Playstation Network still down.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...says the person unable to play online now for weeks. Thanks for calling us ignorant but i will happily keep paying for xbox live.

xbox live service is worth more than they charge. Its like saying youd rather live in libya than america when comparing the servers of the two.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice.
So does my PS3 that's been running heavily...daily...for nearly 5 years now....same one.
Amazing piece of equipment. :)

My launch xbox lasted 5 years before dying.

My dad has a dead ps3 and xbox both only lasted about 3 years, now he plays facebook video games, must suck.

If you ask me, consoles are useless now without having internet on them, marketplaces, arcade games to buy and online gaming.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dunno.. I really dont play games all that much to begin with.. And whenever I play online with random people that play all the time, I get destroyed at whatever game it is.. I think they have cheat codes or something, so I dont find it much fun.. I will play online against friends though..
Nah. They aren't cheating. You're like me. You're just a dude who like to play video games, not some fanboi geek who makes it his lifes work to be a gaming god.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
occasionally people do cheat but the majority is people who spend 3+ hours a day playing that game online so of course they will be better than you. I work in an office and dont run alot when im home so anyone who runs daily will easily beat me in a footrace.

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
SOE servers, and websites, are back up.

Let's see if everyone logging in at once crashes it again!

edit: Playstation Network is still down however.

Everything will require updates to download and install, and all accounts will need to reset their passwords.

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say it now--the backlash on this will be minimal. The only thing that might REALLY affect them is lawsuits from gaming companies over lost revenue.

American's memories are painfully short sometimes (I don't know about other countries' cultures & how they respond to things). No one truly abandons anything on principle anymore, it seems. A few weeks after everything is back online, this will all be forgotten.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say it now--the backlash on this will be minimal. The only thing that might REALLY affect them is lawsuits from gaming companies over lost revenue.

American's memories are painfully short sometimes (I don't know about other countries' cultures & how they respond to things). No one truly abandons anything on principle anymore, it seems. A few weeks after everything is back online, this will all be forgotten.

No way. There will be plenty of civil lawsuits.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
glad you ps3 owners can get online now, i've had my internet go out for a few days once and it sucked not being to play online games i'm pretty addicted to live lol. Hope it stays up!!!! If they catch the hackers that did this they should get a long jail term sentence imo.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there will be a class-action lawsuit...and the same defendants in that lawsuit will be the same people still playing their PS3.

Maybe people in the class-action suit were the same ones watching their TV. (green blob issue that our tv has)

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
And it's hacked again.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/05/20/sony-hacked-playstation-so-net-isp/

Hard as it may be to believe, Sony has been hacked yet again.
According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, So-net Entertainment Corp., a Japanese ISP owned by the technology giant, said that hackers accessed its customer rewards site earlier this week and stole customers' redeemable gift points worth about $1,225.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/05/20/sony-hacked-playstation-so-net-isp/#ixzz1Mvnbks41

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Tried to log in tonight for the first time in months,,,, says the server is down. Is it seriously STILL down or is this just a issue this evening?

EDIT: I got my google on and I see that it's been down all this time. I cant believe it. Glad I dont have any money or credit cards tied up in PSN. I still cant believe it's taken Sony this long to restore it, that means they had to start from scratch and rebuild the whole network, which means so many vulnerabilities were exposed that they couldn't salvage the system as it was built. That's crazy, how irresponsible by Sony. I'm a big Sony fan too, I just bought a Sony TV. This is troubling news indeed. I hope they do right by the people who had money put into PSN because I'm disappointed in how they've handled this thus far.

Last edited:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Tried to log in tonight for the first time in months,,,, says the server is down. Is it seriously STILL down or is this just a issue this evening?

EDIT: I got my google on and I see that it's been down all this time. I cant believe it. Glad I dont have any money or credit cards tied up in PSN. I still cant believe it's taken Sony this long to restore it, that means they had to start from scratch and rebuild the whole network, which means so many vulnerabilities were exposed that they couldn't salvage the system as it was built. That's crazy, how irresponsible by Sony. I'm a big Sony fan too, I just bought a Sony TV. This is troubling news indeed. I hope they do right by the people who had money put into PSN because I'm disappointed in how they've handled this thus far.

It worked for me earlier.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I've had no problems with the network since it came back up weeks ago. The PS Store is still under maintenance however.

See that's the thing, for whatever reason they want me to reset my password, they sent me an e-mail, but when I click the link this is what I've seen for several days...

Attachments

• PSN.jpg
    PSN.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 80

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
See that's the thing, for whatever reason they want me to reset my password, they sent me an e-mail, but when I click the link this is what I've seen for several days...

Weird. I am able to get on. The only thing I haven't been able to access is the store but that doesn't really mean much to me since I have never bought anything online. I wish I could download a few demos but that isn't too big of an issue for me to wait.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Strange,is that your 1st account?.....and are you using the same console that you originally created that account on?

I have 3 different PSN accounts(same original console). My 1st account i was able to reset my password without an email confirmation immediately....but the other 2 accounts i was referred to an email confirmation and was able to reset there,and then sign into the PSN with new password.

Try contacting Sony about your problem,and maybe try creating a new account with a new email(like a GMAIL account) until it gets resolved so you can at least get online.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear lord. Now the same group that hacked the PSN network, claims they can and will hack the network and bring it down again. They claim that even the current security isn't adequate enough to stop them. Sounds like they have already "fished" the network to make this determination.

Oh boy.

Last edited:

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Dear lord. Now the same group that hacked the PSN network, claims they can and will hack the network and bring it down again. They claim that even the current security isn't adequate enough to stop them. Sounds like they have already "fished" the network to make this determination.

Oh boy.
Sounds like an inside job to me...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how is the group claiming anything? someone is owning up to the hack? wouldnt they be looking at prison time?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how is the group claiming anything? someone is owning up to the hack? wouldnt they be looking at prison time?

They have anonymously contacted sites. Not only did they claim responsibility but have said it's not over.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard