PFT:Whisenhunt- for- Horton swap could be in the making

egomaniac247

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm for Horton taking over the team but I don't want him to take over the team with this many games left.

There's no doubt that we're going to lose out. I don't want the stench of those losses tainting Horton's image as a head coach.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Florio is the same cat that came out with the saliva story last week. I don't like him one bit but someone must be in his ear, someone really close. They could be standing next you right now close.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not like what flashed through my head when I first read this. I tried to picture Whiz as our DC reporting to Horton as our Head Coach but I guess they didn't really mean "swap".

Steve

It's the actual title of the article. What a doofus. Read the comments. It's obvious there aren't any Card fans on there giving their opinions.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Florio is the same cat that came out with the saliva story last week. I don't like him one bit but someone must be in his ear, someone really close. They could be standing next you right now close.

Nobody floats more unsourced stuff than Florio.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another way to look at it is that - based on the defense's collapse vs. Seattle, Horton doesn't come off smelling like a rose either.

I will have endless nightmares of William Gay missing tackle after tackle. Who was responsible for signing that guy?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Prob the same guy that gave you your inside info earlier in the year ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the actual title of the article. What a doofus. Read the comments. It's obvious there aren't any Card fans on there giving their opinions.

Yeah, those definitely weren't Cards fans. I love the way these guys can take a comment and turn it into something else. At first glance it sounds like reporting but all he's really doing is taking speculation about something someone else reported and then adding a little speculation of his own. Not that he's necessarily wrong, there probably isn't a fan on this board that would be shocked if Whiz was fired and replaced by Horton. But why can't they just come out and say it's their guess rather than passing it off as something more?

Steve

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I'd rather see they fired everyone connected with building this garbage and hired the lady who turned the ill performing lunchroom at a local middle school around as the new GM, this is that bad.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
It would be one way for GM Rod Graves to try to save his neck. Whisenhunt is an offensive mind, and it has been the Cardinals' offense torpedoing the team's season in 2012. Horton, a terrific defensive coach from the Dick LeBeau tree, could buy Graves one more year of swinging and missing at offensive linemen and quarterbacks. Coming off Sunday's embarrassing, 58-0 loss to the Seahawks, this Monday might make sense as the day to target for Graves to make the switch.

rotoworld

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
rotoworld

Graves gets out of this one and I give up, there's nothing he can't overcome.

I can't think of another team that would retain their GM after this except possibly us.

I wouldn't bother firing the coach right now, I'd hire a GM right now though, or at least start looking everyone for one as of a month ago.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd rather see they fired everyone connected with building this garbage and hired the lady who turned the ill performing lunchroom at a local middle school around as the new GM, this is that bad.

I'd like to see us fire everyone except for Horton. Give him the job the day before Buffalo decides they absolutely have to have him. Then, use the two picks Buffalo trades us for Horton to help re-build this team for our new Head Coach, Perry Fewell.

Steve

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hiring a GM now would be great for draft prep. So would knowing what our next scheme will be. I think they all have to go. Graves, Whiz, & Grimm

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Hiring a GM now would be great for draft prep. So would knowing what our next scheme will be. I think they all have to go. Graves, Whiz, & Grimm

IMO the only way to turn this to your advantage is get a jump on everyone else, hire the GM this week, then let them pick off candidates as faster than everyone else because they have the luxury of the next few weeks head start.

If the new GM wants Horton that'd be cool with me but why do that and save Graves job?

That to me is exactly what will happen and I'm not the least bit excited by that scenario, I have no idea if Horton can coach a lick at this level as a HC but we'll find out the hard way I'm sure.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
IMO the only way to turn this to your advantage is get a jump on everyone else, hire the GM this week, then let them pick off candidates as faster than everyone else because they have the luxury of the next few weeks head start.

They've already made the FO changes going into this offseason with the Keim promotion, Licht hiring and a new cap guru.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And then there's this:

@mikejurecki: Regardless what happens with the staff, it's still owned by the Bidwill family, Horton may look at other jobs. #justsayin

I'm not saying Horton is the answer, but this is disconcerting.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Graves gets out of this one and I give up, there's nothing he can't overcome.

I can't think of another team that would retain their GM after this except possibly us.

I wouldn't bother firing the coach right now, I'd hire a GM right now though, or at least start looking everyone for one as of a month ago.

Is there any other franchise in the NFL that would accept the results we've seen the last 9 weeks and especially the last two games and just go on as if nothing were amiss? We're talking about results that are historically bad. Not just same old Cardinal bad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They've already made the FO changes going into this offseason with the Keim promotion, Licht hiring and a new cap guru.

and who brought in all those people? Rod Graves.

Keeping Keim, who's been part of this disaster for years makes no sense. Promoting from within on a team that's a disaster makes no sense. Going with Licht and a new cap guru who was brought in by anyone involved with this FO makes no sense.

The answer obviously isn't from within. Every single person should be fired, a legit GM for the first time in a decade and let him make the appropriate decisions moving forward. doing anything else is the height of stupidity... or apparently, par for the course.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard