Question about Rattlers games

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
How family friendly is the experience? I am thinking about taking my 9 year old son to the game. How rowdy/drunk are most of the fans?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my buddy takes his 6 year old son to a lot of the games. Its closer to an NBA crowd than an NFL crowd.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have been to many games and an Arena Bowl. All have been family friendly. Great environment. Don't blink though or you'll miss a scoring play. :cool:

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have been to many games and an Arena Bowl. All have been family friendly. Great environment. Don't blink though or you'll miss a scoring play. :cool:

Yeah, I used to go years ago. It's fun, they play a lot of music during breaks. IMO, fans are more drunk/obnoxious at Cards games than the Rattlers. Should be fine for a nine year old.

But yeah, like BIM said there is tons of scoring. No defense whatsoever. It's kind of a race to see who can get into the endzone more.

Last edited:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How family friendly is the experience? I am thinking about taking my 9 year old son to the game. How rowdy/drunk are most of the fans?
If you have the $$, get as close to the field as possible. Front row is well worth the $$.
The AFL gears itself towards a family environment now. It used to be a bit more rowdy in the older days when the arena was packed, but it's a great family experience.

Are you looking at a specific game? A game like SJ or LV should be great games to attend. SJ-AZ is one of the best rivalries in sports. Up the with any of the popular ones from the major sports.

But yeah, like BIM said there is tons of scoring. No defense whatsoever. It's kind of a race to see who can get into the endzone more.
There is defense, it's just not the same as the outdoor game since most of the rules are geared towards the offense and scoring. No blitzing, not stunting or twisting etc.

The Jack-out-the-box rule is usually the most frustrating for new fans.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Sweet. Just picked up some tickets for the June 6th game. I am sure my son will enjoy all of the extra scoring and lack of defense.