Post A Youtube Video, Any Youtube Video

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I’ve never seen them live but hope to the next time they’re in town
They're amazing live. I've seen them about a dozen times now and going to their show at Red Rocks next month. They play all of their songs a little big heavier and crunchier live and do jams on a couple of them that blow you away. It's well worth the price of admission.

I'd just recommend not seeing them at a festival unless they're the headline for the your first time. Those have been the weakest shows that I've gone to. They don't play them the same way due to the time constraints. They're more of a straight play of the songs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I like Eric Church a lot, love Bob Seger and Turn the Page might be my favorite song of all time so I really expected this to work for me. But it didn't. Eric Church just can't do Bob Seger justice IMO.

Reaction score
I like Eric Church a lot, love Bob Seger and Turn the Page might be my favorite song of all time so I really expected this to work for me. But it didn't. Eric Church just can't do Bob Seger justice IMO.
He tried. Some parts good & some bad. I guess I liked it more for the nostalgia part of it because Seger was a favorite in my high school days. That & I was stoned listening to it so that always helps. ;)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I always enjoyed Seger growing up but I don't seem to remember this one. One of my favorite bands put this out on their last album and there's likely some of Bob's influence on the title at least.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The most blatant admission of abject failure is to be a racist. If all you got going for you is the color of your skin you were born with, then you are worse than useless. You. Are. A. Burden

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely forgot this even existed. Thanks, YT algo!

The bass work and tone on this are pretty sick!

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

When They Tried That In A Small Town.........

Uvalde TX. Population 26k; 21 dead.
Newtown CT. Population 28k; 26 dead.
Parkland FL. Population 35k; 17 dead.
Red Lake MN. Population 1500; 8 dead.
Santa Fe TX. Population 13k; 10 dead.
Littleton CO. Population 45k; 13 dead.
Oxford MI. Population 23k; 4 dead.

And he certainly remembers what happened when they tried that in a big city. He ran off the stage pissing his pants like a frightened cowboy. Las Vegas, 60 dead, 500+ injured. Mr. Aldean is dog-whistling past the graveyard. He can eat poop and die.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When They Tried That In A Small Town.........

Uvalde TX. Population 26k; 21 dead.
Newtown CT. Population 28k; 26 dead.
Parkland FL. Population 35k; 17 dead.
Red Lake MN. Population 1500; 8 dead.
Santa Fe TX. Population 13k; 10 dead.
Littleton CO. Population 45k; 13 dead.
Oxford MI. Population 23k; 4 dead.

And he certainly remembers what happened when they tried that in a big city. He ran off the stage pissing his pants like a frightened cowboy. Las Vegas, 60 dead, 500+ injured. Mr. Aldean is dog-whistling past the graveyard. He can eat poop and die.

If Aldean REALLY meant these lyrics from the song:

Cuss out a cop, spit in his face
Stomp on the flag and light it up
Yeah, ya think you're tough

Then they wouldn’t take too kindly to the MAGA jackasses that tried to overthrow the government on Jan 6th by cussing out cops and spitting in their faces and waving the confederate flag

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there are any guitar collectors out there, this one is going up on auction. Fair warning, you'll probably need a cool half a mill to get in on this bad boy.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imo, John Lee Hooker never got enough credit, this was copied countless times. Most notably by ZZ Top as basis for LA Grange.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This song was released 3 years before Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here

I think this is in G major and WYWH is in C, which are very similar keys. Using the 12-string, that hammer-on technique on the open voice, and you've got a pretty close tone. Especially without the other instrumentation and vocal melody. I don't believe it's enough to win in court, but I can see the argument.

Both are amazing tunes!

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think this is in G major and WYWH is in C, which are very similar keys. Using the 12-string, that hammer-on technique on the open voice, and you've got a pretty close tone. Especially without the other instrumentation and vocal melody. I don't think it's enough to win in court, but I can see the argument.

Both are amazing tunes!

Agreed. Van said that he liked Wish You Were Here and had no ill will towards Pink Floyd.

Just interesting to hear the similarities in the 2 songs