Possible info on Tillman

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I say possible because it is only in response to what I have heard from my girlfriend's brother in-law who is a Ranger in the 101st. They where still in Kuwait and his wife talked to him through e-mail and he said in about ten hours they are moving out with a chopper division. They might be implementing air born troops and Tillman might be having similar orders since he is a ranger. There is also a 300 mile supply line they might be reenforcing. My info might mean nothing snd Tillman's group could be anywhere in Iraq.

God's Speed Guys!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
It's a little strange that the 101st is still in Kuwait.
Perhaps they're waiting to see where they can be best utilized.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
It's a little strange that the 101st is still in Kuwait.
Perhaps they're waiting to see where they can be best utilized.

They were waiting to see if we signed Emmitt. ;)

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
A lot of anaylsis believe that the 101st is following behind the 3rd ID and then will branch off towards Northern Iraq to help establish a front in the north.

Also, Rangers in the 101st from what I know are soldiers that have gone to Ranger school but then are placed within standard fighting units. There are 3 ranger units of any size from what I can remember.

Do not take this as fact.

Mike

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Maybe they will deploy the 101st as fresh troops into the outskirts of Baghdad when the right time arrives? I don't really know where the individual units are right now or anything, just a thought.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They just dropped about 1000 101st to the north of Baghdad.
That squares with the commonly held projection that the 101 would be dropped north of Bagdhad to serve as a blocking mechanism to seal off the bad guys from escaping to the north.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Let's Hope

Let's hope he's not needed for house to house fighting in Baghdad....that's what the Rangers did in Somalia (Blackhawk Down).

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Man, keep your fingers crossed for the 7th Cav tonight.
They're expected to be attacked tonight by that big force out of southern Baghdad.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Shock and Awe

Man, keep your fingers crossed for the 7th Cav tonight.
They're expected to be attacked tonight by that big force out of southern Baghdad.

This is where shock and awe may be implemented.

F-16's.....A-10's......and Apaches won't let anyone harm George Armstrong Custer's boys.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Shock and Awe

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
This is where shock and awe may be implemented.

F-16's.....A-10's......and Apaches won't let anyone harm George Armstrong Custer's boys.

Hopefully the wind dies down and the sand subsides.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
The U.S. is also concerned about the Turkish coming across the border. I believe they are talking about putting an U.S. force between the Turkish border and the Kurds.

I haven't heard about the 101st being deployed to Northern Iraq yet. My guess is they had to wait for the storm to clear so they Helo's to drop them off.

To bad there isn't a decent Airfield up in N. Iraq. (Maybe there is...dunno).

I remember when I was in the Marine Corp training in Hawaii (Big Island) there was a small run way that c-130's would land on at the Army training facility (what an f'n dump). Anyway that runway couldn't have been but 1500 ft long (whatever it was it was real short) but those pilots where quit impressive. I remember practicing Securing Airfields in Hilo as well. Probably a similar exercise that the Rangers used on H1, H2, and H3.

Part of me really wishes I could help my fellow Marines (military in general) over there right now. All I can do is support them in what they are doing for us right now.

Mike

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't we just send a few of our jets with about a dozen or so missles - seems like an easy target (the convoy?)

Am I missing something?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
Why don't we just send a few of our jets with about a dozen or so missles - seems like an easy target (the convoy?)

Am I missing something?

I don't know. I was wondering that also.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
173rd Airborne Brigade.

So that meens the 101st is still behind 3rd ID.

Very Cool!!

The 101st can still be utilizied in an Airborne Assault when CentCom see fit.

Mike

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Yahoo:

Godspeed Mr. Tillmans

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...578&u=/nm/20030326/ts_nm/iraq_usa_airfield_dc

US Paratroopers Seize North Iraq Airfield-Official
21 minutes ago Add Top Stories - Reuters to My Yahoo!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Army troops parachuted into and took control of a key airfield in northern Iraq (news - web sites) on Wednesday, becoming the first sizable American military presence in that part of the country, defense officials said.

The officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said elements of the Army's 173rd Airborne Brigade, based in Italy, parachuted into the airfield. The officials would not state the precise location of the airfield nor give the number of troops involved.

A defense official said that before this operation, several hundred special forces troops had been operating on the ground in northern Iraq.

bratwurst

Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296

Am I missing something?

Remember the "highway of death" in '91? That could happen again, if the Iraqi's are dumb enough. If it did though, don't expect to see it on the news very quick. They probably won't let those pictures get out. Those pictures on every channel back in '91 created some of the pressure that ended the conflict.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This may sound dumb, but what is Centcom? Is this new...never heard of it before

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
Remember the "highway of death" in '91? That could happen again, if the Iraqi's are dumb enough. If it did though, don't expect to see it on the news very quick. They probably won't let those pictures get out. Those pictures on every channel back in '91 created some of the pressure that ended the conflict.

You must be registered for see images attach

Any truth that this also helped spawn the song, "Highway to Hell"

bratwurst

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Any truth that this also helped spawn the song, "Highway to Hell"

Ever hear the band Hayseed Dixie cover ACDC? Good stuff.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Qatar

central command

i think

Central command is our generals in Qatar.....pronounced gutter.....how that happened is beyond me....I ain't hooked on Arabic phonics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard