Djaughe

Reaction score
Good info what will happen after our 10th season:

Mostly from this thread:
http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=2604768

though there is some from this thread:
http://goallineblitz.com/game/forum_thread.pl?thread_id=2610435

bort said:
I do not have a firm number set in stone right now as to how fast you will decline, which is why I haven't said anything about that.

Decline will start with a 1 season plateau in the player's 10th season, to the day. This is where you will stop receiving SP. You will still get VP's, though. After that plateau season, your attributes will start to decline. You will be able to fight it some by training and such, but eventually it will not be possible to keep up. My current inclination is to aim for 13 - 14 seasons or so to be that point, and you probably won't want to play him much any more after 15-16, but it's all up to you of course when you want to hit the "retire" button.

bort said:
Anthony19Wa said:
It's absolutely clear that it's b. It's the 10th season from the day it was created, so if you created your player season 1 day 20 the decline will start season 11 day 20.

This.

bort said:
Maddoc said:
Anthony19Wa said:
Bort......PLEASE give us a chance to retire a player but keep him on our page....you could even give players back only 50% of the flex or something so you'll actually still make money off of the player, and you can make a limit of 3-5 so that players don't over-crowd their page with retired players.

I hate to think of retiring my QB down the road only to have him disappear completely.

A "retired players" page for players whom you've retired and kept the name would be a good idea. I mean the player pages are still there anyways.

Will happen, and you'll be able to take those retired guys and convert them to coaches.

bort said:
Outlawz said:
What would these "coaches" do? Would they have some kind of role on the team?

Yeah, you'd hire them for the team in various spots, and they would give bonuses, etc. You'd be able to train up the things they coach well, just like the skills on a player, to give better bonuses and such.

bort said:
Sorry bout the confusion on my post earlier. It should have said AFTER the player's 10th season.

I.E.

Creation date Season 1, day 3
Plateau start date Season 11, day 3
Decline start date Season 12, day 3
Retire him when you want after that

I hope that is cut and dry enough.

bort said:
I'm kinda on the fence about allowing boosting after decline starts. I guess I'll probably allow it so you can fight off some of the effects of aging more if you want, but it would be sorta up to you if you would want to.

You'd just stop getting SP from leveling up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison