PG help

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does he have anything left in the tank? You are right though… this team needs a point guard in a bad way

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a good question.

Another point guard I have always liked but without the best stats is Raul Neto. He always seemed to play well against the Suns.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am fascinated by the Suns fan base's obsession with PG's. I guess it's because the team has a long history of having good one's.

80% of teams don't even have PG's anymore. That is not the teams problem.

Durant has the most turnovers on the team - he's not a PG - but he does have a really high usage rate. The issue is we are not distributing the ball enough, we have built our offense off of Booker and Durant ISO play.

Bad coaching is the issue.

Really just ask yourself this question how would a new pg change anything if they bring it up the floor and are told to immediately give it to KD or Book?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am fascinated by the Suns fan base's obsession with PG's. I guess it's because the team has a long history of having good one's.

Durant has the most turnovers on the team - he's not a PG - but he does have a really high usage rate. The issue is we are not distributing the ball enough, we have built our offense off of Booker and Durant ISO play.

Really just ask yourself this question how would a new pg change anything if they bring it up the floor and are told to immediately give it to KD or Book?

It can be both, bad coaching and not having the right player(s) who make the correct decisions with the ball at the end of games.

What I really miss is how Chris Paul closed out games during his first few seasons in Phoenix.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
I think you either need a point guard, (primary ball handler/floor general) or you need a well defined system that accounts for no PG. In this case, that system needs to not rely on Booker so much.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It can be both, bad coaching and not having the right player(s) who make the correct decisions with the ball at the end of games.

What I really miss is how Chris Paul closed out games during his first few seasons in Phoenix.
I don’t miss CP3 at all…but the way he controlled tempo and the game in 4th quarters with a lead was masterclass

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cool only 22 might be some promise in talent ladder growth

Hope he stays on roster through season

Wishing all az sports fans good mon

Just sayin thankkk god suns won l n vs wizards tod would have sucked if l lol

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Well KD plays best without the ball. His gig is shooting, not necessarily play making or one on one iso ball. He best fits in the flow of the offense when his teammates draw away defenders and KD is putting down open looks. So in theory, I could see if we had a motion oriented PG, anyone who would drive the lane and dish, it would get this offense moving. We start off way too stagnant and waste seconds of clock time each possession.

Book would be better off ball too, although he is good at iso scoring. You don't want Book Iso scoring too much, because then our guys just stand around and watch Book. No one cuts or does anything until Book gets tied up and needs to pass back out.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Find a way, Mat

You must be registered for see images attach

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find a way, Mat

I just don't know what we have that they'd want (that we could do without). I'm in favor of it, just don't know how to make it happen.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Why not one of those trades that gets proposed where fans put in all our trash guys like Bol Bol, etc, because salaries match, AND they throw in first round picks to us because his salary is higher than we want to pay. :shrug: Those always kill me!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Find a way, Mat

Averaging 7/2/4

Yup he’s clearly the answer. Nobody more overrated in the NBA than the white try hard guy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Averaging 7/2/4

Yup he’s clearly the answer. Nobody more overrated in the NBA than the white try hard guy.
He's averaging just under 15 minutes a game so those are pretty good stats considering. Nobody suggested he was THE answer but for possibly obtainable backup PG's, he's as good as there is IMO. He brings leadership and court smarts and we need both. He's really struggling from the 3 this year which is probably the only reason he might be available. But he's only averaging one attempt every other game so hopefully with more action he'll return to his previous form.

Also, it's misleading to cite stats by rounding down on numbers that should be rounded up. In his 14.9 minutes per game he's averaging 7.4 points, 4.7 assists and 2.6 rebounds. Extend that to per36 and he's giving you 17.8 points, 11.4 assists, 6.4 rebounds and 2.2 steals with only 2.7 turnovers per. Those are great stats for a true backup PG.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's averaging just under 15 minutes a game so those are pretty good stats considering. Nobody suggested he was THE answer but for possibly obtainable backup PG's, he's as good as there is IMO. He brings leadership and court smarts and we need both. He's really struggling from the 3 this year which is probably the only reason he might be available. But he's only averaging one attempt every other game so hopefully with more action he'll return to his previous form.

Also, it's misleading to cite stats by rounding down on numbers that should be rounded up. In his 14.9 minutes per game he's averaging 7.4 points, 4.7 assists and 2.6 rebounds. Extend that to per36 and he's giving you 17.8 points, 11.4 assists, 6.4 rebounds and 2.2 steals with only 2.7 turnovers per. Those are great stats for a true backup PG.

Oh ok

Dude that guy is ass. He is who he is at this point in his career and that’s average AT BEST for a back up PG. he’s not starting caliber in the NBA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard