Pelicans @ Suns Friday game thread 10-28-2022

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton may never be more than a third wheel on a good team. One can only hope for more. Still he is a top ten center.
He’s already our second option. I‘m not sure what games you are watching.

I expect him to hit 20 and 10 this year pretty easily. Only reason he is not averaging that right now is due to foul trouble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I expect him to hit 20 and 10 this year pretty easily. Only reason he is not averaging that right now is due to foul trouble.

The Suns have some other good players in Paul and Bridges. I'm not ready to pronounce Ayton as the second best player on the team although that is my hope. Even Jock Landale had a +27 game against the Warriors.

No need for you to throw in the comment: "I‘m not sure what games you are watching."

Stats is not always the best measure of a player.

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah Ayton doesn’t get the physical tag until he starts drawing fouls and going to the FT line. Raise your hand if you’re surprised he’s still averaging under 3 FT attempts per game.

I look at basketball reference and they project him at 20pts 12rebs per game. Who thinks he misses both marks? I do.

I'd settle for him dunking the ball at point-blank range.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Aytons baby hook is unstoppable. I am not sure why they don't go to that more often.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope suns stomp the pelicans Shame no zion wanted to see him play he is a fun talent

Wishing to see great performances by Mr cp3 dbook and a monster da showing!

Let's goooooo suns ton! Got my 420 rdy lol

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

A lot of his boards are rebounding his own little lay up attempts.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns have some other good players in Paul and Bridges. I'm not ready to pronounce Ayton as the second best player on the team although that is my hope. Even Jock Landale had a +27 game against the Warriors.

No need for you to throw in the comment: "I‘m not sure what games you are watching."

Stats is not always the best measure of a player.

I agree stats aren't always the best measure, and it is pretty obvious to me although his stats aren't much better so far this season, the effort to make him a larger part of the offense is clearly there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ish Wainright is DOUBTFUL. He is the only Sun on the injury report.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t think that’s an option in California.
Bally's is too expensive when you add up all the other services you have. Plus, even if you get League Pass the Bally's games here are blacked out in AZ and I don't watch enough out of market NBA to justify paying for it. I know it's different if you are not in AZ. Besides, I can find a way to watch every single Suns game anyway as is (not counting to the games I go to).

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lets slide Ayton to PF, for one or 2 games against good teams.
He WANTS to play that 4 spot, its something deep down inside that pulls him to the 4, its his destiny. And there's not a 4 in the league that could guard him for 40.
Bonus: We still have a VERY competent center in JOCK to hold the fort down while in the learning process. And backups in Dario and Bizznatch.
Extra Bonus: DA turns into the next better Tim Duncan. Jock becomes to expensive for us to afford but we do it anyway because our new owner just doesn't give a ****.
We solve our NAGGING CRAPPY PF problem and our Center position takes little to no hit at all.
Now all we have to do is trade Chowder for a PG that can bring 7 to 10 assists a game, he doesn't even have to have those numbers before because Oliver Miller could get 7-10 assists with Booker and the other monsters on this team.
Make it happen you ninnies.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Am I wrong to suppose that even if the Suns win due to the Pelicans' injuries, a roster like the Suns' that has basically no real power forwards would be destroyed under the basket by Zion Williamson? Unless he's so beat up that the Pelicans are unwise to let him play. Oh, well, let's just see.

Bet the centers have to guard Williamson. It's ridiculous to even try putting a frame like Cameron Johnson's on such a body. In Charles Barkley' first game against the Suns after leaving them, the Suns' defensive strategy was to put Joe Kleine on Barkley. It worked: Barkley afterward admitted that the huge size disadvantage wore him down. The Suns used to use that trick on Karl Malone by putting Mark West on him.
Even in top form Zion has been trash against the Suns for whatever reason.
When he's rolling the rest of the team is just taking up space.
The Pelicans are easier to beat WITH Zion than without.
I said it and ill stand by it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per Adrian Wojnarowski, there is a likelihood Zion may not play until Sunday.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DA like it or not is by far the best center this team has ever seen and likely will ever see. He may not be what you want but he's what we got.
There's 29 teams in this league that would efing kill to have DA holding down the 5.
I still wouldn't trade DA straight up for Luka. (maybe if we didn't have Book)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
DA like it or not is by far the best center this team has ever seen and likely will ever see. He may not be what you want but he's what we got.
There's 29 teams in this league that would efing kill to have DA holding down the 5.
I was with you until the end as much as Luka rubs me the wrong way as an opponent.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing to think the Suns had four stars on their team at one time in Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson only for Sarver not to extend JJ.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Arguably that's a Low bar. Unless you count Amar'e as a center...

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Lets slide Ayton to PF, for one or 2 games against good teams.
He WANTS to play that 4 spot, its something deep down inside that pulls him to the 4, its his destiny. And there's not a 4 in the league that could guard him for 40.
Bonus: We still have a VERY competent center in JOCK to hold the fort down while in the learning process. And backups in Dario and Bizznatch.
Extra Bonus: DA turns into the next better Tim Duncan. Jock becomes to expensive for us to afford but we do it anyway because our new owner just doesn't give a ****.
We solve our NAGGING CRAPPY PF problem and our Center position takes little to no hit at all.
Now all we have to do is trade Chowder for a PG that can bring 7 to 10 assists a game, he doesn't even have to have those numbers before because Oliver Miller could get 7-10 assists with Booker and the other monsters on this team.
Make it happen you ninnies.
Yeah I'd give Ayton a shot at power forward as it may create some problems for the opposition and Jock at the high post a try. Jock has done very well and particularly in that last game with 17 point & 7 rebounds but 4 games into season I just need to see a larger sample of success. I do think Jock has some fire within him as he's been a bright spot for the team.

Last edited:

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Arguably that's a Low bar. Unless you count Amar'e as a center...
That is a low bar. But it not Ayton's fault we never had an outstanding center in comparison. But I certainly wished Ayton was more mature & had more fire & drive for the game. Maybe it come with more responsibilities this year. I know he better produce by the February trading date.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the latest on the Pelicans injury situation.