Pork on a Fork

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
So I saw this place mentioned in an azcentral article. Oh. My. God.

The BEST barbeque I have EVER had. Period.

The place is in a bad location for business. 1515 W Deer Valley Rd. It's a business complex across from Deer Valley airport. That's THE only bad thing.

The place is owned by two friends from Nebraska who both grew up on their family farms. They located out here and so their meat is shipped here from the farm. Angus and pork. Insanely tender.

They use pecan in the smoker which gives the meat a mild but deep smoke. Everyone RAVES about the pulled pork sandwiches. I can't get over how delicious and tender they are. They have ribs, brisket, homemade brats and sausages. Friday evenings the menu includes smoked salmon and prime rib.

Sides are excellent. It all starts with their Smoked Baked Beans that will have you in BBQ heaven, they even have bits of pulled pork and brisket mixed in. Delicious seasoned waffle fries, tater salad, cole slaw, mac salad. All delicious.

Everyone I have taken there (and I mean EVERYONE) all said the same thing: It is THE best they have ever had.

My brother, who is a BBQ snob like me, couldn't get enough. He told me that he has eaten at all of the old familiars; Dillons, Honey Bears, Thee Pitts Again, etc. He said this blew them all away. He even bought me a side of their ribs (I was having the meat platter, pulled pork, brisket, and a spicy sausage link with beans and waffle fries....$9.99!) I nearly kissed him. They were THAT good.

Check it out folks and thank me later. Pork on a Fork. 1515 W. Deer Valley Rd. M-F 11:00am - 7:00pm.

Oh.....you're welcome. ;)

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll thank you now...'cause I trust you.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beef on a Leaf? (environmentally conscious BBQ place)

Ribs with the Sibs (family run BBQ place)

Beans in Jeans (topless BBQ place)

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dcr, abomb, mrs abomb & I are headed out there for dinner tonight. Will post my review tomorrow.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a little late with the review--but damn, that food was GREAT. The meat was all delicious--we had the shredded pork, beef brisket, and ribs. All were fabulous. DCR made a special request of a "dinner" burrito with the beef brisket (They usually only make it during lunch hours) and they had to put the bbq beans in it instead of pinto. He said it was one of the best burritos he ever had.

The BBQ beans & Mac & Cheese were so, so good. They had bits of their smoked bacon in both.

My 12 year old said that their food "tastes like the air smells when we go camping". :) I thought that was cute.

Prices are really reasonable, portions are large. I'd recommend to anyone.

I did not care for the potato salad at all. The coleslaw was pretty good, but I wouldn't bother getting it over the BBQ beans or mac & cheese.

The waffle fries were good, the sweet potato fries were better. Corn bread was standard; sweet, tasty.

OP
OP
Brian

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Ok folks, since I first started this thread I have since gotten a job there. Your Pork on a Fork deliciousness will now be made and served by yours truly.

So here's the rub: This Friday (Nov 11th) we will once again be serving our smoked Prime Rib served with au jus (and horseradish sauce upon request). We do this every so often and I promise that it is DELICIOUS. Justin, the owner, cuts these slabs into what I like to call "Flintstone size". Just huge slabs of smoked Prime Rib. I have never seen a slab bigger.

The price is $19.99 and it comes with two sides. The problem is that you should order in advance to ensure you will get some. We serve it from 4pm-7pm only. It is a very expensive cut of meat so we don't want to prep more than what we sell. If we don't sell it the leftovers go in my belly. So order now and I'll make sure you'll get it.

1515 W. Deer Valley Rd.

Trust me: It's that friggin' good.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok folks, since I first started this thread I have since gotten a job there. Your Pork on a Fork deliciousness will now be made and served by yours truly.

So here's the rub: This Friday (Nov 11th) we will once again be serving our smoked Prime Rib served with au jus (and horseradish sauce upon request). We do this every so often and I promise that it is DELICIOUS. Justin, the owner, cuts these slabs into what I like to call "Flintstone size". Just huge slabs of smoked Prime Rib. I have never seen a slab bigger.

The price is $19.99 and it comes with two sides. The problem is that you should order in advance to ensure you will get some. We serve it from 4pm-7pm only. It is a very expensive cut of meat so we don't want to prep more than what we sell. If we don't sell it the leftovers go in my belly. So order now and I'll make sure you'll get it.

1515 W. Deer Valley Rd.

Trust me: It's that friggin' good.
Oh, and if you want to order ahead, a phone number might be handy:

623-434-1794

Support your ASFN fam!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I wish this was closer

I've smoke both prime rib and tenderloin and it's fantastic .......... $20 for a plate of meat of that quality with 2 sides is a good deal (especially when you consider what you'd pay for lesser priced cuts like pork butt and brisket)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Best BBQ in AZ. Had the 3 meat platter, and added ribs. Sides of Mac and Cheese and bbq beans. Will definitely go back.

OP
OP
Brian

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Set an all-time high in sales last night. We were BUSY. That prime rib was awesome, sold out in 45 minutes. DemsMyBoys....still looking for ya! Where you at sister girl??

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stopped by at lunch today

Had a pulled pork sandwich - very good.

Took home beef brisket to Alex - he loved it.