PP signs 1 year contract with Vikings

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
I would’ve had no problem paying him 10 million to keep him. I figured he would be asking at least 15 per season. Our cornerbacks next year are very scary...

I'm not that worried. With a strong pass rush of Watt/Jones/Golden we won't need all-pro CBs. And besides, FA isn't over yet and there's still the draft coming up.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is it really 10 million or is that the incentive number? I heard it might be an 8 million deal.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i appreciate P2s tenure here

i think he was the first premium player who actually sounded excited to be in Arizona.

high caliber player for many years

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I heard on the Rundown on 98.7 that ARZ's number was around $6M for PP, if that's true then I am not surprised he took the $10M but maybe radio guys were speculating.

I would hope ARZ signs 1 veteran CB (I don't count Alford) just so they don't have to potentially rely on a couple of rookies starting next year.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not that worried. With a strong pass rush of Watt/Jones/Golden we won't need all-pro CBs. And besides, FA isn't over yet and there's still the draft coming up.
Steve Keim may make a trade for one? He's good at trades at least lol. Newsome & Horn may be available at #16?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early PP? Loved him. Exciting interceptions and big TD returns to keep us in or flat out win games for us.

Recent PP? PED suspension, social media gaffes, less than stellar play, and a focus more on his podcast than work on the field.

Not sad to see him go to the Vikes.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
imo in zone at this stage of his career, he's just a guy

If vance wants to run zone, he's not worth paying a premium.

Wouldn't have minded him back and wish him luck, but I don't think we lost something irreplaceable to how he would play vance's system.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird one.

Keim couldn't offer a 1 year deal due to the cap hit.

I'm guessing he offered 2-3 years at not much more than the Vikings and P2 wants to gamble on FA next year.

Feels weird him moving for this deal though. Freezing his ass off in Minny for a 1 year deal.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early PP? Loved him. Exciting interceptions and big TD returns to keep us in or flat out win games for us.

Recent PP? PED suspension, social media gaffes, less than stellar play, and a focus more on his podcast than work on the field.

Not sad to see him go to the Vikes.

THE VERY VERY beginning.... like year one and not another exciting return TD ever again......

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Weird one.

Keim couldn't offer a 1 year deal due to the cap hit.

I'm guessing he offered 2-3 years at not much more than the Vikings and P2 wants to gamble on FA next year.

Feels weird him moving for this deal though. Freezing his ass off in Minny for a 1 year deal.

Minny plays under a dome.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
Cards should have tried to keep him for 1 more year. Not sure if they could have though. Every single team is going to be rolling the dice in a draft following this Pandemic. Can any team honestly judge a player after last years season? Right now I would say that QB's are going to feast on the Cards secondary, even more than last year. Alford seems to get injured if his shoe laces are to tight and since he got hurt at the beginning of the last 2 seasons, there's a good chance Alford doesn't make it out of training camp without an injury. Better hope Keim has a Card ( Pun intended ) up his sleave

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
looks like pat got a 1 year $10 million deal with the Purple gang.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The patriots are in no way trading JC Jackson. Bill views him as the replacement for Gilmore. Gilmore will be traded by the end of the draft it looks like but he is another guy who is better in man coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can only imagine the level of show boating if he manages to do anything when Cards play them this year smdh

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose