Prometheus (aka Alien prequel)

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
New trailer is out and I gotta say, I am really excited for this movie. I hope it lives up to the hype it has been getting.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm excited that Ridley Scott is directing this. He did the first movie and it was brilliant.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this before work today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The other world and the Alien beings were top notch. Special effects amazing. Good stuff all the way around IMO.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Just got back from this one...the story is decent....some suspense here and there....but not very exciting....nothing like Alien,lol.

I made the mistake of seeing it in 3D...dont bother...very poorly done in that regard.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prometheus

Prometheus

Release Date: June 8, 2012 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX 3D)
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Ridley Scott
Screenwriter: Damon Lindelof, Jon Spaihts, Ridley Scott
Genre: Sci-Fi
MPAA Rating: R (for sci-fi violence including intense images, and brief language)

Starring: Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall-Green, Charlize Theron

Plot Summary: Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pretty good, not great, but still pretty good. A LOT of references to the first Alien and even Blade Runner. Definitely a prequel.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty decent flick. have to completely disagree with Oaken though. the 3D was used to a spectacular effect in this one.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn.....want to see this. Just don't know when I can because we have family functions for the next 3 weeks. My twelve year old is begging for me to take him and says it will be a get away for the "guys" but I think he is too young. LOL.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrible. This is one of the worst movies I have seen in years. Lots of eye candy but at its base it is a c grade horror film. So many bad horror cliches and nonsensical story elements.

Seriously a giant heaping turd wrapped in gold tinfoil

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Damn.....want to see this. Just don't know when I can because we have family functions for the next 3 weeks. My twelve year old is begging for me to take him and says it will be a get away for the "guys" but I think he is too young. LOL.

took the 11 year old daughter who has been pretty sheltered....no apparent damage....movie is not scary or very graphic for the most part...just some suspense here and there.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey look, this room is scary. Come on guy I hated at the start of the film, let's go back to the ship.

Okay guy who has the mapping technology, I will go with you since I won't get lost.

Oh **** we are lost...let's not use our mapping technology for help.

Hey we are back where we wouldn't go thirty minutes ago.

Cool let's camp here then.

Sure guy I don't get along with. Let's not use our maps and stay here in the room we wouldn't go in originally

So unbelievably awful.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spoiler didn't work for some reason. More idiocy from this movie later

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrible. This is one of the worst movies I have seen in years. Lots of eye candy but at its base it is a c grade horror film. So many bad horror cliches and nonsensical story elements.

Seriously a giant heaping turd wrapped in gold tinfoil

I have zero desire to see this movie, but that review was one of the best to-the-point, succinct, in-a-nutshell, funny.

Spoiler didn't work for some reason. More idiocy from this movie later

Your spoiler tags are working for me.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As promised, more stupidity from this movie....

Cue intro to movie...

Text says "Prometheus...crew of 17."

Crew wakes up. You are introducted to 9 of the seventeen. 8 shall remain "nameless" (if only they had red shirts)

As prior explained, guy with the mapping technology forgets he has it nor does he ask the ship that has a 3d model of the entire base for assistance so he gets lost.

He then goes in the room he wouldn't go in earlier. He camps there inexplicabily and then he dies.

Forward to the last 45 minutes of the movie....

Ships pilot: Hey that guy who got lost and we found dead awhile ago. His suit is pinging outside the door.

I know that he died in the tunnels and so far away we have to use transports to get there, but he somehow made it across miles of open, featureless terrain that we have full view of and made it to the ship.

Ships Captain: Well that is odd. How did he get all the way here? Hey do we have any cameras near the front door?

Ships Pilot: No sir, we have cameras on our suit helmets, our suits, in our rooms, and even guys that fly around and 3d map...but no cameras on the front door.

Ships Captain: That is as stupid as having a medical pod only rigged to males on a mixed sex crew ship. Oh well...who is in the main hatch?

Ships Pilot: The nameless guys sir.

Ships Captain: The nameless guys? Okay as long as no plot character is in jeapordy, open the door.

***Giant hatch opens, easily weighing tons and could crush something as it folds up and down, not side to side like a conventional door. Dead body is folded up unmoving at precisely the first place door would not crush him.***

***Nameless guy sees horrificly contorted body and walks up to it.****

Nameless guy 1: Sir, I confirm it is the guy who died in the alien building. No sign of how a dead body ended up miles from where we left it but I think it is safe to turn my back on it.

***Body animates as a gorilla like monster and kills Nameless 1. Monkey man begins killing nameless crew members****

Nameless guy 3: It's killing all us nameless guys....it is killing us all....

Captain: Hey we do have a camera in the main bay. That is handy. Yep those nameless guys are getting killed. Better get some named people down there to contain the situation.

***main guys show up and situation handled***

I just kept waiting for the BG in this scene to be wearing a Scream mask it was so bad.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Riddle me these....

Why do the humans and the engineers both shop at the exact same undergarmet shop "Wadded up loin cloth of Paris"? Is a shop conventiently located on Gamma 12?

When the Aliens left their ancient language on earth for David to learn, why did they leave the codes to their security system and doors? Why don't they change those codes more than once every 33,000 years?

Did someone tell Micheal Fassbender that he was playing an android and shouldn't look pissed off when someone makes fun of him?

Birthing an alien baby and being covered in blood must happen frequently on the ship cause NOT ONE WORD was said about it after it happened. Not a one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Riddle me these....

Why do the humans and the engineers both shop at the exact same undergarmet shop "Wadded up loin cloth of Paris"? Is a shop conventiently located on Gamma 12?

When the Aliens left their ancient language on earth for David to learn, why did they leave the codes to their security system and doors? Why don't they change those codes more than once every 33,000 years?

Did someone tell Micheal Fassbender that he was playing an android and shouldn't look pissed off when someone makes fun of him?

Birthing an alien baby and being covered in blood must happen frequently on the ship cause NOT ONE WORD was said about it after it happened. Not a one.

lol... no ****. and what really made no sense about the med pod was that Charlize Theron had it installed for HER to use and her alone. I guess she didn't read the owner's manual when it was installed?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... no ****. and what really made no sense about the med pod was that Charlize Theron had it installed for HER to use and her alone. I guess she didn't read the owner's manual when it was installed?

Seriously this is the new Transformers. You watch it once and get lost in the spectacle and go "that was neat".

Then you rewatch it and go WTF?

I want to play a game called "Staples Olympics". The goal is to see how far you can run, jump, and climb before the staples in your stomach burst apart. Apparently it is pretty freaking far.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh... Yet another disappointment in the Alien series.

I had such high hopes for this one especially with Scott directing and producing this. Saddly I was totally let down. There were just so many scenes that were outrageous and over the top. I think it was the poor script that doomed this one from the start.

Last edited: