Post your draft

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by HookemCards, Apr 28, 2008.

1. HookemCards

HookemCards Have at you!!!!!

Don't mean to make this a bash on the draft cause for the most part I'm fairly happy with it. That being said there are some picks I would have made instead of who we did. No trades, and you can only pick from players drafted after our pick.

I'm fine with the first 3 rounds, all were good value and need positions. But I probably wouldn't have drafted any of the next four guys, and certainly not where we did.

Rd 4 - Tashard Choice, the RB depth scares the hell out of me. I like Edge, but at 30 he's more prone to injury than he has been in the past. If he goes down its Shipp and Arrington and probably a top 10 pick agian next year. Alternate selection Tony Hills OT.

Rd 5 - Durant Brooks, having a punter like Brooks is a great help for the defense. Alternate selections Carl Nicks OT, or Roy Schuening OG.

Rd 6 - Brian Johnston, help along the DL. Alternate selection Chauncey Washington RB

Rd 7 - King Dunlap, unless we got Hills and Schuening earlier. Alternate selection Erin Henderson OLB or Darrell Robertson DE

2. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

My boards between each pick are posted on the BRS

Sticking strictly to each of my seven mini boards, my picks would have been as follows:

1. (16) DRC - He was 4th on my big board and at the top of my 1- 16 board.

2. (50) Cliff Avril (Campbell was 10th from the top of my 17 - 50 board just after we drafted and 5th on the board when we drafted him). I thought our priority was for an Okeafor or B-Train clone and Avril fit the profile. Nothing wrong with Campbell, though - If we had picked him over DRC at #16, (while I would have been disappointed in not getting DRC or another corner), I wouldn't have been shocked.

3. (81) Ray Rice - I admit it. I got desperate for a RB and went for need. I had Rice right after Kevin Smith and Jamaal Charles on my adjusted 51 - 81 board. I had Doucet at #76 (after 12 other prospects)

4. (116) Schuening - I gave up on the RB's and targeted one of the best run blocking linemen in this year's draft. He was at the top of my 82 - 116 board when we drafted. Iwebema was off the radar & not on this board.

5. (149) I still had Schuening at the top of my 117 - 149 board. Harrington was not on this board.

6. (185) Atiyha Rubin NT - Schuening was gone. Rubin was at the top of my 150 - 185 board when we drafted. Good motor for a NT and very productive in college - I wanted him as "Watson insurance" in case the kneecap isn't ready. I didn't have Hightower on my 225 player master board let alone this mini one.

7. (225) - Henderson LB. Rubin was off the board. Henderson and Leman were at the top of my 186 -225 board. (I had no problem with our selection of Keith - his upside was worth the risk at #225. Once again, I didn't have him listed on my 225 man board or draft write ups).

Woulda coulda shoulda. In our mock draft contest, one other guy and I correctly named on Cardinal draft pick (DRC). Trying to accurately scope out what any team will do for all 7 rounds is like finding the proverbial needle in the even more proverbial haystack so it's hard to use the "If I were GM, I would have done such and such" as a valid criticism of any team's draft.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008