one interception. White didn't get the attention of other SEC linebackers like Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans, first-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, but that could easily change this fall. Here is how one of the National scouts summarized White.

"This kid could end up being similar to Ray Lewis. I'd take White over any of the linebackers this year. He's unbelievable. Unless he gets hurt or completely shuts it down to protect himself, he'll be the first linebacker drafted next year. He's the complete package. Great character. He's the signal-caller of the defense with a super football IQ. He's big, study, and stout enough for Mike - middle linebacker; swift enough for Will - weakside linebacker -, great athlete and coverage instincts. Stacks up the stat boxes, all of them. He's fast, an explosive tackler, and [has] elite reactionary quickness.

"Right now, he's among the best, and maybe the best, I've scouted. Better athlete and versatility than [Dont'a] Hightower. More explosive, violent, and bigger than C.J. Mosley; same level of instincts. Better than Jerod Mayo at Tennessee. Bigger than Jonathan Vilma while being more violent and instinctive than D.J. Williams, same kind of freak athlete explosiveness-wise. [A] thumper like Sean Weatherspoon. Basically, he's a bigger version of Roquan Smith in the 240-250-pound range. He's FUN to watch. Unbelievable stamina and motor. He could be the best linebacker ever to come out of LSU."

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php#ixzz5T3tD78qr
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php#j11rzV25DtfWlzs1.99

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
this from walter football...note the scout comments...

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/LSU_logo.gif

You must be registered for see images attach
Devin White*, ILB, LSU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 236.
Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
Projected Round (2019): 1.
9/29/18: White made some huge plays to help LSU pull off a road upset at Auburn. He had eight tackles with one for a loss. White had a quality start to the season with eight tackles versus Miami. Through three games, he has 27 tackles with two for a loss and one forced fumble.

8/29/18: White had an excellent 2017 season, totaling 133 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, three passes broken up and one interception. White didn't get the attention of other SEC linebackers like Roquan Smith and Rashaan Evans, first-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, but that could easily change this fall. Here is how one of the National scouts summarized White.

"This kid could end up being similar to Ray Lewis. I'd take White over any of the linebackers this year. He's unbelievable. Unless he gets hurt or completely shuts it down to protect himself, he'll be the first linebacker drafted next year. He's the complete package. Great character. He's the signal-caller of the defense with a super football IQ. He's big, study, and stout enough for Mike - middle linebacker; swift enough for Will - weakside linebacker -, great athlete and coverage instincts. Stacks up the stat boxes, all of them. He's fast, an explosive tackler, and [has] elite reactionary quickness.

"Right now, he's among the best, and maybe the best, I've scouted. Better athlete and versatility than [Dont'a] Hightower. More explosive, violent, and bigger than C.J. Mosley; same level of instincts. Better than Jerod Mayo at Tennessee. Bigger than Jonathan Vilma while being more violent and instinctive than D.J. Williams, same kind of freak athlete explosiveness-wise. [A] thumper like Sean Weatherspoon. Basically, he's a bigger version of Roquan Smith in the 240-250-pound range. He's FUN to watch. Unbelievable stamina and motor. He could be the best linebacker ever to come out of LSU."

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php#ixzz5T3tD78qr
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php#j11rzV25DtfWlzs1.99
Sounds like a player I could get excited about no matter where we draft him.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sounds like a player I could get excited about no matter where we draft him.
dude is a baller...and a high character guy. If I had my dream scenario we would draft Oliver with #1, then trade #33 and next years 2 to move up to around 20 and get White

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
dude is a baller...and a high character guy. If I had my dream scenario we would draft Oliver with #1, then trade #33 and next years 2 to move up to around 20 and get White
If possible that would be a dream. I think he goes before 20.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
in az or are you going to Baton Rouge??

Tigerland is a sight man
I'm going to Baton Rouge. My brother is in the Vet School there. I hope that both LSU and UGA are undefeated and we'll see a battle between like #3 and #4.

Gotta get past Florida first.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If possible that would be a dream. I think he goes before 20.
yeah. pretty sure he is a top 10 guy... just not so sure he will be considered a top 3 guy.
"IF" he is the next Ray Lewis he is obviously worth any pick... but it's the "IF"...

But Ed Oliver in the first and Josh Allen from Kentucky might not be a bad option either

Josh Allen, ILB/OLB, Kentucky
Height: 6-4. Weight: 250.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2019): 1-2.
9/22/18: Allen has been tremendous thus far in 2018. He looks heavier, stronger, and more well-rounded. On the season, Allen has 19 tackles with 4.5 for a loss, two sacks, one pass broken up and a forced fumble.

Allen was phenomenal against Florida, leading Kentucky to snap its 31-game losing streak to the Gators. He dominated Gators left tackle Martez Ivey in the pass rush and made two superb pass breakups downfield, including a critical two-point conversion attempt.

8/29/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Allen checks in at 6-foot-4, 250 pounds with 33.25-inch arms, 8.5-inch hands and an 80-inch wingspan. They have Allen running the 40-yard dash in 4.60 seconds.

In early October of 2017, WalterFootball.com was first to report that Allen was receiving early-round grades from NFL teams. One national scout compared Allen to Leonard Floyd coming out of Georgia with Allen's ability to rush off the edge. That scout said Allen isn't as freaky of an athlete as Floyd was, and Allen while is not a top-10 pick, they did grade Allen as a first-rounder.

Another director of college scouting said they had given Allen a high second-round grade, but thought Allen would definitely end up going in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft, if he had declared. That director said Allen was an interesting player because he also can play inside linebacker, whereas Floyd was just an outside edge defender. That college director said that as an inside linebacker, Allen has similarities to current Texans linebacker Zach Cunningham in terms of his height, speed, length, and athleticism in the middle. Allen considered entering the 2018 NFL Draft, but chose to return to Kentucky instead.

Allen was one of the top edge defenders in college football during the 2017 season. The junior had seven sacks along with 65 tackles, 9.5 tackles for a loss, two forced fumbles and three passes batted on the year. He started the season fast and wasn't as good late 2017. Allen produced well as a sophomore in 2016 with 62 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a loss, seven sacks and four forced fumbles.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php#ixzz5T4W6NMG9
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019ILB.php#SvW19AFohwsMbtI0.99

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm going to Baton Rouge. My brother is in the Vet School there. I hope that both LSU and UGA are undefeated and we'll see a battle between like #3 and #4.

Gotta get past Florida first.

Take in the tailgating experience... those coon asses take their Tigers very seriously...often 40-50,000 people out there tailgating...fantastic food if you like crawfish and shrimp and such...I aint into seafoods, but lots of "deer sausage" and Boudin usually there too, along with fresh site made Jambalaya

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
DL, if anything, should be addressed in the draft. Considering this is the most stacked DL class ever.

I will never ever believe in taking a OL with a top 3 pick in the draft. Not even the greatest OL of my generation(Walter Jones & Steve Hutchinson) didn’t go THAT high. Selecting a OL that high is how bad teams stay bad.
Say What!? ~Orlando Pace

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
If you guys think Rosen is your guy for quite a while, trading down a few spots will probably garner at least one more immediate impact player(s).

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Take in the tailgating experience... those coon asses take their Tigers very seriously...often 40-50,000 people out there tailgating...fantastic food if you like crawfish and shrimp and such...I aint into seafoods, but lots of "deer sausage" and Boudin usually there too, along with fresh site made Jambalaya

I'm very excited. Doing Friday Night on Bourbon Street and then heading up for the full day on Saturday.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm very excited. Doing Friday Night on Bourbon Street and then heading up for the full day on Saturday.
I lived down there for 8 years until two years ago. Never really got excited about bourbon street and all that.
but since I moved back to cali...the french quarter is what I miss most about louisiana...well, that and young pie faced blonds in skimpy shorts anyway

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like Devin White but not top 3. He’d be a guy to target in a trade down situation.

MLB is just not a premium position worthy of a top 5 pick. Kind of like OG unless it’s a very weak draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard