Predicting 53 man Roster

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be a couple bargain FA signings later, but I'll give it a shot now.

Quarterbacks (3)

3 Carson Palmer
5 Drew Stanton
6 Logan Thomas

Running Backs (4)

20 Jonathan Dwyer
38 Andre Ellington
30 Stepfan Taylor
34 Ryan Williams

Wide Receivers (6)

13 Jaron Brown
12 John Brown
11 Larry Fitzgerald
15 Michael Floyd
19 Ted Ginn Jr.
10 Brittan Golden

Tight ends (4)

86 Jake Ballard
89 John Carlson
84 Rob Housler
87 Troy Niklas

Offensive linemen (9)

61 Jonathan Cooper G
74 Paul Fanaika G
71 Ted Larsen C/G
70 Bobby Massie T
63 Lyle Sendlein C
79 Bradley Sowell T
68 Jared Veldheer T
78 Earl Watford G
73 Eric Winston T

Defensive linemen (6)

93 Calais Campbell DE
90 Darnell Dockett DE
98 Frostee Rucker DE
72 Ed Stinson DE
66 Alameda Ta'amu NT
92 Dan Williams NT

Linebackers (9)

55 John Abraham OLB
97 Lorenzo Alexander ILB
59 Marcus Benard OLB
51 Kevin Minter ILB
57 Alex Okafor OLB
91 Matt Shaughnessy OLB
58 Daryl Washington ILB
96 Kareem Martin OLB
50 Larry Foote ILB

Defensive backs (9)

28 Justin Bethel CB
36 Deone Bucannon SS
31 Antonio Cromartie CB
22 Tony Jefferson SS
26 Rashad Johnson FS
32 Tyrann Mathieu FS/CB
21 Patrick Peterson CB
25 Jerraud Powers CB
16 Teddy Williams CB

Special teams (3)

4 Jay Feely K
82 Mike Leach LS
9 Dave Zastudil P

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Also need to take into account that Winston isn't signed, yet...and a couple of players: Tyrann and Alameda will probably start on PUP, so that opens up 3 more spots, currently.

OP
OP
W

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Also need to take into account that Winston isn't signed, yet...and a couple of players: Tyrann and Alameda will probably start on PUP, so that opens up 3 more spots, currently.

True... I was kind of ignoring that aspect of it. NT depth is a concern not sure who would temporarily take Alamedas spot for that period. I'm hoping Tyrann won't start on PUP but if he does it will probably be Bryan McCann taking his spot.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think the vast majority of the roster is pretty much set. I can't remember a time looking through the projected 53 this early and thinking there were so little spots truly up for grabs. Could be wrong, but the last QB, WR, maybe TE (and maybe Housler), OLB, maybe ILB, and CB are the only spots I think might be open. Though, as noted above PUP, a possible D-Wash suspension, and of course injuries can change things in a hurry.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Think they will carry five receivers instead of six. With the addition of John Brown and Ted Ginn Jr., Golden is a long shot to make the 53-man roster IMO. I'd replace him with Sam Acho. Otherwise, it looks good. Eric Winston replaces Nate Potter.

While Daryl Washington is on suspension, they may carry Glenn Carson, then move him to the practice squad when Washington comes back.

Last edited:

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the vast majority of the roster is pretty much set. I can't remember a time looking through the projected 53 this early and thinking there were so little spots truly up for grabs. Could be wrong, but the last QB, WR, maybe TE (and maybe Housler), OLB, maybe ILB, and CB are the only spots I think might be open. Though, as noted above PUP, a possible D-Wash suspension, and of course injuries can change things in a hurry.

Agreed. That why I think so many people were not enthralled with our draft. The reality is that the best teams many picks won't make the roster. I like the guys in the draft and most have a shot to make it. Could we have traded a couple of our lower round picks and moved up to get a pass rusher or Right tackle? Maybe but most were already gone.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Agreed. That why I think so many people were not enthralled with our draft. The reality is that the best teams many picks won't make the roster. I like the guys in the draft and most have a shot to make it. Could we have traded a couple of our lower round picks and moved up to get a pass rusher or Right tackle? Maybe but most were already gone.

I for one would be quite happy if most of the draft picks end up on the roster. To me that means they are better than what is currently on the roster and it also is building for the future of the team. It would make the overall roster stronger from top to bottom. I think safety and tight end got better. We may have found DDs replacement a couple years down the road and added speed to the WR corps and that is never a bad thing and one who also suppose to have good hands. A possible QBOTF though I do have my doubts on this one but if BA and TM think they can fix his ills then I am more than ready to give them that opportunity.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True... I was kind of ignoring that aspect of it. NT depth is a concern not sure who would temporarily take Alamedas spot for that period. I'm hoping Tyrann won't start on PUP but if he does it will probably be Bryan McCann taking his spot.

He'll be PUP at least through to training camp, I believe.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
I think draftee Walt Powell makes it over Golden....check out his game against Fla.St....check out his YAC's....he's a top special team gunner.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think draftee Walt Powell makes it over Golden....check out his game against Fla.St....check out his YAC's....he's a top special team gunner.

Not sure but I'm pulling for the guy already.

One of the things I've noticed about this draft is our special teams improved greatly over last year. When bethel was out we suffered in our special teams play. Could be as much as two game swing to the positive for this season.

I'll make a call now, all of the draft picks stick barring injury. Of course practice squad is in play. Well maybe not much of a stretch here except FA and a surprise UFA raises the ante a bit. Maybe we are able to purge some of those hopefuls who can't stay healthy.