Playoffs: Suns @ Clippers Saturday game thread 4-22-2023 - Game 4

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Saturday, the Suns play game 4 at the Clippers.

The Suns lead the series 2-1 after the win in LA.

When: Saturday, April 22nd

Television: TNT, Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 12:30 pm Arizona Time

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I see us winning this game and finishing it off at home the next game. Got to give the stars some rest. 40+ minutes per game is too much.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see us winning this game and finishing it off at home the next game. Got to give the stars some rest. 40+ minutes per game is too much.
Yup. Especially on a quick turnaround with a 12:30 start time.

I’d even be okay if they lose as long as they don’t crush Book and KD with 40’s again on the minutes played.

But yeah, a W and 3-1 lead would be nice.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Especially on a quick turnaround with a 12:30 start time.

I’d even be okay if they lose as long as they don’t crush Book and KD with 40’s again on the minutes played.

But yeah, a W and 3-1 lead would be nice.
Their minutes has me really worried as the playoffs go on.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
Damion Lee is really bad at defense, this game however he seemed to have found his shooting confidence back. If he could nail that open 3 consistently, it'd be huge. Ross sometimes has the touch too, but equally bad at D though of different kind. Paul seems tired as witnessed in this bad shooting and missing two critical freeshows in the final seconds. Maybe we should rest him for a game and fill his minutes collectively by Damion, Shamet, Payne

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If Lee has his stroke back it’s huge for spacing in spot minutes. He’s playable then.

For the life of me I can’t figure out why Payne always takes a full season to recover from any injury.

Warren and Ross have been shockingly bad offensively. I expected defense. I didn’t expect zero offense and air balls.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would just like to see the team play well in one of these games.

I do think a lot of it is Ty Lou, and I have a feeling our offense will look better in the next round, but even so it shouldn't be this hard.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I hope last night was an indicator that even playing a team with a substandard roster, you have to bring it. Ty Lue had his team playing super aggressive all night, which is why we had a ton of FTAs. Good coaching move. Monty would never do that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope last night was an indicator that even playing a team with a substandard roster, you have to bring it. Ty Lue had his team playing super aggressive all night, which is why we had a ton of FTAs. Good coaching move. Monty would never do that.

I agree with you except the part, the Clippers have a substandard roster. They are a very deep and talented team.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just like to see the team play well in one of these games.

I do think a lot of it is Ty Lou, and I have a feeling our offense will look better in the next round, but even so it shouldn't be this hard.
I would also love to see the team have a complete game. I think that would alleviate some of the anxiety fans are having.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Durant says much the same thing about Devin Booker.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of? I wasn't happy about the Game 3 victory, because it shoukd have been easy; and (as I said) don't think much of the team's offensive approach; but I don't understand why no one seems particularly pleased by the 123-109 Game 2 victory. Why shouldn't I consider that a pretty solid victory?
The offense has not flowed at all except for maybe 5 minutes in game 2.

Maybe my standards are just higher than yours, I don't know, but they have been nowhere near where they should be yet IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The offense has not flowed at all except for maybe 5 minutes in game 2.

Maybe my standards are just higher than yours, I don't know, but they have been nowhere near where they should be yet IMO.
I think the overwhelming majority of the board is with you as far as the offense looking pretty rough. There’s really not much flow or much play design so far in these games.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me, this Suns team does not even look like they are trying that hard yet. They look like they are still trying to figure one another out, especially on D.

Boy, I would love to have Cam Payne healthy. And man, it would have been nice to somehow keep Cam Johnson out of that trade. Having those two come off the bench would make a world of difference. Well, one can happen, and one can't.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big gm for suns need to tighten rope on paperclips!! Lol barkley nickname for em

Want to see big gms by ayton kd and dbook

Wishing all cards dbacks suns fans a good fri:)

Oh bit 420 hangover lot of bong rips on the holy holiday 420 yesterday :) heh

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have to find a way to get more from their bench.

Let's hope the Suns get Payne back. If healthy, he should be able to give the Suns some productive minutes off the bench.

Okogie provides instant energy and plays defense.

Biz is solid if unspectacular as a backup center. They need to find Landale some minutes because he can contribute in spots.

Damion Lee can shoot the three so the Suns should explore using him more. Bench scoring is much needed.

The way it looks now, the Suns are not getting anything from Shamet, Warren and Wainright.

IMO, players that deserve another look are Ross and Bazley.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns have to find a way to get more from their bench.

Let's hope the Suns get Payne back. If healthy, he should be able to give the Suns some productive minutes off the bench.

Okogie provides instant energy and plays defense.

Biz is solid if unspectacular as a backup center. They need to find Landale some minutes because he can contribute in spots.

Damion Lee can shoot the three so the Suns should explore using him more. Bench scoring is much needed.

The way it looks now, the Suns are not getting anything from Shamet, Warren and Wainright.

IMO, players that deserve another look are Ross and Bazley.
Agree with most of what you say here, except that Bazley deserves a look. No he doesn't. Not even a little one.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose