Q interview on Doug and Wolf

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
https://omny.fm/shows/doug-wolf/anquan-boldin-former-arizona-cardinals-wide-receiv

I didn’t see a thread dedicated to this, and I believe it is most certainly deserving of such. I know many are still pissy pants over the 08 NFC Championship game, but no one on the field was.

Anquan is a very special human being. Worth the listen.
It's a great interview. Q does not sugarcoat, and his commentary about his rookie season being on a plane coming back after being mauled in a game and everyone on the plane was happy and carefree which really pissed him off and stated he looked around at his teammates and said this is not right... "I'll win or fight"- Anquan Boldin

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't access from work. What's the TLDR?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still wear my Boldin Jersey and still one of my top 3 players ever! He is literally just a good human being in every sense of the word.

Still the absolute classiest guy at training camp out of ANYONE EVER too. He would stay behind and take pics and sign for any and everyone even after the second of two a days. He never left the field before every fan was happy. He would make small talk and listen to people too. Just a straight up nice dude!

He is the one guy I wish they would do an episode of “The football life” on still.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard part of the interview on the radio last week. Still one of my all time favorites.

I still have my autographed Boldin Jersey that he signed for me his rookie season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
My brother is my witness, I really wanted the Cards to draft Boldin as he was my favorite player in that draft. I went ape sh*t when he was picked.

That's actually pretty impressive. I was already pissed in that draft, and then, after trading back, we drafted a slow WR? Heck, even in the early days of the "I hear a lot about" thread, I was resistant. Man, was I glad to be wrong!

OP
OP
speedy

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I wish things between he and the org would reconcile. His best playing days were in a cardinal uniform. He left on impact on the team. I’ll never forget when we were at SDS playing Carolina in 05, and he broke AT LEAST 7 tackles on his way to the NEZ (where I was sitting). I was like W. T. F.... it’s still one of the most incredible plays I have ever seen in all of football.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will need to listen.

My ex was cooking meals for Q and a couple other players at the time and got to know him a little. He tentatively agreed to come to my children's school. A few days later, he was no longer on the team. I didn't want him to go, but it seemed like the right move at the time. We couldn't pay 2 WRs close to 10mil a year. Which is a bit ironic, now with Fitz and Nuk. (yes, I know the salary cap is a bit larger than it was back then)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have had a sour opinion about Q since the NFC Championship game when he walked out, well I am a freaking moron for doing so. I have no idea why Q walked off but I bet it was probably for a damn good reason and far beyond being paid like Fitz, and beyond anything I am privy to critique because I have never played professional football. Boldin remember had his freaking jaw broke representing the Cards and trudged along with a bad hammy against the Falcons in the playoffs for a win, all which I had prompted myself to forget. I hear now Chandler Jones talking with respect for Suggs and what he taught him while fans ridicule Suggs, an old warrior who in reality does not know when to retire as many who have a passion for the game. I hear the Mitches of the world slam Peterson about effort but I have yet to see one single fellow player of his during a game which did not gravitate to him and get a spark wanting him to excel, the actual players respect and luv the guy. Doug and Wolf have their ties to the Cardinal organization and yet they have no qualms with the Quan, Wolf who played for the Cards and has a better understanding than any of us who have not. My pseudo grievances as a fan in retrospective are just moronic

ap11

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey speedy . I remember that play vividly! Amazing player that help change the culture of the organization. Q must be in the ring of honor. Great player and even a better human being!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll never forget the 2007 game in Baltimore. I was there in the stands with both my sons, a few days removed form a heart procedure. My wife didn't want me to go, but I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity. Leinart was our starter in that game, and the Ravens D embarrassed him in the 1st half. We were down like 17-3 at the half, and it should have been far worse. The Ravens D was flying all over the field & I was just trying to keep my blood pressure down. Whiz has Warner start the 2nd half & what a 2nd half it was. If not for a bs call on AW, we would have won that game. Boldin just absolutely took it to the Raven's D. It wasn't just the yards, it was how he did it. He ran over some of the meanest defensive players that the NFL had at the time. We lost, but I just knew that if we played Warner moving forward, we had a chance every week to win.

We've all gone back & forth as to who to blame for the Boldin/Haley sideline incident. The fact remains, these were two very determined & very intense competitors. Without either of them in 2008, we probably don't reach the heights that we did. To this day, I still respect both of them for their contributions to the AZ Cardinals during their stay. Culture is so important to winning. As evidenced by that interview, Boldin was so critical to the culture change that led to the successful seasons in the Whiz/Warner/Fitz/Boldin era. I see some that desire to win with K1 now. Let's just hope that there's a culture of winning brewing in AZ right now. I think there is. We'll wait to see!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'll never forget the 2007 game in Baltimore. I was there in the stands with both my sons, a few days removed form a heart procedure. My wife didn't want me to go, but I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity. Leinart was our starter in that game, and the Ravens D embarrassed him in the 1st half. We were down like 17-3 at the half, and it should have been far worse. The Ravens D was flying all over the field & I was just trying to keep my blood pressure down. Whiz has Warner start the 2nd half & what a 2nd half it was. If not for a bs call on AW, we would have won that game. Boldin just absolutely took it to the Raven's D. It wasn't just the yards, it was how he did it. He ran over some of the meanest defensive players that the NFL had at the time. We lost, but I just knew that if we played Warner moving forward, we had a chance every week to win.
We wore our King of Cards tattoos at the tailgate. Great times in Baltimore. Always great times.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA