POLL: Trade back or pick Will Anderson

Will Az select Will Anderson or trade the 3rd pick?

• Total voters

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
All likely roads seem to lead to these two outcomes

Unless you're part of this Colt cult who believes Indy is going to trade up one lousy spot allowing us to both trade back AND select Will Anderson - which I just don't see happening - but I'll eat two plates of crow if it does and I would be one happy hippie should it actually occur

So anyways, this poll only has the two options lol

Me personally? The chances to land players like Will Anderson just don't come around very often, I'd even venture to say most GMs never get the opportunity. Everything has to line up just right - and when it does there will be numerous GMs at your door trying to secure their team's future using your fortunate position

And I think that's where my opinion truly differs with that of ASFN. I don't think teams will be moving up to get take QB #3 in this draft. Sure, it's possible but I think it will be teams wanting to move up for Will Anderson instead, especially playoff teams looking to get that final piece.

BTW votes will be public and you can't change them

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
All likely roads seem to lead to these two outcomes

Unless you're part of this Colt cult who believes Indy is going to trade up one lousy spot allowing us to both trade back AND select Will Anderson - which I just don't see happening - but I'll eat two plates of crow if it does and I would be one happy hippie should it actually occur

So anyways, this poll only has the two options lol

Me personally? The chances to land players like Will Anderson just don't come around very often, I'd even venture to say most GMs never get the opportunity. Everything has to line up just right - and when it does there will be numerous GMs at your door trying to secure their team's future using your fortunate position

And I think that's where my opinion truly differs with that of ASFN. I don't think teams will be moving up to get take QB #3 in this draft. Sure, it's possible but I think it will be teams wanting to move up for Will Anderson instead, especially playoff teams looking to get that final piece.

BTW votes will be public and you can't change them
A playoff team isn't going to mortgage future draft capital for Anderson.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Depends on what Houston does. If they pick Anderson, trade back.

I don't see anybody trading up for Anderson. He's good, not elite.
Disagree that Anderson isn’t elite. He is. The Cardinals can trade to 4 & still get Anderson, although I don’t see the Colts wanting to do that. If Anderson is gone at 2, then you trade down. If he is there, then MO has to determine whether to take an elite overall player or to create a trade than can also bring an elite package of picks. I guess we’ll know soon enough.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
A lot of the scenario's and depends on what Carolina and Houston do. All indications are pointing to Carolina taking Young. Houston on the other hand is a wild card. If Houston takes a QB, there are only so many options and Indy would feel more pressure to move up and trump the Raiders. If Houston takes Anderson or Wilson, Indy stays put unless they hear LV wants the same guy and wants to jump in front of Indy. We may end up going all in with "The" OSU tackle. I selected Anderson

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I am for picking Anderson as much as I was against drafting Kyler.

If they pass on him I will instantly consider the new regime a joke.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we trade. Monti is 100% putting it out there with what he's said, how he's said it, and his body language imo confirms it.

What that means for us, I don't know. It could be to #4, it could be much lower. He's trying to sell to the highest bidder and open for a larger drop.

The recent rumors of other positions we might stay and pick are meant to drum up interest. Teams might want a QB, OL, or DE/OLB, perhaps even a CB. This might be directed at the Colts, to try to scare them.

But also does that mean there isn't much out there, or that Monti is simply trying to up the price? Clearly, we haven't been given an offer to blow us away or a trade likely would've been made.

There's a slight chance that Monti is simply doing his due diligence and waiting for draft day to extract maximum chaos and hope a rival GM blinks. But that's wishful thinking. I only leave it open, since this is his first go around, so if he has balls of steel, it's now or never to claim them.

I hope we get Anderson. Mock drafts aren't everything. Sometimes teams will want a riser over an established one. There are always surprises. It doesn't look probable, but it is possible to trade down even to 7 and get Anderson. All you need is for some of these QB's and OL and Tyree to jump up over the established consensus. Does Seattle surprise us and take Carter at #5?

Does Anderson go #2 leaving us with no clear path forward but to trade?

I don't know how this FO runs things, but it's possible whatever we have Anderson graded at, we have 2-3-4 guys at the same level. Monti might feel comfortable rolling the dice, and hope for Anderson, but be okay with landing any of the guys rated the same. Maybe that means Anderson later, or maybe if gone, it means one of these other guys at 7 or 11.

It's so refreshing to be in the dark and know that whoever we pick it's not part of the Graves/Keim internal process era.

I really wouldn't discount Tennessee moving up with us. The Monti link is there. They just passed the new stadium deal. They may want to make a Kevin Durant type of splash and move up and get a QB.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I see us going defense With Will Anderson. We should have learned our lesson when we traded down and didn’t pick T Suggs. We have our defensive head coach in Monti’s ear and he has to be telling him he wants Anderson. Unless there is a great offer to trade down it makes more sense to stay put and get our guy.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think we trade. Monti is 100% putting it out there with what he's said, how he's said it, and his body language imo confirms it.

What that means for us, I don't know. It could be to #4, it could be much lower. He's trying to sell to the highest bidder and open for a larger drop.

The recent rumors of other positions we might stay and pick are meant to drum up interest. Teams might want a QB, OL, or DE/OLB, perhaps even a CB. This might be directed at the Colts, to try to scare them.

But also does that mean there isn't much out there, or that Monti is simply trying to up the price? Clearly, we haven't been given an offer to blow us away or a trade likely would've been made.

There's a slight chance that Monti is simply doing his due diligence and waiting for draft day to extract maximum chaos and hope a rival GM blinks. But that's wishful thinking. I only leave it open, since this is his first go around, so if he has balls of steel, it's now or never to claim them.

I hope we get Anderson. Mock drafts aren't everything. Sometimes teams will want a riser over an established one. There are always surprises. It doesn't look probable, but it is possible to trade down even to 7 and get Anderson. All you need is for some of these QB's and OL and Tyree to jump up over the established consensus. Does Seattle surprise us and take Carter at #5?

Does Anderson go #2 leaving us with no clear path forward but to trade?

I don't know how this FO runs things, but it's possible whatever we have Anderson graded at, we have 2-3-4 guys at the same level. Monti might feel comfortable rolling the dice, and hope for Anderson, but be okay with landing any of the guys rated the same. Maybe that means Anderson later, or maybe if gone, it means one of these other guys at 7 or 11.

It's so refreshing to be in the dark and know that whoever we pick it's not part of the Graves/Keim internal process era.

I really wouldn't discount Tennessee moving up with us. The Monti link is there. They just passed the new stadium deal. They may want to make a Kevin Durant type of splash and move up and get a QB.
teams always get scared on draft dday... maybe they have 3 OT's they like but they have them rated around pick 16.... but suddenly one of them gets picked at 4.... next thing you know, they trade up to get the other OT they liked... then a couple other teams snatch guys early due to FOMO...and suddenly your guaranteed top 5 pick is still on the board at 12.
we see runs nearly every year and its nearly always due to panic.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I think we trade down. But it depends on the package offered. Would be comfortable staying put and picking BPA.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA