• No way Jose!

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if this were objective fact, then of course you dont trade out of the slot

but I dont think that it is. Nabers has been described by many of the online draft "experts" as very close to MHJ, or 1b to Harrisons 1a.

this isnt a Suggs vs Calvin Pace situation. Its a AJ Green vs Juliio Jones situation

No it’s not. No one is talking about Nabors or Odunze as generational prospects. No one is talking about teams trading up to the Cardinals so they can get Nabors or Odunze. The trade up talk is for Harrison because he’s as sure a thing prospect as you can get.

You just don’t pass on the generational prospect. Especially one at a position of DESPERATE need. Period.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Make it the higher of the 2 2nds in 2024 and 2025 1st, then I'd consider it. I'd want the 1st in 2025 because of the premium to draft a QB.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
But talk is now that JJ has entered the top QB discussion and could be a top 5 pick.
Honestly, I can see see that happening. Not because i believe he is top 5 but that teams get QB fever this time of year and make poor decisions.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
At some point you gotta use those picks on players. You can't be buried with them lol. I'm in favour of standing pat and taking MHJ. If he is not there then totally different story.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Galaxy braining going on here just makes me shake my head.

This team DESPERATELY needs a difference maker at WR.
Right and there are three of them. Odunze's comp is pretty clearly Larry Fitzgerald.
Harrison is far and away the biggest difference maker at WR not only in this draft, but in probably the last ten drafts.
The three receivers are really close. It's not that dramatic. And when Larry came out he was viewed this way, but a few receivers who came out around the same time were close to as good.
But yes… let’s move out of his way to get lower ranked WR prospects because we might be able to pick up another BJ Oujulari.
They are lower ranked, sure.

By lower ranked we're talking a 97 overall vs a 94 and a 93. Adding two extra premium picks would be a boon in this scenario.
This all feels like battered fan syndrome where fans are already making excuses for the beating they fear the team is planning for them in the draft.
No it's called being open-minded. This isn't binary, there are a number of ways to attack this draft and this off-season that will be satisfactory.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No it’s not. No one is talking about Nabors or Odunze as generational prospects. No one is talking about teams trading up to the Cardinals so they can get Nabors or Odunze. The trade up talk is for Harrison because he’s as sure a thing prospect as you can get.

You just don’t pass on the generational prospect. Especially one at a position of DESPERATE need. Period.
No one talked about Andre Johnson as a generational talent and for a good chunk of his career he was better than Larry Fitzgerald.

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals should go to the draft with MHJ already written on the draft card.

If MHJ is gone then I get greedy and ask for the 6, 39 and 2025 1st. They need to pay for the right to get their QB.
They balk, I am taking Nabers and not looking back.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

MHJ was a top-5 lock going into the year but maybe the poor QB play took some shine off this year. He’s still the best prospect and more importantly the best fit for Kyler. I have a sneaking suspicion Nabers me be under 6”. He’s more explosive after the catch than MHJ but the ball skills aren’t good (still good but sometimes looks a little funky bringing it in). I feel like MHJ is a better fit for Kyler and Herbert is a better fit for Nabers.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MHJ was a top-5 lock going into the year but maybe the poor QB play took some shine off this year. He’s still the best prospect and more importantly the best fit for Kyler. I have a sneaking suspicion Nabers me be under 6”. He’s more explosive after the catch than MHJ but the ball skills aren’t good (still good but sometimes looks a little funky bringing it in). I feel like MHJ is a better fit for Kyler and Herbert is a better fit for Nabers.
I use to think Nabers was a better fit for Herbert but now I think its Odunze. He's a better fit for Herbert in the Harbaugh offense.

For Nabers and Odunze sake I hope they avoid the Giants (assuming they don't trade up)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I do the trade in a second. Then draft Alt and use the extra capital to get back up into position to draft one of the receivers. Alt is going to be the best player in the draft and will give the team a stud line for the next decade or more. The difference between the top 3 receivers isn't a larger than the difference that would make. MHJ isn't going to be more effective than Nabers or Odunze if Kyler is on his back or running for his life.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd tell them the price is both 2nds this year....39 and 47. We could include a couple of 7th rounds back if needed.

If they want to pay that price I probably would do it. We're then talking about getting 5 players in the top 50 in a great draft

Or according to the draft value chart...we could trade 27, 39, 47 and get back into the top 10. Then we're talking about getting Alt AND Nabers or Odunze.

As much as I love MHJ....Alt and Odunze do more for this team over the next 5 years.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Marvin is there at 4 doesn’t that mean all the qbs are gone and we won’t get anything for 4?

Some are saying 4 QB's will go 1-4, but then JJ McCarthy did the combine and that's now put to bed.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This, 1,000 times this. Don't be the smartest guy in the room, Monti. If that "you'd have to be an idiot not to take him" player in MHJ is there, just draft the right guy. If not, sure, because you can get either Nabers or Odunze (preferably the latter). Alt shouldn't even be in the equation.
I changed my mind. If MHJ isn't there, stay put and take Odunze.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NO!!! If Harrison is there, Just take the best player and be done with it. If he's gone, sure, do it.
That is silly. You are moving down 2 spots for 2 additional possible starters - really 1 spot because you know your spot will be a QB

It's literally insane - especially if you value Odunze at nearly the same level as Harrison which I do. You would have to do this deal.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one talked about Andre Johnson as a generational talent and for a good chunk of his career he was better than Larry Fitzgerald.
That is just not true. He was the third overall pick in the draft. His combine workout was legendary. He was considered maybe the best prospect Miami EVER produced.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That is just not true. He was the third overall pick in the draft. His combine workout was legendary. He was considered maybe the best prospect Miami EVER produced.

I literally never heard that phrase with him. He was considered very good, but you didn't hear the same talk as you did with Fitz, Megatron, and Keyshawn.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I literally never heard that phrase with him. He was considered very good, but you didn't hear the same talk as you did with Fitz, Megatron, and Keyshawn.
You didn’t even hear Fitz nor Keyshawn in the same talk with Megatron.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
But he was also considered a bigger gamble than Fitz. Fitz was pretty close to a sure thing. There’s value in that too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'd tell them the price is both 2nds this year....39 and 47. We could include a couple of 7th rounds back if needed.

If they want to pay that price I probably would do it. We're then talking about getting 5 players in the top 50 in a great draft

Or according to the draft value chart...we could trade 27, 39, 47 and get back into the top 10. Then we're talking about getting Alt AND Nabers or Odunze.

As much as I love MHJ....Alt and Odunze do more for this team over the next 5 years.
If the last paragraph were possible I’d sign on

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah. Fitz wasn’t considered generational. If so, he failed to achieve that goal. He was just insanely safe.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah. Fitz wasn’t considered generational. If so, he failed to achieve that goal. He was just insanely safe.
didnt achieve?? Retired pretty firmly seated as the second ranked wr of all time...a guy who can play that long and put up decent numbers along the way is pretty generational....much better than a guy who puts up gawdy numbers and disappears after 8 years

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard