Point guard speculation article - Russell hope

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It would be salt in the Suns face if the Wolves sign Russell and the Suns sign Teague.

I'm not against Teague but at some point the Suns need to go for it.

Would you rather the Suns sign Cory freaking Joseph?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reported preferred destinations for Russell are the Nets and Lakers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wolves may be a backup option for Russell.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but it's clear the Suns aren't Plan A, since they don't even have a meeting set with him.

It keeps coming up the Nets will either renounce Russell or trade him.

I'm not sure what the trade options are on the table.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reported preferred destinations for Russell are the Nets and Lakers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jeebus. I cannot fathom the Suns not making a run but it appears that is the case. If the Lakers get him and we have to face him over and over?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Covert Rain

It could be Oubre is the Suns big splash and surrounded by less notable players.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jeebus. I cannot fathom the Suns not making a run but it appears that is the case. If the Lakers get him and we have to face him over and over?

If it's true that the Suns aren't even going to try to get him, I am going to have to update my answer to the poll regarding when will Booker demand a trade, especially if the Suns do something stupid like signing Cory Joseph...

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not worried about facing DLo over and over, now facing Kahwi over and over --thats another thing.

I am guessing that the Suns already know if DLo would be interested in signing here. He might have already told us through Booker that he is going another direction. If so, there is no reason to waste time trying. Move on to Brogdon.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not worried about facing DLo over and over, now facing Kahwi over and over --thats another thing.

I am guessing that the Suns already know if DLo would be interested in signing here. He might have already told us through Booker that he is going another direction. If so, there is no reason to waste time trying. Move on to Brogdon.

Or it is as Gambo has reported since day 1....we aren't interested due to "Fit"

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or it is as Gambo has reported since day 1....we aren't interested due to "Fit"
I admit, Brogdon is a better fit, I just think it is more likely that Milwaukee will match an offer for Brogdon than the Nets will for DLo.

Again. Milwaukee might be persuaded to do a sign and trade, Maybe JJ, Melton, and a pick for Brogdon. That would be a win win. Melton is redundant with Tyler Johnson. JJ needs to be moved, and the pick is worth it. Milwaukee save 10-12 million, gets a future asset, and two young prospects. Melton is a good defensive backup behind Bledsoe (or they can have Okobo if they want). JJ is low risk since they can dump him next year if they want.

Nah. Now that I look at Milwaukees roster, Mirotic is gone. They want to resign Lopez, Middleton and maybe Gasol. They are OK. They do not have to over the Lux tax to keep Brogdon.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I admit, Brogdon is a better fit, I just think it is more likely that Milwaukee will match an offer for Brogdon than the Nets will for DLo.

Again. Milwaukee might be persuaded to do a sign and trade, Maybe JJ, Melton, and a pick for Brogdon. That would be a win win. Melton is redundant with Tyler Johnson. JJ needs to be moved, and the pick is worth it. Milwaukee save 10-12 million, gets a future asset, and two young prospects. Melton is a good defensive backup behind Bledsoe (or they can have Okobo if they want).

Or we could just stretch Tyler Johnson...

If they bring in ANY of the guards that have been talked about then Johnson becomes completely redundant, unless they're foolishly banking on next year's free agent class, keeping him makes no sense.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that's the case, Joseph and Rozier are even worse fits, as neither can shoot or facilitate.

Oh I agree. Very little about this off season is worth celebrating right now. I mean Saric is probably their best move so far and will be if they just take Joseph or Rozier.

In no planet could I have imagined that this would be our off season.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh I agree. Very little about this off season is worth celebrating right now. I mean Saric is probably their best move so far and will be if they just take Joseph or Rozier.

In no planet could I have imagined that this would be our off season.
I do not find this off season that surprising. I doubt many here do. We all knew our free agent money was limited.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not find this off season that surprising. I doubt many here do. We all knew our free agent money was limited.

Our money wasn't limited. There were many pathways to cap space. We used one of them on Warren then promptly pissed that money away on Baynes.

This team is just irrelevant now.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Or we could just stretch Tyler Johnson...

If they bring in ANY of the guards that have been talked about then Johnson becomes completely redundant, unless they're foolishly banking on next year's free agent class, keeping him makes no sense.

I'd like Johnson as a 3rd guard, but yeah the only way they can clear max space without moving him or stretching him(and keeping Oubre) is to get rid of Jackson, Baynes, Melton, Okobo without taking on any money and renouncing everyone but Oubre.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Seems like Russell may have been interested in the Suns until the Lakers became interested. The Lakers are favored to win it all and they are gonna be the center of the basketball universe. What player wouldn’t want to get in on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Seems like Russell may have been interested in the Suns until the Lakers became interested. The Lakers are favored to win it all and they are gonna be the center of the basketball universe. What player wouldn’t want to get in on that?

Play with my buddy, or hoist the NBA trophy? Hmm. ;)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Wiz are blowing it up and taking contracts and picks.

Tyler, JJ and three minimally protected first rounders for Beal. Then we still have our 13 million to spend.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Tyler, JJ and three minimally protected first rounders for Beal. Then we still have our 13 million to spend.

All I've seen is they're intent on keeping him. Hard to blow it up when you're going to be paying John Wall 40+m for the next 4 years, and I can't see them making any significant trades until they get a GM in place.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Someone is going to take Wall's contract with the agreement to swap picks for like the next decade

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Someone is going to take Wall's contract with the agreement to swap picks for like the next decade

Maybe they cold get special permission to stretch his contract over 100 years.