Pelicans @ Suns Friday game thread 10-28-2022

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That is a low bar. But it not Ayton's fault we never had an outstanding center in comparison. But I certainly wished Ayton was more mature & had more fire & drive for the game. Maybe it come with more responsibilities this year. I know he better produce by the February trading date.
We see the training Jock Landale got as a Spur big man in his play now with the Suns. If Ayton was playing the same way now as a Sun we would be happy. I think it's partly the Suns bust when you see the difference in training for big men between the Spurs and the Suns. Stix would probably be a whole better player if he was drafted by the Spurs, too!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Jonas Valanciunas got both legs. I guess it could have been even worse.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We see the training Jock Landale got as a Spur big man in his play now with the Suns. If Ayton was playing the same way now as a Sun we would be happy. I think it's partly the Suns bust when you see the difference in training for big men between the Spurs and the Suns. Stix would probably be a whole better player if he was drafted by the Spurs, too!

The Hawks must have not realized what they had when they traded him to the Suns for cash.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it is about Torrey Craig, but he looks wide out there. He is playing like a legitimate power forward.

Maybe the departure of Jae Crowder has made a positive impact on him. Also, he is playing power forward and not small ball center.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Hawks must have not realized what they had when they traded him to the Suns for cash.
They had bigs on Atlanta already. I bet they really didn't have a place for him, and considered him filler in the trade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had bigs on Atlanta already. I bet they really didn't have a place for him, and considered him filler in the trade.

I'm sure that's the way the Hawks viewed it (filler). Kudos to James Jones for seeing the talent.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I caught some of the Indiana game last night, and they had Stix guarding the high point spot and stopping whoever was bringing the ball up. He did a good job slowing down or stopping the opposing guards. I pointed that out to my son, and he agreed that was the spot they had Stix at on defense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The acquisition of Jock Landale for cash reminds me a bit when the Suns traded $1 million to the 76ers for Rachaun Holmes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The acquisition of Jock Landale for cash reminds me a bit when the Suns traded $1 million to the 76ers for Rachaun Holmes.

The Suns even used cash (disabled player exception) to trade for Aaron Holiday.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
our bench was amazing! all of them.
Still a bit perplexed as to why Dario got zero run in this game, considering Aytons injury and the Timber wolves coming up with their twin towers. I hope Bismack starts practicing overtime on his free throws or we might start to see a hack a mack! his first year on the suns he shot them pretty well. major props to Bridges for his all around game, you can minus a foul and add another block to his stats. if our bench stays this solid we will be fine, love their defensive energy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Still a bit perplexed as to why Dario got zero run in this game, considering Aytons injury and the Timber wolves coming up with their twin towers. I hope Bismack starts practicing overtime on his free throws or we might start to see a hack a mack! his first year on the suns he shot them pretty well. major props to Bridges for his all around game, you can minus a foul and add another block to his stats. if our bench stays this solid we will be fine, love their defensive energy.
Pretty much this is a bench win!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Monty probably likes the bench rotation he used but it leads me to believe Saric may be traded along with Crowder.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Maybe. I'm not so sure. It's also the mentality of the players and their previous training before they entered the NBA. Ayton has always been naturally gifted so he maybe hasn't had to work as hard at it as others.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jock Landale didn't have a particularly good first half, but I liked the way he stepped it up in the 2nd half.

This kid is not intimidated. He accepts the challenge.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I’ve always thought they should implement a rule where you injure someone then you sit for the amount of games they miss. But make it without pay. Watch accidental fouls fall exponentially.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not training. It's temperament.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love