Punter Likely Inbound

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since he was cut there is no trade. He is in waivers either we claim him and take on his Salery - we are 13 th in priority so 12 other teams could claim him in front of us. Or we can wait 24 hrs hope no one claims him and then negotiate as a free agent.

Either way we won't know till at the earliest tomorrow afternoon.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Since he was cut there is no trade. He is in waivers either we claim him and take on his Salery - we are 13 th in priority so 12 other teams could claim him in front of us. Or we can wait 24 hrs hope no one claims him and then negotiate as a free agent.

He is a vested veteran, does not go through waivers

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He's a vested veteran and not subject to waivers.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just waive both punters now and sign him? Don't understand why they would need to wait for Logan to go to IR

Apparently IR to return can't be done until tomorrow or something. If IR today they are done for the season. That's why we are waiting to IR Logan

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Apparently IR to return can't be done until tomorrow or something. If IR today they are done for the season. That's why we are waiting to IR Logan

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I get that.. I was asking why it made sense to wait to sign Lee until we put Logan on IR (the presumption was that we'd cut both punters now, but that didn't happen)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get that.. I was asking why it made sense to wait to sign Lee until we put Logan on IR (the presumption was that we'd cut both punters now, but that didn't happen)

I agree. Simply cut both of the punters to make the room needed. It's not like a bunch (any) teams are looking to pick up either Wile or Leon.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I tweeted Summers to ask if Capi could be brought back tomorrow before he cleared wavers ( after the TJ to IR move). He told me the cards are not as enamored as we fans are.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I tweeted Summers to ask if Capi could be brought back tomorrow before he cleared wavers ( after the TJ to IR move). He told me the cards are not as enamored as we fans are.
Yes we are not any good as them in evaluating players and special team coaches

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Lee can't work out a deal with the Cardinals (and I think he will) what about Darr, mentioned in this thread, from Miami?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Cards are going with Matt Wile. Very disappointing considering Andy Lee was let go and is still by far a better punter.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The Panthers were exploring trade options for him, so their may be a few teams interested. His agent is probably working that out now. I would expect his to sign somewhere by Monday.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Somers reporting that Lee will sign tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
MJ tweeted that he thinks there will be a few Cardinals moves tomorrow.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We must have an awesome team if all we're worried about is a punter.

Who said that punter is "all" that anyone is worried about? This thread is specifically about the punter position. Cmon man!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard