Predictions, Adjustments Of Strategy For Game 2

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Would not be surprised if D'Antoni relies on small ball and cutting Nash loose more. Shaq plays a few less minutes in the first half and the Suns try to get Barbosa, Bell, and Giricek going.
Please no. SUNS need to find a way to keep Tony Ginobli out of the fricken lane.....having Shaq on the floor is our best chance at victory.

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
Shaq ain't gonna change a damn thing. I just hope that when he fouls, he fouls hard. The Spurs should be the one hurting, bleeding. Hit Parker on the head again. Let's show them who's tougher. Let the bodies hit the floor!

The Suns will never win a Championship unless they became tough, and somewhat dirty. Every championship team has a dirty player.

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
Limit Shaq's minutes in the first half to save for foul trouble.

Get Gordon in the game earlier.

I dont agree with the limited minutes in the first half. He just needs to be more careful on the offensive end. Him impacting the first half would be huge because it gets their team in foul trouble. The 2nd half is where they play hack-a-shaq and puts their team in worse foul trouble. Keep him in there as long as possible.

As for Gordon...
The dudes solid... PLAY HIM!!!!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
You say you read 7 seconds. It flat says Amare is only motivated about the stuff that Amare cares about.

Sorry that if that's an indictment on Amare I don't buy it, that's why people have managers at work and why players have coaches. IMO it's human nature is to work on things you find interesting, sometimes everyone needs some priortization or direction from a higher autority. Amare isn't lazy obviously he needs direction and priortization.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Are you really this ignorant about team basketball?

Switching happens on every team in the NBA unless you play zone.

We tried to play zone and people couldn't figure out why. Well it is because our bigs lack the ability (Shaq) or the inclination (Amare) to actually do it.

Good thing I don't have feelings, that was pissy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Shaq plays smarter and fouls less, but when he does, it will be hard. Amare gets himself into foul trouble that limits him early, and the Spurs throw the kitchen sink at us early, but we manage to stay in the game and keep it close. Nash scores when the team needs him to, hitting at least five mid-range jumpers, getting a layup or two, and hitting at least two big threes. Duncan has a good game, but it doesn't kill our chances. We know that we should win this game, and we maintain our focus and pull it out in the end. After all, it took Duncan hitting his first three of the year and double overtime for them to win game 1, which is when they should have been at their best. If they have to count on similar efforts throughout the series, we will win the series hands-down.

Suns 110
Spurs 98

I think we win the series in six games. Of course, if we lose this game, I think we lose the series in seven. I am fully confident we will win tonight, though, so I say Suns in six.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You say you read 7 seconds. It flat says Amare is only motivated about the stuff that Amare cares about.

i take the book with a grain of salt. i thought it an interesting read, but it's really one man's opinions based on what he's seen. and though he was privy to quite a bit, he still doesn't have the whole scoop and he's extremely partial to dantoni imo.

i'm not saying your comment is not accurate, just that i wouldn't read 7 seconds as gospel.