poll: so why did the suns lost to the spurs?

why did the suns lose?

• spurs are better than the suns

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • suns were out-coached

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • stern & jackson threw us a curveball

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • blame amare & diaw

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • only nash & amare showed up - rest of team..??

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • other feel free to comment

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cly2tw

Reaction score
I chose "outcoaching" because I thought your first choice was meant to way "Spurs better than Suns talentwise", which they are not.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very interesting the one major reason was left off the options.

"The Spurs are dirty, awarded for dirty play and that changed the series".

Someone should start another poll with that reason on there.

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
I was about to go with the curveball. But I say "other". I think we didn't win because D'Antoni rotation is too short.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jbeecham nailed it. We were out of rythm because they allowed Bowen to foul Nash consistantly with no calls. Nash runs the offense which struggled because of this reason, and it was difficult for them to control their emotions knowing they were getting screwed the whole time!

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
For me, what allowed the Spurs to win was the refs letting the Spurs play physically without calling fouls on them. If Bowen wasn't allowed to ride Nash all over the court then our offense would actually be able to execute and we'd be able to get open shots. With the way the refs allowed Bowen to constantly foul Nash completely destroyed our offense and made us work 10x harder than we normally have to. It's extremely hard to overcome that on a nightly basis and control your emotions when you know your getting screwed night in and night out.

You are 100% right.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
poll: so why did the suns lost to the spurs?

Because you have no underestanding of correct grammar?

:bang:
i was at work, at the time this thread was being created. so my full attention wasn't there.lol get over it, post *****.
i was thinking the exact same thing actually :)
see above...

i think, originally, it was suppose to be:
"why the suns lost to the spurs"

big deal...

Very interesting the one major reason was left off the options.

"The Spurs are dirty, awarded for dirty play and that changed the series".

Someone should start another poll with that reason on there.
see post #5.
I was about to go with the curveball. But I say "other". I think we didn't win because D'Antoni rotation is too short.
that'd be coaching. mikeD could have used banks sparingly in game5, and those other guys too.lol

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
For me, what allowed the Spurs to win was the refs letting the Spurs play physically without calling fouls on them. If Bowen wasn't allowed to ride Nash all over the court then our offense would actually be able to execute and we'd be able to get open shots. With the way the refs allowed Bowen to constantly foul Nash completely destroyed our offense and made us work 10x harder than we normally have to. It's extremely hard to overcome that on a nightly basis and control your emotions when you know your getting screwed night in and night out.
That's playoff basketball. A run and gun team can win, but they need to toughen up and improve on defense like the run and gun teams of the past that won.

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
....Because Phoenix got outplayed by San Antonio.

Throw the game 5 suspensions in there all you want, but the Suns had that game and choked.

And......NEWS FLASH......Phoenix lost 3 other games to the Spurs, one when the Spurs were shorthanded and Phoenix wasn't.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tonight's game showed what happens when the refs actually call fouls against Duncan - the Spurs collapse. This illusion that the Spurs can play without fouling is just an illusion. When the refs call fouls, they lose.

I know D'Antoni was losing his cool, but he was watching the refs destroy the Suns by their refusal to call fouls against the Spurs. Yes they called some, but this was against a team that fouled nearly every possession.

Maybe the Spurs would have won anyway. They certainly hit their open shots better than the Suns did. But I get pretty disgusted with the crap that passes for playoffs officiating.

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tonight's game showed what happens when the refs actually call fouls against Duncan - the Spurs collapse. This illusion that the Spurs can play without fouling is just an illusion. When the refs call fouls, they lose.

I know D'Antoni was losing his cool, but he was watching the refs destroy the Suns by their refusal to call fouls against the Spurs. Yes they called some, but this was against a team that fouled nearly every possession.

Maybe the Spurs would have won anyway. They certainly hit their open shots better than the Suns did. But I get pretty disgusted with the crap that passes for playoffs officiating.

Officiating in pretty much every sport licks balls.

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i hope utah uses the momentum from their win and close out the spurs in 6..

=)

Nice thought, but I doubt it. I'm still thinking Spurs in 5.

To my knowledge, the Spurs have only lost one series in the Duncan era after opening up a 2-0 lead. L.A. 2004. And the .4 shot had a lot to do with that. Had that lucky as hell shot (Laker fan needs to admit it) not gone in, it would have been Spurs in 6.

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
should the nba replace all the referees because of constant bad officiating?

I think something needs to be done in ALL sports concerning officiating, umpiring, et cetera. When you have officials who are supposed to be objective and unbiased making blatant bad calls for the sake of some players (And I'm not talking only about the Spurs), something needs to be done. When nearly every different umpire in baseball seems to have a different strike zone, forcing pitchers to adjust the game accordingly, something is wrong.

As far as replacing ALL NBA officials, I think not. I think stricter rules and regulations might be needed. But, since the league usually stays pretty tight lipped when it comes to officials I don't possess the necessary information to make an educated decision.

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
is this an excuse that your spurs lost to the lakers?

Not an excuse. A fact. Duncan nailed an impossible shot sending Spurs fans and players worldwide into immediate elation. Then, Derek Fisher nails an even more impossible shot and takes the wind out of the Spurs sales. San Antonio went to LA down 3-2 and just didn't have enough to give after ".4"

Fisher misses that shot and San Antonio goes to LA up 3-2 with a big emotional boost. I believe they would have closed out LA at Staples in game 6.

I don't make excuses. I give credit where it's due. Fisher's lucky shot saved LA's season and propelled them to the next round. Without it, it would have been San Antonio/Minnesota in the WCF, thanks to Duncan's lucky shot. San Antonio would have beaten Minnesota and faced Detroit in the Finals. And San Antonio just may have had a 3-peat from 2003 to 2005, and maybe we would be talking about the Spurs going for 5 straight this year.

But, 'twas not to be. the Spurs got outplayed in game 6 that year.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
have you given horry credit for cheap shotting nash resulting in the suspensions of diaw and amare?
=)

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
nash overacted?
the man was tired, playing his heart out..
then some will smith wannabe pushes him to the scorers table near the end of the game..

how can you overact when you're flying in the air?

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Flying? His feet left the floor for a split second before he hit the ground. Then he laid his head down ever so carefully to make it look like he was really hurt. And then instantaneously he sprang up to confront Horry. Maybe he wasn't as "tired" from the extra minutes as he played it out to be.

Yes he was playing his heart out and I give him props for that. I'm not knocking him for hamming it, but he did, nonetheless.

Last edited: