Prison Break: Season Two

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here we go...it starts Monday night...they are on the run from the law...

Should be a good season I hope...looks promising.

Mike

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jenna2891 said:
woo hoo! already?

Yeah it seems like only last year there were these shows called Prisonbreak and Lost!

I admit I can't wait to see Prisonbreak again though.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Great first episode!!!! Loved it...

Mike

My only concern is that we're going to see episode after episode of them just narrowly escaping being caught. That even got old when they were in prison, but if it's a weekly event on the run I think it could very quickly become hard to buy.

But I did like the first episode, although I don't like the actor, I like the new character the guy tracking them for the feds.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
My only concern is that we're going to see episode after episode of them just narrowly escaping being caught. That even got old when they were in prison, but if it's a weekly event on the run I think it could very quickly become hard to buy.

But I did like the first episode, although I don't like the actor, I like the new character the guy tracking them for the feds.

Yeah, I hope it doesn't get like that every week...

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is prison break starting to seem a little more like the Fugitive? It seems to be moving in that direction anyways.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Wow. You guys still watching this? The show was a little unbelievable before, but now its just getting over the top. I have a feeling the viewership decline will be bad before mid season unless things step up. I think I'll keep watching it, but I could see a lot of people starting to tune out.

Some things I've been wondering or just have to comment on...
So if the bad guys in black suits were intercepting calls made from cell phones from the house where Veronica got killed, how did she call Lincoln?

The veternarian sewing the hand back on, are you serious? "I established blood flow, so basically its going to be all good because you kept it on ice." Uhhh... right.

I know criminals aren't exactly rocket scientists, but would you get in the guys car you just murdered, and then make a call to onstar (terrific product placement btw, also did a good job with the clorox wipes later) to get directions to exactly where you are going? hmmm... Vet isn't dead imo either. Although my wife thinks T-Bag will now be haunted by the spirit of the east Indian vet. She's entitled to her bad plot line opinions too.

When is secret service agent turned informant turned supposedly dead guy going to suddenly make a surprise appearance?

Will the picture on the cell phone of bad secret service agent guy ever show up in the storyline? I would think LJ's cell phone would have been lost in the evidence locker about 10 months and 3 prison transfers ago.
Sorry for the long critical rant. I could keep going. This is actually the only network show I watch.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not going to dignify that with a response

bratwurst

Reaction score
I think Jenna's thoughts are probably about normal though. This show is going to die, but then again, if they try to make it last longer than this season it probably should die anyway.

I've started getting lost on dvd from netflix, so I'll have that to watch at least.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
I think Jenna's thoughts are probably about normal though. This show is going to die, but then again, if they try to make it last longer than this season it probably should die anyway.

I've started getting lost on dvd from netflix, so I'll have that to watch at least.

The problem is that IIRC the original show was set up to be a one year escape from prison reveal the conspiracy it's over deal. But it got so popular, they decided to try and make a season 2.

I didn't hate last nights episode but I do hate the way I think I see the show moving.

I'm still watching for now we'll see what they can do with the plot but if it's what I think is coming, it's going to be a letdown.

bratwurst

Reaction score
Uh oh Russ...

From Wikipedia:
The success of the show has caused its producers to reevaluate stories for future seasons. Executive producer and writer, Paul T. Scheuring says, "With success comes questions about season three, so now we’re framing the first two seasons as chapter one of the ‘trilogy’."[13]

For spoilers... and I had to stop myself from reading them, wikipedia somehow has synopsis of future episodes already. Might be bunk info, but still.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah it's pretty clear they're looking at this as a several season series now which IMHO takes away from the original idea.

We'll see, so far season 2 is not really hooking me.

bratwurst

Reaction score
OK one more thing... why would someone being tried for a state crime, murder, be transferred to a different state? That makes zero sense. Did I miss something?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
OK one more thing... why would someone being tried for a state crime, murder, be transferred to a different state? That makes zero sense. Did I miss something?

My theory was they figured if they staged that, Lincoln would show up to try and get his son?

But I agree there's some distinct plot holes right now that need clearing up.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
anyone watch this on Monday?

Yeah, much better episode than Week 2....i like where it's going, and I like how it didn't end up being an "almost caught" story...

Loving this show.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
It's just a tv show, suspension of real life is expected.
------------------------------------------------------
And about it lasting for more than 1 or 2 seasons, 24 is a similar gimicky type show and it's success hasn't faltered.

Obviously the focus of the season looks to be to escape from the FBI Agent, break LJ out of jail, and recover the money. Two of those will happen, one will be the cliffhanger to keep us on hold until next year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
The problem is that IIRC the original show was set up to be a one year escape from prison reveal the conspiracy it's over deal. But it got so popular, they decided to try and make a season 2.

Russ, having worked extensively on pilots and for TV Networks, I can say without a shred of doubt neither the creators, nor the Network ever greenlight a series based on it being a one and done series - NEVER. TV is made for one thing and one thing only - the goal to get to season 5 because 99.9% of them DO NOT make money until season 5, and then real money doesn't come until syndication. If they were betting on a one year series, the Network would be looking at admitting to themselves that they would be incurring SERIOUS losses - that ain't reality in Hollywood - sure, it happens all the time - but you never go into a venture KNOWING that's going to be your bottom line.

Just as an example of the money game and when a show actually becomes profitable - you know a little show called LOST - smash hit, rabid fan following, Emmy Winner, etc., etc., etc. - next time you watch the credits, notice that there are THREE Co-Creators and realize that Jeffrey Lieber is one of them in addition to being my boss and one of my best friends - Co-Creator title is the BIG one for profit-sharing - he won't see a dime (in relative terms) unless the show goes 5 seasons and neither will the networks.

The plan is ALWAYS to have a season 2 - you don't green-lit in pilot season most times unless you can actually show a three-season story arch - Networks want to know what they're getting into - even if things are going to change, they want to know the creator has a vision to keep selling to advertisers.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz