PFF Reaction Blog

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here's a quote from the PFF reaction blog on the week 2 game.

- The three highest graded players were Dominic Raiola (+4.5), Ndamukong Suh (+3.9) and Reilly Reiff (+3.3).

- The three lowest graded players were Jim Dray (-4.0), Paul Fanaika (-3.3) and Dwight Bentley (-2.6).

- Big game for Ezekiel Ansah who made the most of his 53 snaps with a +2.8 grade. What’s most impressive? Positive grades against the run and rushing the passer where he picked up two hits and a hurry.

- The Lions running backs took a step backwards. Reggie Bush broke three tackles on his 10 carries but had little room to work as he was, on average, met behind the line of scrimmage. Joique Bell (one missed tackle on eight carries) struggled as well but did average two yards per carry more than Bush.

- Don’t let it be said Carson Palmer is afraid of throwing deep. 20 of his 38 aimed passes were thrown 10 yards or more.

What I found interesting was Fanaika being listed as the 2nd worst player in this game. The general sentiment here seems to be that he held his own against Suh.. maybe they graded him poorly for the pull plays where he purposely let Suh through?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I did something I never do which is watch the game a 2nd time using slomo and focusing on the Oline and Dline play. I get the positive rating for Suh as he had at least 3 tackles for loss and did push Sendlein and Fanaika around on more than one occasion.

Not sure why Dray was listed as a negative 4.0. He did a very good job with his blocking assignments. Maybe it's because he is very limited athletically as a pass receiver and simply gets zero YAC.

Ansah wasn't impressive to me. He did get some pressures when he cleaned up after the pocket was collapsing due to other Dlineman applying pressure.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
PFF stats are garbage. They say nothing

Fanaika, a 7th round journeyman kept 2nd overall pick Suh off Palmer for 90% of the game. Hows that factor into things (it doesnt)

that negative score and whoevers writing these grades can suck it

Oline gets an A+ across the board. Lions D line were suppose to dominate and they didnt

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
:)

Fanaika, a 7th round journeyman kept 2nd overall pick Suh off Palmer for 90% of the game. Hows that factor into things (it doesnt)

Oline gets an A+ across the board. Lions D line were suppose to dominate and they didnt

Bohda you know the cyberfreaks are going to jump on you like stink on S***.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's equivalent to saying Levi Brown kept Quinn off of Palmer 90% of the time

:biglaugh:

Drop D

Striving for the Penultimate
Reaction score
How is their kicker not one of the bottom three ranked players?

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
What I found interesting was Fanaika being listed as the 2nd worst player in this game. The general sentiment here seems to be that he held his own against Suh.. maybe they graded him poorly for the pull plays where he purposely let Suh through?

+1

When Fanaika pulled it was Sendlein who should have blocked Suh. And I saw, at least twice, Sendlein literally get lauched in the air by Suh.

But I should add Fanaika did strugglr at times against Suh, one on one. But to be fair Suh makes a lot of offensive linemen look bad.

Sent from my intergalactic transmorgapher

Last edited: