Q cost us the Super Bowl?

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
I am over the fact that we lost the Super Bowl, great year, thank you Cards! I have been on search engines trying to find several articles that I read about Harrisons 100 yard interception return for a touch down at the end of the first half. I remember reading that Kurt said we were lined up wrong, that Boldin should have been spread out farther than he lined up and that would have taken Harrison out of the play. So my question is did Q cost the Super Bowl by the way he lined up on that play, or did the coaches send the play in where Q was supposed to be lined up closer to the rest of the line?

I have not heard anyone here mention this so I am probably out on a tangent here, and would just like to hear some of your takes on this.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We hve been there and done this, no need to rehash IMO. We lost, let's concentrate on winning it all next year.

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
I do not blame #81, I do not blame #13, I do not blame #21 for blocking #11 along the sideline, I do not blame #34 for getting blocked in the back. It was one play in one game in a long season. I just expect progress from the team as a whole. After last year, "progress" doesn't leave room for much other than victory.

OP
OP
Perfectionist

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
We hve been there and done this, no need to rehash IMO. We lost, let's concentrate on winning it all next year.

I do not blame #81, I do not blame #13, I do not blame #21 for blocking #11 along the sideline, I do not blame #34 for getting blocked in the back. It was one play in one game in a long season. I just expect progress from the team as a whole. After last year, "progress" doesn't leave room for much other than victory.

Sorry guys, I am not trying to rehash or blame anyone (but with the title of the tread I guess it seems that way). It's just seems I read in a couple of places that we were misaligned on this play and would like to know why.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I am not trying to rehash or blame anyone (but with the title of the tread I guess it seems that way). It's just seems I read in a couple of places that we were misaligned on this play and would like to know why.

Both Q and Fitz were too close. Because of time management, we didn't have a chance to reset. A lot happened after that, and to pile on at this point does no good. Ifs and buts...

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Mistakes were made by cards , refs, and steelers. Cards lost and steelers won. I am well past the blame poertion of this program.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put the blame for that play sqaurely where it belongs. Warner. Nobody else. However that play didnt cost us the SB. We were ahead with 2.5 minutes remaining in the game regardless of that play.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Put the blame for that play sqaurely where it belongs. Warner. Nobody else. However that play didnt cost us the SB. We were ahead with 2.5 minutes remaining in the game regardless of that play.

No question.

Warner should never have thrown that pass.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
I'm not going to point any fingers, but defense wins championships! Congrats to the Squeelers D.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lies:
This thread is about the Super Bowl isn't it??? :bang:

No. The thread is about Kurt and Boldin and the play calling. You brought up defense and congratulated the Steelers D. That's not the topic of this thread.

Go bang your head somewhere else.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
No. The thread is about Kurt and Boldin and the play calling. You brought up defense and congratulated the Steelers D. That's not the topic of this thread.

Go bang your head somewhere else.
My point is I disagree with the topic of this thread.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Then disagree with the topic stated and answer the question that was presented.
True, I should have started out by saying that I don't think Boldin cost us the Super Bowl. I feel the Squeelers defense won it. Fair enough?

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
My 2 cents. The Steelers brain trust had the play sniffed out. They dropped Harrison back to defend, we didnt anticipate, a good D call. It's not what cost us the game. We took care of the cause afterwards in letting our D coordinator go. Now we move on and get better. Will we get back to the big game. who knows? I for one enjoyed the H#$% out of the ride and couldn't be happier with our season as a whole. The big test is the next 8 weeks. There will be some tough decions and some tough love.
The good news is that this franchise HAS turned the corner. The question is, can they close the deal?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson