Playoffs 2010: Western Conf Semifinals, Game 1 – Spurs At Suns Game Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HUGE W. One I didn't think we'd get. We've got a legit shot to win this sucker now.

First series lead ever over the Spurs in the Nash era. I like that. Can't wait for Game 2.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Lets take game number 2 that would be huge going 2-0 into San Antonio. I am very confident we won't lose 2 in a row in San Antonio.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 2 is a must IMO. Gotta take care of home court. Something tells me we are going to need a game 7 at home to take this series. This is going to be a fight of inches and the Spurs are not going to give us a thing.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whew. Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Suns win 111-102. :) Great win Suns. :)

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great win. Nash, Amare and JRich with big games. The Spurs made runs but this time we've withstood them. Now we've got to protect home-court and win game 2 so the Spurs have nothing to feel good about going back home.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that was an awesome win against a Spurs team at full strength, while we miss a big piece at the center

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this series will come down to our big three versus theirs... nothing more, nothing less. Our won tonight... barely. Gotta do that 3 more times. At least it's nice to know J Rich won't go tortilla on us like a certain mumbling bumblefk who used to play with us.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
If we had Rolo.... we'd wipe them. All those drives by Parker would be met by Rolo and Stat.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I think the Spurs will go with Parker as the starter in Game 2. We can't let Nash guard him, there's simply no way he will stop him.

cly2tw

Reaction score
That's why I have been preaching to adopt game plan to save Nash's energy throughout regular season. When he is healthy shooting like that and putting in effort on the defensive end at the same time, we are hard to beat. And tonight his 2-man game with Amare was even a little off. He mostly stayed to his players and we didn't blindly double team TD often. That's the ball game. We were only in trouble when Spurs fastbreaked us on missed shots.

Amare's help defense has come a long way. He got more rebounds simply because others were sticking to, and boxing out, their assignments, thus not snapping it away from him as in other games. His and JRich's steady offense has been the backbone for our playoff success, plus Hill's defense.

Go Suns!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Suns collapse on Parker and ease up on Jefferson. I rather have Jefferson scoring than Parker and his drives which often end in foul calls and and 1's. If we can keep pressuring them to shoot more and not drive for layups and easy points we can win because I don't think they are that good of outside shooters.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The problem is that you don't have Bowen to hide Nash anymore.

You have george hill. George hill on the court is GREAT news for the suns. We made our run in the 3rd the second they took out manu for hill, then stve could guard hill and grant could guard parker.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Spurs will go with Parker as the starter in Game 2. We can't let Nash guard him, there's simply no way he will stop him.

It's not like Parker didn't get the minutes. He may have come off the bench but he logged 36 minutes.

The best think about tonight's game is that Pop hates to play Duncan 37 minutes in a loss.

Steve

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 2 is going to be tougher. Here is my problem. Our biggest problems have always been Parker, Duncan and Ginobli. All 3 worked us. That means your betting that Nash, Amare and Jrich will match that effort every night. If not, your bench becomes HUGE. We are going to need Nash, Amare and JRich to show up every game and our bench as well....or you can bank on a loss.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
You have george hill. George hill on the court is GREAT news for the suns. We made our run in the 3rd the second they took out manu for hill, then stve could guard hill and grant could guard parker.

Not if Parker starts for him. If you have Parker, Manu, and Jefferson, you can't hide Nash.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not if Parker starts for him. If you have Parker, Manu, and Jefferson, you can't hide Nash.

Yep that's trouble, that was that lineup that started second half. But hill will play a lot regardless, he subs for both manu and parker.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree. Nash can't defend Parker, Manu or Jefferson. I predict alot of rotation defense in game 2. Something tells me the Suns might use a bit more zone.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Great win but game 2 is going to be tough with Parker starting. Need better performance from the bench.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This just in: Rumor has it that Manu Ginobli was stopped by Maricopa county law enforcement after tonights SUNS victory & has been deported. Yes!!
You must be registered for see images attach

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I'd like to see the Suns collapse on Parker and ease up on Jefferson. I rather have Jefferson scoring than Parker and his drives which often end in foul calls and and 1's. If we can keep pressuring them to shoot more and not drive for layups and easy points we can win because I don't think they are that good of outside shooters.
I agree. I would rather let Jefferson try to win the game for Spurs then Parker.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just in: Rumor has it that Manu Ginobli was stopped by Maricopa county law enforcement after tonights SUNS victory & has been deported. Yes!!
You must be registered for see images attach

ha!