Prayers and Help needed

AlbertB

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals its Albert aka 100%Cardsfan. As many of you heard my brother with Down Syndrome Mark has had a terrible accident. Gee started a thread in the EE board and I would like to personally thank everyone who has responded and donated, you dont know how much it really means to me.

On Sat Mark was at the movies with my mom and said he needed to use the restroom, while my mom was waiting for him she noticed a comotion in the mens bathroom. Mark had collapsed and when he fell he hit his head on the floor. He was airvacted to St Josephs Trama Center where they found he had fractured his skull and had bleeding of the brain. Catscans have shown now that Mark has suffered bruising of the front and back of his brain and the doctors said life will never be the same for Mark as he once knew it. He worked at Frys as a bagboy for 17 years and will no longer be able to work ever again. This happened 6 days ago and Mark has not woken up or said a word, he is in a coma. Today I have found out that Mark has caught Pneomonia and has stopped breathing. He is on life support breathing machine as of today. This is soo hard for me, my wife, my family and all of Marks friends as everyone loves him so much. Tears fall from my face as I write this ........Man its hard. PLEASE pray for Mark, he needs all the prayers he can get. Friend of ours have also set up a fund for Mark through Paypal for medical costs and since my mom can no longer work because she has to be at the hospital. I truly believe he will recover and pull through and believe that even though life is hard, God is good. I just wanted everyone here to know what was going on and if you can please help with prayer or donations, there are not words that would be able to show my gratitude. Marks Paypal accnt is [email protected].

If you guys want to email me feel free as well at [email protected]

Thanks again for all of your help and lets hope everything will be ok.

Attachments

• Marky1.jpg
    Marky1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 747
  • Marky2.jpg
    Marky2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 744
  • Marky3.jpg
    Marky3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 752
  • marky4.jpg
    marky4.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 753

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Al,

I cannot find enough things to say here, because they don't seem to be enough in times like these.

I have a brother with moderate mental retardation and autism. I know he and I are not just brothers, but best friends as well. I can't even begin to imagine what you guys are going through now.

What I do offer is my sincerest thoughts and prayers for both Mark's recovery and your own strength to get through this, the most trying of times.

God Bless you all. I'll say a few extras tonight for you all.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
100%,

I am so sorry to hear the news. Reading this has tears streaming down my face here. I have a brother who had a stroke in utero and through numerous surgeries (some extremely life-threatening), now lives with half a brain and suffers from autism. I know a little about what your family is going through. I have cried myself to sleep hundreds of nights worrying about him and wondering why someone so innocent cannot seem to catch a break in life. Everytime something bad happenes in my life I try to think about what my brother had braved through by the age of three and my issues amount to nothing in comparision. It sounds like Mark is a true soldier, you gotta trust he is fighting his ass off right now.

I am glad I saw this just as I was getting ready to put my kids to bed so now they can include him in their prayers. I know your family is hurting more than words can describe right now, but these are the times in life when you have to have faith that God will take care of him. Stay strong for your brother and the rest of your family. My better half has a paypal account in her name, so I will have her set up a donation tommorrow morning. I can't afford much, but I hope it helps.

Justin

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
God bless your brother. How hard this is for you and your family Albert...please know that our prayers for Mark are first and foremost...we wish him every possible chance, good friend.

Cardiholic

Registered
Reaction score
" I truly believe he will recover and pull through and believe that even though life is hard, God is good."

Amen

I have a son with serious developmental disabilities. In the back of our minds we know that what happened to Mark could happen to our son Daniel. I'm so sorry that you and your family have to go through something like this. You have to keep the attitude that you indicated in the highlighted sentence and with everyones prayers things will work out. Not only that but LOVE is a very strong healer. I think that your family's love for Mark will help him heal. I'll be praying until you come back here and tell us about his fast recovery.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Al, you know my thoughts and prayers go out to Mark and your family.
Be strong brother!

okcardzona

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Albert, I had a chance to meet your Dad and Mark when We came out to ARZ for a game a couple of years back. What a enjoyment it was.The news of your brother's accident is upsetting to say the least. Our prayers and best wishes goes out to your family.

GreenCard

Reaction score
I never had the chance to meet Mark but have always loved his pictures of a happy,friendly face.My prayers for Mark and his family starts now.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you everyone, This is emotionally overwhelming to see all of the support, prayers and donations for Mark and my family.

I am not allowed to see Mark today in ICU, They found out why he collapsed. One of the valves in his heart stopped working and cut of the oxygen to his brain. The Dr does not want any visitors today due to testing, My mom just sent me a pic as she was leaving him in the hospital, It breaks my heart to even look at it since im so used to looking at him dancing around and laughing. I know Mark would be mad as hell if he knew they took his Tillman bracelet off, he has worn that almost 4 years now.

Ive been looking through some pictures of Mark and found one that just makes me laugh out loud..then cry.

Again Thank you so much for everyone here and to the Admins and Jim for lifting my ban. I truly missed everyone here and to see the support from you all truly makes me realize how lucky I am to be a part of this group.

Cardiholic and Cardsfanmd Having a brother or child with a mental handicap is alot different and some people dont understand how emotional they are. My brother Mark was bagging groceries and some guy said "Hurry up ******" Mark came home and cried for 2 days. That guy is very lucky that me and my brothers did not find him. Mark is the most caring, sensative and loving person I know. He would NEVER hurt anyone intentionally physically or mentally which makes me think sometimes that maybe the "Normal" people are the people with the handicap because if the world was full of people like Mark it would be a better place. Sorry for the run-on but THANK YOU to everyone. My wife, Dad and Mom starting crying last night when I told them what you guys have done.

As always you can PM me here now if you have any questions

Thanks again,

Albert

Attachments

• Mark5.jpg
    Mark5.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 557
  • MarkyICU.jpg
    MarkyICU.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 566

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Cardiholic and Cardsfanmd Having a brother or child with a mental handicap is alot different and some people dont understand how emotional they are. My brother Mark was bagging groceries and some guy said "Hurry up ******" Mark came home and cried for 2 days. That guy is very lucky that me and my brothers did not find him. Mark is the most caring, sensative and loving person I know. He would NEVER hurt anyone intentionally physically or mentally which makes me think sometimes that maybe the "Normal" people are the people with the handicap because if the world was full of people like Mark it would be a better place. Sorry for the run-on but THANK YOU to everyone. My wife, Dad and Mom starting crying last night when I told them what you guys have done.

As always you can PM me here now if you have any questions

Thanks again,

Albert

First, I couldn't agree more with comments like the one I bolded. If the world was full of more people like Mark, or my brother Robert, this world would be a peaceful, loving place. Most of them don't have a single evil bone in them and are the most loyal people you will ever know. Once they're your friend, you have a friend for life.

I know you may not know me like you do some of the others, but trust me when I tell you, I'm pulling for you guys all the same and praying for a quick recovery for Mark, and that before long you're laughing and having a good time as it should be had.

Stay strong brother..

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
First, I couldn't agree more with comments like the one I bolded. If the world was full of more people like Mark, or my brother Robert, this world would be a peaceful, loving place. Most of them don't have a single evil bone in them and are the most loyal people you will ever know. Once they're your friend, you have a friend for life.

I know you may not know me like you do some of the others, but trust me when I tell you, I'm pulling for you guys all the same and praying for a quick recovery for Mark, and that before long you're laughing and having a good time as it should be had.

Stay strong brother..

Thank you Jay, I truly feel like I have a family here that I can talk to and express my feeling that I sometimes cant do with my blood family. I cant say in words how much I appreciate your kind words Jay and everyone here at ASFN

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I understand your pain and suffering. I lost my wife in October. Try and stay strong. Cry when you need to and don't worry what anyone thinks of it. Most of all take care of yourself and your loved ones. You all need each other now.

Hardy Brown

Rookie
Reaction score
Albert,

My prayers are with you, your family and Mark. What can one do to help? What is needed for the family?

Your example and resolute character is an encouragement to us all.

Peace.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I wasn't able to donate much, but I am glad I was able to give something.

Have already said a prayer, will say another.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking through some pictures of Mark and found one that just makes me laugh out loud..then cry.

I never noticed this till right now.. In the first four pics you posted in this thread with us, Marky took off his hat and glasses when a female is around (Linder).. LOL! Marky the pimp at it again! Never noticed it that nite..

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Update- Mark's cat scan has showed improvement in his brain swelling and bruising, but his Kidneys have stopped working.

Ill get you more info as I get it.

Thanks again for the prayers, support and donations.

Al

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard