ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darn was really hoping he might resign

Definitely going corner in round 1 now probably

Gl to him in min...

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I would’ve had no problem paying him 10 million to keep him. I figured he would be asking at least 15 per season. Our cornerbacks next year are very scary...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I would’ve had no problem paying him 10 million to keep him. I figured he would be asking at least 15 per season. Our cornerbacks next year are very scary...
I am just flatly shocked that we have a guy who hasn't played in two years and a guy that can't cover the outside as our #1 and #2 CB right now. It's one thing to leave a gaping hole at one of the two spots. But both? Wild.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am just flatly shocked that we have a guy who hasn't played in two years and a guy that can't cover the outside as our #1 and #2 CB right now. It's one thing to leave a gaping hole at one of the two spots. But both? Wild.

it's a pretty awful place to be in. only difference with PP back would be it was still an awful place to be in and we'd have 10 million dollars less to spend our way out of. As it is, I'll be surprised if we fill these spots with that 10 million bucks or anyone that actually deserves it.

or maybe Keim takes another big swing and trades for Gilmore or another CB with our 2nd rounder. That has to be a better plan than whoever the hell he picks at that spot anyway.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
it's a pretty awful place to be in. only difference with PP back would be it was still an awful place to be in and we'd have 10 million dollars less to spend our way out of. As it is, I'll be surprised if we fill these spots with that 10 million bucks or anyone that actually deserves it.

or maybe Keim takes another big swing and trades for Gilmore or another CB with our 2nd rounder. That has to be a better plan than whoever the hell he picks at that spot anyway.

I think I would start dangling our 2nd rounder out there for a JC Jackson type. A younger guy that is a high caliber starter for several years.

IMO an ideal scenario would be our 2nd to NE for Jackson, and then a trade down from #16 where we go after Jaycee Horn and land an extra pick. I like Horn's toughness and approach to the game. He is already preparing like an NFL player and gets that work ethic from his family. He knows what it takes to stick in the NFL.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I would start dangling our 2nd rounder out there for a JC Jackson type. A younger guy that is a high caliber starter for several years.

IMO an ideal scenario would be our 2nd to NE for Jackson, and then a trade down from #16 where we go after Jaycee Horn and land an extra pick. I like Horn's toughness and approach to the game. He is already preparing like an NFL player and gets that work ethic from his family. He knows what it takes to stick in the NFL.
Interesting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

why do people keep stumping for Keim to get MORE picks which will be even bigger crapshoots than the in the first half of the draft.

Guys... he SUCKS AT THE DRAFT. His only hope is to get someone good while there's the possibility of a blue chipper around in round 1.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why do people keep stumping for Keim to get MORE picks which will be even bigger crapshoots than the in the first half of the draft.

Guys... he SUCKS AT THE DRAFT. His only hope is to get someone good while there's the possibility of a blue chipper around in round 1.

Some mentioned a second for JC Jackson on the Patriots. He’s played in 45 games, started 22 , has 17 interceptions and 100 tackles. Honestly I’ve never heard of this guy. Sounds like it’s something we should look into.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Because I think we are targeting a CB....and more than likely the top 2 guys that would have been "value" at #16 will be gone.

You will see some put Horn as the next guy in the 20's...and then a Tyson Campbell as the next CB coming off in the early 2nd round.

I'm not saying I wouldn't just take Horn at 16, but if there is a trade that also lands us another pick and still puts us in a spot for Horn even better.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Considering we have so many holes and so little young talent, I get it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering we have so many holes and so little young talent, I get it.

why? He can't draft. The odds suck either way, but at least there's better talent at the top of the board for him to stumble into in the top of the first round than with multiple picks outside of blue chippers.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
why? He can't draft. The odds suck either way, but at least there's better talent at the top of the board for him to stumble into.
Extra picks offer more opportunities for the guy carrying the card with the pick to trip, drop all of the cards onto the floor, and pick up and hand the wrong one in, with an actually successful player on it.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because I think we are targeting a CB....and more than likely the top 2 guys that would have been "value" at #16 will be gone.

You will see some put Horn as the next guy in the 20's...and then a Tyson Campbell as the next CB coming off in the early 2nd round.

I'm not saying I wouldn't just take Horn at 16, but if there is a trade that also lands us another pick and still puts us in a spot for Horn even better.
Newsome from Northwestern is moving up the draft boards & he should be there at #16. If he slides back to round 2 maybe we get Horn at #16 & Newsome in round 2?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose